× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 59 visibility 7867

help me find stuff to wear pleeease

Medina83's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

Salam sisters,
    I need your help seriously, I'm getting desperate

I am a revert so trying to find better clothing, more suitable for a muslima.

Ok here are my problemos:

1) I live in Ireland and there are absolutely NO Islamic clothing stores here
    2) I've looked around regular shops at best the clothes barely meet our requirements
    3) I bought some stuff from www.shukr.co.uk but honestly I think their stuff is very expensive, I bought 4 tops and that was 160 sterling which is like over 200 euro for me and a lot for 4 items.
    4) Because I'm buying online I still have to use my credit card with which I'm paying Riba :enough!:
    5)I work in an office for a multinational so I require smart clothing as well as being modest, (in other words I'm not going to wear an abaya to work)
    6) Its getting warmer and I'm still wearing Polonecks any suggestions for lighter clothing?

Ok if you have any advice great, ultimately what i'm looking for are websites I can buy from. I've trawled ebay and the net and very little modern smart clothing can I find.

Please help!!
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: help me find stuff to wear pleeease

http://www.maraboonline.com/collection.php

http://www.shukronline.com/

http://ejilbab.com/category~categoryID~18.html

http://www.anja.ca/

http://www.rebirthofchic.com/home

I have just one Q... how is using your credit card riba if you are paying it all on time? I mean how is it different than using a check? you can use your debit card instead of credit card if you feel badly about using a credit card....I am sorry that I didn't read the entire post it seems one of those shops is unsuitable as you have already shopped there... to be honest when all else fails try Anntaylorloft.com
    http://anntaylorloft.com/atlShowCate...Section_Id=260

Also J jill is modest and chic
    http://www.jjill.com/
    they have some pretty nice modest clothes ...
    http://www.modestclothes.com/trendy/...-clothing.html

Last edited by جوري; 04-02-2007 at 11:48 PM.

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - help me find stuff to wear pleeease

chat Quote

snakelegs's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Medina83 View Post
    4) Because I'm buying online I still have to use my credit card with which I'm paying Riba :enough!:
    i'm not sure, because i've never had a credit card, but i think if you are very careful about always paying it off right away, you don't run in to the interest problem. (i'm sure they hate that!).

each man thinks of his own fleas as gazelles
    question authority
    image06 1 - help me find stuff to wear pleeease
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thanks for the website suggestions

The problem with the credit card is i've a massive balance (from before I reverted) and I can't possibly afford to pay it all off yet. And I don't have a debit card, the ones they issue in Ireland are not usable on non-Irish websites. Its called Laser.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    snakelegs's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

well then, yes - it is a problem.
    good luck to you. it's not so easy when you're somewhat isolated - there probably aren't a whole lot of muslims in ireland.

each man thinks of his own fleas as gazelles
    question authority
    image06 1 - help me find stuff to wear pleeease
    chat Quote

Muslim Woman's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    Super Moderator
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I seek refuge in Allah (The One God) from the Satan (devil) the cursed, the rejected

With the name of ALLAH (swt) -The Bestower Of Unlimited Mercy, The Continously Merciful

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh (May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)

&&

Salam sisters,

Please help!!
    --welcome to Islam , sis.

May Allah ease the matters for u.

do u have any mosque in the city ? May be , u can call there & take some help ?

Don't know if dress will be availble in the following places ...u may try ...best of luck , sis

http://www.nccri.ie/cdsu-religions.html#1

In September 1996 the Islamic Cultural Centre of Ireland at Clonskeagh, Dublin 14 was opened.

The Islamic Cultural Centre offers facilities for daily prayers and religious celebrations and for education and the general welfare of the community including a Muslim National School, a library, a shop and a restaurant.

Both the Centres at South Circular Road and at Clonskeagh contribute to breaking down barriers and encouraging mutual understanding between Muslims and the Irish public.

Contact us

Help Line or Ordering by Phone: US/CA (800) 471-6023 Europe / World +353-766709552

Contact Details:

liveIreland Shop C/O Isis Communications.

Phone: US/CA (800) 471-6023 Europe / World +353-766709552 Address: PO Box 200 Dublin 1, Ireland. (Goods)

PO Box 200 Dublin 1, Ireland. (admin). email: [email protected].
    You can send a message to us using the form below. We will reply as soon as possible!

Last edited by Muslim Woman; 04-03-2007 at 08:52 AM.

Christ will never be proud to reject to be a slave to God .....holy Quran, chapter Women , 4: 172

recitation:http://quran.jalisi.com
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Yes there is a mosque here elhamdulillah

I went there on friday for Jummah prayer (and it was my first congregational prayer also) and the women all looked at me funny. I don't know why but I've feeling its because I'm not of an arabic ethnicity...but anyway I felt like I had five heads or something, it was not a pleasant experience
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

By the way jazak Allah for your kind words all of you, may God reward you all with goodness
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Super Moderator
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salaam/peace ,

Yes there is a mosque here elhamdulillah

I went there on friday for Jummah prayer (and it was my first congregational prayer also) and the women all looked at me funny. I don't know why but I've feeling its because I'm not of an arabic ethnicity...but anyway I felt like I had five heads or something, it was not a pleasant experience

--i m so sorry sis

most Muslims are non-Arabs. I guess , sometimes born Muslims find it hard to believe that after so much hostile media propaganda , still western women are embracing Islam. So , they look stragely at the reverts.

have patinece pl. with born Muslims ....we have so many faults .....bear with us Jazak Allah

Christ will never be proud to reject to be a slave to God .....holy Quran, chapter Women , 4: 172

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I'm many faults myself , maybe I was just wearing hijab all wrong or something

Hopefully inshaAllah, i'll find a friend
    chat Quote

Snowflake's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Assalamu alaykum
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You can wear any clothing, as long as it's loose and not transparent sis. For some reason jilbabs are so expensive. Around £35 each, or more!

Do you have Sainsbury's in Ireland? They do some lovely great quality tunics (£20) and long skirts at reasonable prices. (Sorry, they don't seem to have the clothing range on their website though.)

Evans have got some skirts you might like (below) but the sizes start from 16+.

Here are some of their items: Black Jersey Skirt £15.00

23A02ABLK thumb - help me find stuff to wear pleeease

Grey Check Skirt Now £15.00

23G20AGRY thumb - help me find stuff to wear pleeease

Linen Blend Skirt £20.00

23D01ANEU thumb - help me find stuff to wear pleeease

http://www.evans.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st...goriesDisplay?

Or if you can sew, make your own. I find the paper patterns so tricky. So buy a cheap second hand item. Unstitch it and use as a template. If you can't sew then why not learn? It will be the best investment you'll have ever made.
    chat Quote

AhlaamBella's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    To Allah I belong, and to Him I will return
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

the jilbabs at hijabshop.com are amazing!

New2BAdLogo 1 - help me find stuff to wear pleeease
    http://www.lastinglilies.wordpress.com
    chat Quote

S_87's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Maryams Mommy
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

this site has many links
    http://www.modernmuslima.com/clothiers.htm

aslo for modest clothing, theres many skirts available in uk stores (im guessing ireland would be the same) ?

Our Lord! Verily, we have heard the call of one calling to Faith: 'Believe in your Lord,' and we have believed.
    Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and expiate from us our evil deeds, and make us die (in the state of righteousness) along with Al-Abrar
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

http://www.hayaclothing.com/c-2-skirts.aspx

P.S: people who look at you funny no matter who they are, are just not nice... there are many Hadiths by Prophet Momhammed PBUH which I can't find at this very moment-- but its moral is (Let no women mock other women, lest they be better than them)-- if you felt they were being condescending toward you-- perhaps you can ask them why they are staring? and remind them of the hadiths of prophet Mohammed PBUH ..

fi aman illah dear sister
    Last edited by جوري; 04-03-2007 at 03:32 PM.

If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - help me find stuff to wear pleeease

chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Super Moderator
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salaam/peace;

format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia View Post
    ... moral is (Let no women mock other women, lest they be better than them)--
    -----it's a verse from Quran .....don't remember the name of the chapter......Ahzab ???

perhaps you can ask them why they are staring?

---may be they were wondering how a revert sis is wearng hijab so beautifully

chat Quote

iqbal_soofi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salam sisters,

I am a revert so trying to find better clothing, more suitable for a muslima.

Ok here are my problemos:

1) I live in Ireland and there are absolutely NO Islamic clothing stores here
    2) I've looked around regular shops at best the clothes barely meet our requirements
    3) I bought some stuff from www.shukr.co.uk but honestly I think their stuff is very expensive, I bought 4 tops and that was 160 sterling which is like over 200 euro for me and a lot for 4 items.
    5)I work in an office for a multinational so I require smart clothing as well as being modest, (in other words I'm not going to wear an abaya to work)
    6) Its getting warmer and I'm still wearing Polonecks any suggestions for lighter clothing?

Ok if you have any advice great, ultimately what i'm looking for are websites I can buy from. I've trawled ebay and the net and very little modern smart clothing can I find.

Please help!!

You can wear anything according to the time or ocassion, and the place or venue. Try to respect the general norms and customs of the good people of the country in which you live. Avoid any kind of extremes. Don't try to look too much flameboyant or too much conservative. Be moderate, cool and graceful.

Faith, to my mind, is a stiffening process, a sort of mental starch.
    chat Quote

Maimunah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by iqbal_soofi View Post
    You can wear anything according to the time or ocassion, and the place or venue. Try to respect the general norms and customs of the good people of the country in which you live. Avoid any kind of extremes. Don't try to look too much flameboyant or too much conservative. Be moderate, cool and graceful.

what do u mean by that plz:

رَبِّ ٱجۡعَلۡنِى مُقِيمَ ٱلصَّلَوٰةِ وَمِن ذُرِّيَّتِى*ۚ رَبَّنَا وَتَقَبَّلۡ دُعَآءِ (٤٠) رَبَّنَا ٱغۡفِرۡ لِى وَلِوَٲلِدَىَّ وَلِلۡمُؤۡمِنِينَ يَوۡمَ يَقُومُ ٱلۡحِسَابُ
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman View Post

Salaam/peace;

-----it's a verse from Quran .....don't remember the name of the chapter......Ahzab ???

---may be they were wondering how a revert sis is wearng hijab so beautifully
    You are so very right dear sister-- thank you..

here is the verse Al Hujrat

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا لَا يَسْخَرْ قَومٌ مِّن قَوْمٍ عَسَى أَن يَكُونُوا خَيْرًا مِّنْهُمْ وَلَا نِسَاء مِّن نِّسَاء عَسَى أَن يَكُنَّ خَيْرًا مِّنْهُنَّ وَلَا تَلْمِزُوا أَنفُسَكُمْ وَلَا تَنَابَزُوا بِالْأَلْقَابِ بِئْسَ الاِسْمُ الْفُسُوقُ بَعْدَ الْإِيمَانِ وَمَن لَّمْ يَتُبْ فَأُوْلَئِكَ هُمُ الظَّالِمُونَ {11}
    [Pickthal 49:11] O ye who believe! Let not a folk deride a folk who may be better than they (are), not let women (deride) women who may be better than they are; neither defame one another, nor insult one another by nicknames. Bad is the name of lewdness after faith. And whoso turneth not in repentance, such are evil-doers.

chat Quote

iqbal_soofi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Ruwaydah View Post

what do u mean by that plz:

Don't go to the extremes. Don't look like a joker or an arrogant dumb who doesn't respect the feelings of the general public. The way you dress shows that how much respect you've for your own ideas or your own ideology but it also shows that how much regard or respect you've for others.

Faith, to my mind, is a stiffening process, a sort of mental starch.
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Bro iqbaal ^ is there any proof from the Qur'an and Sunnah for that? Or is that your personal opinion?
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! help me find stuff to wear pleeease Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. help me find stuff to wear pleeease