Natural's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thumbs up A good youtube video about covering/modesty for Muslims and Christians

Report bad ads?

As salaamu alaykum all,
    A friend just sent me this youtube link and I thought I would share. Be warned he starts out cynical, but keep watching and you will get his point, insha'Allah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H_5K1Mns40
    A good youtube video about covering/modesty for Muslims and Christians

It's all about being naturally you.
    Ya Ummati!!
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    ManchesterFolk's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Modesty to what extent?

To what extent is someone modest?

If a women covers her hair, the man will focus on her face. If a women covers her face then her eyes will still be beautiful.

The only solution is to cover every but of every woman. Even cover there voce someonehow because a man could get aroused?

To what point does a women have to be modest?
    chat Quote

Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Modesty to what extent?

This is a very interesting perspective. Modesty is a 2 way street. A man has the responsibility to honor and protect a woman's modesty.

How do we know when a woman wants us to protect her modesty? By the way she chooses to protect it.

No man has the right to order a woman to wear the hijab, Burkah or Niqaab. That has to be the woman's choice.

True there are countries where that is misused, but the vast majority of Muslim woman really do cover out of their own choice and not out of coercion.
    A good youtube video about covering/modesty for Muslims and Christians

Herman 1 - A good youtube video about covering/modesty for Muslims and Christians

chat Quote

Ghira's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by jamaaljad View Post

If a women covers her hair, the man will focus on her face. If a women covers her face then her eyes will still be beautiful.

The only solution is to cover every but of every woman. Even cover there voce someonehow because a man could get aroused?

I love modesty in my Muslim sisters. I respect that and I get very proud that I have Muslim sisters like are modest...they have haya... I really feel like that is a person who is truly part of the ummah of Rasouliallah (saw)....I would say that is the #1 attraction towards a potential spouse for many practicing Muslim brothers. It tells me a lot about the person. Some do fake it some have it naturally and it is hard to tell if they are a natural. Modesty is rare, safe, honorable, classy, pure, innocent, just simply amazing.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Umm Yoosuf's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Al-Athariyyah
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by ManchesterFolk View Post

To the extent Allah and His Messenger told us

And as Br Wood said:

Modesty is a 2 way street. A man has the responsibility to honor and protect a woman's modesty.
    The woman covers herself as Allah ordered her in the Quran and the Sunnah. She trys her best to imitate the way of the Sahabbiyat (women companion ). Likewise the man is a responsibility is to implement what Allah and His Messenger ordered him. He dresses as he has being ordered and behaviors as Allah commanded him. Dressing modestly for both the man and the woman is nothing more than a commandment from Allah. We hear and we obey, it doesn't necessarily have to do with sexuality and desire but if you want you want to look at the social benefits then yes. Dressing modestly stops a lot of evil But what stops the greater evil is having Tahweed in the heart, having Taqwah of Allah because once you have that then one is aware Allah is watching him and he will be accoutable for his sins.
    chat Quote

8. Hide
Hey there! A good youtube video about covering/modesty for Muslims and Christians Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. A good youtube video about covering/modesty for Muslims and Christians