× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 45 visibility 5211

Al Qaeda Doesn't Exist

mohammed farah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thumbs up Al Qaeda Doesn't Exist

Report bad ads?

There's no such thing as al Qaeda, or al Qaida, or however you want to spell it. It's a fraud perpetrated on the British and American people by the governments to scare us into submission. This is a clip from the excellent three-part BBC documentary "The Power of Nightmares".

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...48649&hl=en-GB

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Al Qaeda Doesn't Exist

thread title is a bit iffy but a good docu nonetheless

wasalaam

edit
    full dvd available now at archives org
    Last edited by NoName55; 04-13-2007 at 06:22 AM.

Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I had deleted this thread as being conspiracy theory. However I did some more checking. I did find out that the BBC did broadcast the movies this film clip came from as a documentary.

The Power of Nightmares, subtitled The Rise of the Politics of Fear, is a BBC series of documentary films, written and produced by Adam Curtis.

This documentary argues that during the 20th Century politicians lost the power to inspire the masses, and that the optimistic visions and ideologies they had offered were perceived to have failed. The film asserts that politicians consequently sought a new role that would restore their power and authority. Curtis, who also narrates the series, declares in the film's introduction that “Instead of delivering dreams, politicians now promise to protect us: from nightmares”. To illustrate this Curtis compares the rise of the American neoconservatives and radical Islamists, believing that both are closely connected; that some popular beliefs about these groups are inaccurate; and that both movements have benefited from exaggerating the scale of the terrorist threat.
    Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Power_of_Nightmares

I have reopened th thread on the basis that the film the clip came from did originate from a legitimate News source. At the moment I am downloading the entire original movies. That will take some time as I have a very slow connection and it is not reliable. Because a legitimate News agency did recognise it as a documentary. I feel I can not label it as a conspiracy theiory until I know more about it. At the moment I have to accept it as coming from a legitimate news source.
    Al Qaeda Doesn't Exist

Herman 1 - Al Qaeda Doesn't Exist

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

OK thanks

6. Report bad ads?
    Chechnya's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I have reopened th thread on the basis that the film the clip came from did originate from a legitimate News source. At the moment I am downloading the entire original movies. That will take some time as I have a very slow connection and it is not reliable. Because a legitimate News agency did recognise it as a documentary. I feel I can not label it as a conspiracy theiory until I know more about it. At the moment I have to accept it as coming from a legitimate news source.
    Its a good docu, bro - i recommend it

its not really a conspiracy theory in that it doenst say Bin Laden wasnt behind 9-11 or anything like that - its main theme is that the supposed power of Bin Ladens organisaton has been blown out of all proportion in order to intimidate western populations into submission

it also charts the rise of the "Islamists" and the neo-cons and shows how together these two enemies have risen to change the world as we know it - interesting stuff

DAWUD_adnan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Striving for Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I Knew iT!!!, i told EverOne But No One Would BeliEve mE !!!
    Al Qaeda Doesn't Exist

[/SIGPIC1][SIGPIC]

snakelegs's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Chechnya View Post
    Its a good docu, bro - i recommend it

its not really a conspiracy theory in that it doenst say Bin Laden wasnt behind 9-11 or anything like that - its main theme is that the supposed power of Bin Ladens organisaton has been blown out of all proportion in order to intimidate western populations into submission

it also charts the rise of the "Islamists" and the neo-cons and shows how together these two enemies have risen to change the world as we know it - interesting stuff
    unfortuneately i can't watch it, but it sounds good.
    i have believed all along that the power of al-qaeda was greatly exaggerated. important people are raking in big bucks from this "war on terrorism".
    politically, there are few things better for the powerful as a never-ending war.
    Al Qaeda Doesn't Exist

each man thinks of his own fleas as gazelles
    question authority
    image06 1 - Al Qaeda Doesn't Exist

lavikor201's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by mohammed farah View Post
    There's no such thing as al Qaeda, or al Qaida, or however you want to spell it. It's a fraud perpetrated on the British and American people by the governments to scare us into submission. This is a clip from the excellent three-part BBC documentary "The Power of Nightmares".

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...48649&hl=en-GB
    I have never seen such ignorance, better yet, stupidity.
    Al Qaeda Doesn't Exist

wwwislamicboardcom - Al Qaeda Doesn't Exist

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by lavikor201 View Post
    is this not personal abuse?:X

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

But where's the prove that AL Qaeda really does exists. because all I have seen is some videos with Osama bin laden declaring war on the west and a few pictures of men with guns In the background.

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by mohammed farah View Post
    But where's the prove that AL Qaeda really does exists. because all I have seen is some videos with Osama bin laden declaring war on the west and a few pictures of men with guns In the background.
    Maybe the fact that they have posted on websites that they have existed, and claimed responsibility for many attacks long before 9/11.

Maybe that the financial records of their activity and recruiting in various places has been known long before 9/11.

Did you see the interviews of Osama Bin Laden by Peter Bergen?

format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55 View Post
    is this not personal abuse?:X
    How so, I am not insulting the poster. I am insulting the idea of the video.
    Al Qaeda Doesn't Exist

Dahir's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Board Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Al Qaeda is something that has greatly stifled me.

To some extent I can see that they are Islamic revivalists who have been banned in their homelands, who are now banding to take back what's theirs. Sort of like international exiles with a little bit of power, who through money and sheer influence and propaganda, can do a lot of damage.

Another thing is that the Taliban, a purely legitimate group, have spoken much about protecting Al Qaeda, and how many Afghanis are very aware of Al Qaeda, sort of as second citizens in their country.

My belief has always been this:

Al Qaeda and Osama were great friends of the Reagan administration, during the age where the growing Islamic revival groups were combatting communism in Afghanistan and throughout the Muslim world. Then, in 1991, when the USSR broke, the US found no reason to continue supporting the Mujahideen. And things hit fever pitch when the US, as a show that the Islamists were flushed out, parked a chunk of its military next door to Mecca. That's when Al Qaeda and the collective community of other self-proclaimed Mujahideen broke from the US and became their own entity.

Just my theory on all of this...
    Al Qaeda Doesn't Exist

"This world is a blank price tag, and whatever value you put on it, is what its worth to you. I have made this world priceless and worthless, so therefore I have placed my value in the afterlife."

An Original Quote from Dahir

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Peter Bergen, a CNN journalist known for conducting the first television interview with Osama bin Laden in 1997, refuted Cook's notion, stating on August 15 2006:
    The story about bin Laden and the CIA -- that the CIA funded bin Laden or trained bin Laden -- is simply a folk myth. There's no evidence of this. In fact, there are very few things that bin Laden, Ayman al-Zawahiri and the U.S. government agree on. They all agree that they didn't have a relationship in the 1980s. And they wouldn't have needed to. Bin Laden had his own money, he was anti-American and he was operating secretly and independently. The real story here is the CIA did not understand who Osama was until 1996, when they set up a unit to really start tracking him.
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapc...ers/index.html
    Al Qaeda Doesn't Exist

nurul3eyn's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I always beleived the whole al qaedah thing to be a propaganda just to degrade the muslims.
    There is no such thing as al qaeda or usama bin laden it's just another movie
    just like any other american movie.
    Al Qaeda Doesn't Exist

18. Report bad ads?
    Keltoi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

This forum never ceases to amaze me.
    Al Qaeda Doesn't Exist

"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is."

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

how about, once upon a time there lived three brothers in lands far apart.
    big brother was called cia the middle one was known as mosad and the little one's name was isi. Then one day a big bad ogre who was named commie took over isi's neighbour's house and little brother was so afraid of the ogre that he called in his older 2 brothers for help.

since the three brothers did not want to be seen attacking the ogre lest the ogre be provoked into unleashing his arsenal of deadly radiation, so the brothers decide to hire idiots from around the world to front the fight while themselves got down to destroying the monster.

after the defeat of the monster the idiots of the world thought wow we iz great, if can destroy that big monster we can defy the brothers too, not realising that it was the brothers who actually fought the commie.

to be continued ...
    Last edited by NoName55; 04-15-2007 at 08:19 AM.

DAWUD_adnan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Striving for Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Maybe the fact that they have posted on websites that they have existed, and claimed responsibility for many attacks long before 9/11.

Maybe that the financial records of their activity and recruiting in various places has been known long before 9/11.

Did you see the interviews of Osama Bin Laden by Peter Bergen?

How so, I am not insulting the poster. I am insulting the idea of the video.

they also claimed reponsibility for the spain bombings when it was clear that ETA was behind it....they said so them selves.
    Al Qaeda Doesn't Exist

[/SIGPIC1][SIGPIC]

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by DAWUD_adnan View Post
    [B]

they also claimed reponsibility for the spain bombings when it was clear that ETA was behind it....they said so them selves.
    How could ETA do it? They don't even exist.
    The IRA doesn't either.
    Come to think of it, I must not exist either.

Hashim_507's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Al qaeda group is a boogeyman for the western world; just to scare people on daily life.

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum View Post
    How could ETA do it? They don't even exist.
    The IRA doesn't either.
    Come to think of it, I must not exist either.
    ETA is a paramilitary Basque nationalist organization. ETA is classed as a terrorist group by the European Union,[1] the United States and the United Nations. ETA has committed approximately 900 killings and dozens of kidnappings. More than 500 ETA militants are held in prison in Spain and France.

IRA The Provisional IRA have killed more people than any other organisation since the Troubles began. In addition, they have killed more Roman Catholics, more Protestants, more civilians and more foreigners (those not from Northern Ireland) than any other organisation.

And I'm 100% sure that you exist.

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! Al Qaeda Doesn't Exist Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Al Qaeda Doesn't Exist