× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 76 visibility 11472

Is Hijaab a TORTURE !!

WomanOfJihad's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Is Hijaab a TORTURE !!

Report bad ads?

just thought of posting a new Topic here ... Although ..this goes especially for the sisters, but inshAllah.. wud be more interesting if the brothers could contribute their opinions as well.. JazakAllah..

As we all can c . in todays day n world ... in our Areas , in our families , Friends, Colleges, Unis , etc .. U name it .. that the Majority of Sisters dnt do Hijaab .. wat i mean by hijaab .. is to cover themselves in such a way that no others would see the hair or the body .. and it is Obvious why the sisters dnt do Hijaab .. Some may nt do it because the parents dnt like it , some may not do it because they dnt realise the Importance of Hijaab , and others dnt do it because they want to b in the centre of attention ( most common) ... Allahu Alim

through my experience ... i ve seen sisters who dnt wear hijaab ... because they dnt realise the Importance of it.. they r more wrried abt wanting to look good so they can impress other pple .. ( Astaghfirullah) .. May Allah swt save us all from this Fitnah..
    Sisters dnt realise that we are soppsed to b protected coz we r precious ..but Pity we dnt REALISE how Valuable we are ...

Again i dnt blame them for wearing Hijaab.. coz its the environment theyve been brought up in.. All Westernised .. SubhanAllah .. but .. now that we all Understand what is Right n Wrong.. we shud know wat Allah swt wants us to do .. to gurad our modesty .. and not Expose it infront of the whole wrldd...

Sisters think HIJAB is a TORTURE ... WHY?? .. Simple coz they dnt want to look " DULL" according to the wrld .but Imagine HOw Happy u would make Allah swt .. SubhaNAllah.. but Pple are just too wried abt this Dunya .. this Wrld is Temporary .. WORRy abt the AAKHIRAH .. !!!!

THose who wear Hijab.. ask them how safe n Protected they feel.. they wud feel so safe n secured from the wrld ...

Thats abt it .. wud like other members to continure with this thread ....brothers n Sisters .. ur Opnions n views will be highly appreciated inshAlah..

* sorry if i have said anyfin wrong to offend any1 .. * JazakAllah
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Ummatee's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Is Hijaab a TORTURE !!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    subhanAlllah... feels so great looking at the jest you have for deen..May Allah make you more closer to HIM..Ameeennn..!!!
    Alhamdulillah You mentioned great stuff there sister...!! But this is for the sisters who are visiting the site and dont do hijaab..
    This is certainly not to provoke anybody or to offend anyone..MashAllah you just gota understand that Anyone who cares for the Prophet (s.a.w)'s words..the Qur'an and takes deen seriously and has the jazbah fr deen they will react the same as woman of jihad did..!! Woman of jihadd...you remind me of the sahabh Umar bin Al-khattab (r.a)... theur anger and their Jest for Islam .....was so Famous..MashAllah!! Anyways sisters the point is please dont be discouraged angry or disheatend...but jus keep on doing du'a to Alah subhanahu wata'ala...that HE increases all of us in deen n keep us steadfast...!!!

And as for thhose who are thnkn of convertng to islam frm experience...Praise be to Allah..I'd say one thing and final thing about HIJAAB...
    "The feeling that You get when you wear it...that feeling is like an angel of protection...That stays with you wherver
    you go..protects you from lustful gazes..discrimination...,and beautifies you in such a manner...Glory be to Allah..and
    BY ALLAH...You cant ever get that when you try any ohter costumes accross the world...than HIJAB" !!!
    SO this is itt...wear the smiles and have the intention...InshALlah We'd all get there ONE DAYYYY... wassalammm!!!
    chat Quote

Khaldun's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Alif Lam Mim.
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

brother A. Mukhtar news reached me that u were typing this very long and probably very beneficial reply but due to Allahs Qadr it got lost. hope u somehow can retype it inshAllah

mashAllah i agree sister with ur words, although I cant tell ppl how it feels to wear hijab (i am a brother :P ) what I can say is that, as ummatee sort of said....Hijab increases piety and not only that its a direct command from Allahu Subhanu Wa Tala, and whosever acts upon this command has fulfilled it and whosever leaves it has abdandond it.
    As for the appearance issue some ppl seem to have, Hijab is not put on to make one "look more beautiful" as some ppl wrongly believe, rather it is an act of safeguarding ones beauty. But one thing is certain, sisters wearing Hijab almost always radiat with a speciell kind of nur walhamdulilah!!
    chat Quote

Umm Yoosuf's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Al-Athariyyah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Masha Allah this is a very interesting post unfortunately I was here at the time it was posts, I hope you don’t mind me digging it up again. I agree with has been said. Just to add that the Hijaab is an obligation on the Muslim women. I met many born-Muslim sisters that don’t cover. Why? It’s quite simple because they don’t understand? I was having a discussion with a born Muslim sister, who wanted to start practising Islam Alhmdulilaah, she asked me question such as why do you cover? Aren’t you hot in that thing? How old are you? Like age matters. It broke my heart to see that all these questions are coming from a MUSLIMAH!

Three reason’s why sister don’t cover
    1) They are ignorant of the truth and so don’t understand
    2) Because of society and per-pressure from friends, family etc
    3) They recognise the truth yet they don’t follow it because their hearts is sealed.

Why care what society thinks? Why care what your friends think? Why care what your family say’s? Are they going to help you when you stand before the Ar-Rahmaan, ALLAH.

Do you not relies that ALLAH COMMANDS you yes the MUSLIM WOMAN to cover!
    Surely if you believe and witness La illaha ilalaah, that there is no God worthy of our worship expect Allah, you should understand and expect that He knows what’s best for you.

I’m not saying that it’s easy to observe that Hijaab. No it’s not as simple us that. I’m just saying it’s time we stopped making excuses and recognise the truth.

As for the Brother well what can I say? I’m no male but understand that brothers you can hide behind that crowd. All you have to do is put on pair of jeans and a cap and you look like these people. It’s as simple as that. Many brother’s do this these days, that I can no longer tell the differences between you and a non-Muslim.

Forgive me for my hursh words.

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    niqaabii's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

tru say sis
    veri interesting topic
    chat Quote

Noora_z3's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I difineitly dont think that Hijaab is a Torture, its a bless, here r some advantages of wearing Hijaab "Niqab in my case" derived from my own experiance in Malaysia. :sister:

1- U dont recive any cheap glances from the sides of the road
    2- Ppl realize that this girl is not an easy shot, so no one mess with a hijabi sis.
    3- it gives the impression that the person whos wearin it is a seriouse commited and desciplined woman.
    4- Recive lots of respect from brothers, such as many times brothers gave up their seats for us in a crowded bus.. .
    5- Some narrow minded ppl fear u..lol..thats an advanage for getting things done fast..
    6- the Hijab is a constant reminder that we r Muslims which keeps us always checking ourselves for limitations.
    7- and most importantly, the Reward Allah has written for us "Hijabi sisters", nothing...and nothing equals to that.
    Last edited by Noora_z3; 03-31-2005 at 06:08 PM.
    Is Hijaab a TORTURE !!

A Muslim Paradise is not a place of arrival, but a way of Travellin
    chat Quote

root's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Three reason’s why sister don’t cover
    1) They are ignorant of the truth and so don’t understand
    2) Because of society and per-pressure from friends, family etc
    3) They recognise the truth yet they don’t follow it because their hearts is sealed.
    I thought this post was very interesting.

Your words indeed were harsh, and please do not retaliate to my post with such harshness or I will simply fail to respond.

I think the Hijab is oppresive in a Western Society. This is based on a principle that one should be free to wear the Hijab, I think to say to a muslim in a free society that is trying to move towards multi-cultural that their obedience towards Allah is based on this. As this inevitably brings to bear a pressure to conform.

Our world is one of high technology that has brought about the acceleration of communication, indeed facial communication is of paramount importance.

Why care what society thinks? Why care what your friends think? Why care what your family say’s? Are they going to help you when you stand before the Ar-Rahmaan, ALLAH.
    I think one should care for the Society they happen to live in, for it breeds an opposite effect. Or are you asking non muslim's to accept arrogance from muslims as a point of faith! For I think it is wrong to ask this of society.

The obligatory wearing of the Hijab is only ever made applicable with Islamic States, and not Islamic Republics. of which their are non on this planet.
    Last edited by root; 03-31-2005 at 08:35 PM.
    chat Quote

S_87's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Maryams Mommy
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^^ so
    do you reckon its ok to walk around half naked?
    chat Quote

h1jabi_sista's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

this is a very intresting topic but it has to be handled carefully. personally i love my hijab and its become a part of me!! By the love of allah subhana watha allah it is and inshallah will never be a torture to me or any of the other hijabees!
    But something i find alot that happens is girls dont want to wear it because they 'are not ready.' And something i find difficult to do is to provide a suitable answer back. but i dont understand why? why are there so many excuses to do a simple act which allah subhana watha allah has said you must do.
    Sisters your absoulty right about the reasons why some girls may think its a torture but what can i and what can we do in order to change the way they think of this?
    it breaks my heart to see the hijab being misused because it is something which in itself is a beautiful thing but similarly it covers the beauty of a woman.

allah knows best
    Is Hijaab a TORTURE !!

:rose: A Rose Protects Its Beauty With Thorns, A Woman Protects Hers With A Veil
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    h1jabi_sista's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by amani
    ^^ so
    certainly not if i may say so myself
    Is Hijaab a TORTURE !!

:rose: A Rose Protects Its Beauty With Thorns, A Woman Protects Hers With A Veil
    chat Quote

WomanOfJihad's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i guess the Reason why the Sisters might say
    " i am not ready"
    is because they may have never thought of Wearing Hijaab .. nor they must have ever had the Intention to do hijaab .. but thats nt a very good example .. if they are not ready YET .. so WHEN are they going to be ready? .. we wudnt expect the Intention to cum Automatically.. WE HAVE to make the intention from our Hearts .. in order to Become ready ...
    its in this Western Society that the sisters have forgotten Hijaab .. i dnt blame them .. its the Environment and the company they were brought up in that never MADE them Realise the IMPORTANCE of covering .. since they were brought up in a non islamic Environment ..they have Adopted their Actions and sum may have adopted their beliefs as well..
    i.e. Hijaab Not IMPORTANT

Is Hijaab a TORTURE !!

The Prophet said, "Nobody who enters Paradise likes to go back to the world even if he got everything on the earth, except a Mujahid who wishes to return to the world so that he may be martyred ten times because of the dignity he receives (from Allah)."
    chat Quote

Genius's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

If people don't wear hijab it's their problem, you can tell them what the Quran says but ultimately its none of your business.

However a woman has every right to wear the hijab if she choose's to, i don't think its up to Root and people like him to decide whether it represents oppression or not, it is completely up to the person wearing it. People who believe the hijab is a symbol of oppression should keep schtum and let people dress the way they choose.
    chat Quote

*charisma*'s Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    #AlwaysInMyDuas
    I am a traveler, May Jannah be my home ameen
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Asalamu alaikum

I personally think that a muslimah should wear hijab when she is 100% ready to despite how long it will take for her to decide. The reason for this is because they need to be sure that once they wear it they wont have any doubts and soon decide to take it off. Also it is recommended that a girl strengthens her faith b4 she starts wearing hijab when it is time to do so. Praying and such will help strengthen the faith.

Reason i think some musilmahs dont wear it:
    1. they arent ready to
    2. may live in a dangerous environment so it could be of fear from the people
    3. arent religious

why i think they should wear it:
    1. Keeps you protected from perverted ppl>>rape, sexual assults, etc.
    2. Shows modesty
    3. Gives you more control over your body
    4. Less expensive meaning you could use your money on more important things rather than the top quality clothings.
    5. Brings postitive attention rather than negative attention from the opposite sex
    6. Its part of the religion to spread Islam, therefore you can be recognized as a muslimah.
    7. You're noticed more for your mind rather than your body.
    8. And lasty, because Allah said so and Allah knows best.

fi aman allah
    w'salaam
    Is Hijaab a TORTURE !!

D e a t h

is the easiest
    of all things after it
    ; ;

the hardest
    of all things before it
    chat Quote

SpaceFalcon2001's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I can't imagine it's hard to wear. I expect the only reason that a muslim woman would not wear her Hijaab would be that she simply doesn't care and is probbly very secularized.
    Is Hijaab a TORTURE !!

سلام
    الله اكبر
    لا إله إلا الله
    أمّة إسرائيل حيّه
    هذا أرضي و بلدي
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    Arwa's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I think nearly all muslimah's know for a fact that the hijaab is fard ...
    but what I don't get is .. although they know..why don't they wear it!?! :confused:

:'(
    chat Quote

*charisma*'s Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    #AlwaysInMyDuas
    I am a traveler, May Jannah be my home ameen
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

asalamu aliakum

haha arwa cant spell...fard hehe u ment hard right lol

well anywayz depending on where ur at i believe that it can be extremely hard at times
    especially where ppl are prejudice and racist. In the ME i must say it is very easy to wear it in my oppinion because you have ur fam and the support of everyone. but overall i dont think anyone should really think of wearing it for ppl but for themselves and allah.

w'salaam
    Is Hijaab a TORTURE !!

D e a t h

is the easiest
    of all things after it
    ; ;

the hardest
    of all things before it
    chat Quote

root's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

However a woman has every right to wear the hijab if she choose's to, i don't think its up to Root and people like him to decide whether it represents oppression or not, it is completely up to the person wearing it.
    Ok this is what you said in response to what I said.

I think the Hijab is oppresive in a Western Society. This is based on a principle that one should be free to wear the Hijab,
    What I am saying is that Muslim women should be free to wear the Hijab out of choice. And not imposed upon them or viewed by fellow muslims as a sign of non true muslim by non wearers of the hijab.

^^ so
    I struggle to understand why based on the question "Should a women cover her natural buety" has resulted in the non wearing of the hijab making you naked.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Abu Hasinah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*

haha arwa cant spell...fard hehe u ment hard right lol
    NO, i think she meant fardh as in Obligatory
    chat Quote

Brother_Mujahid's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    To infinity & beyond
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

*insert sami yusuf nasheed "the creator"....... Laa illaha illala laa illaha illaha la.......*
    Is Hijaab a TORTURE !!

Member of - LI's MTL™crew (Marriage thread lovers)-
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    S_87's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Maryams Mommy
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

yh arwa meant fardh

which hijab is

chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! Is Hijaab a TORTURE !! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Is Hijaab a TORTURE !!