star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

When do u know when to stop..

Report bad ads?

i hope u r all well inshallah. i know that shopping for clothes, accesories and the things u like should be done in moderation. we should buy things that we like and enjoy, but to what extent should i shop?.recently i have been buying alot of jewellery/ accessories etc , but i was thinkin if i am spending too much. am i wasting money? i was thinkin instead to do something more beneficial with it, i.e. should i give money to charity .

How much should we spend on ourselves which wil not go over the limits and not anger Allah Tala.When do u know when to stop shopping? as we know that shopping alot can lead to being selfish.should i continue the way i am

Please advise.....
    Jazakallah Khair
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: When do u know when to stop..

I think umar r.a. ( a caliphate) wore one outfit that had hole patches on it. We are greedy and want 50 different outfits, one for each day. It's like how much land do you need? All you need is 6ft (to burry you) and yet we kill and steal to get more.

Think of how many outfits you have, how often do you wear them? how long have they been sitting unworn? How often do you get new ones and old ones are out of style for you?

same with jewelry, how much of it do you actually wear ?

Do you also give zakat on all this?

Allah likes you to show the blessing you have but he doesn't like extravagance. When you compare yourself to your peers and rich folks, compare yourself to the poor as well. And then see where you stand.
    chat Quote

jannat's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

JZK, for that but, we live in society , not just influenced by the west but also the east, its like necessary to wear something matching with each outfit, Like the same colour jewellery as the outfit. And sometimes it can be hard as a woman to say no to beautiful pieces of cloth and jewellery.
    i have realised that sometimes when we want something and then get it, it does not feel the same. its not great afta all. i guess we can all fall into the trap of loving the dunya, which is not our Final Destination!
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by jannat View Post
    JZK, for that but, we live in society , not just influenced by the west but also the east, its like necessary to wear something matching with each outfit, Like the same colour jewellery as the outfit. And sometimes it can be hard as a woman to say no to beautiful pieces of cloth and jewellery.
    i have realised that sometimes when we want something and then get it, it does not feel the same. its not great afta all. i guess we can all fall into the trap of loving the dunya, which is not our Final Destination!
    when you have social parties and social gatherings and friends who care nothing but about shiny things and social status, then you'll have 50 suits, 30 pounds of jewelry and 200 shoe pairs. One you dress humbly and modestly, then you won't have big friend circles and only those who are not shallow and care if you wear the same suit in one week.

so the question is, are you a follower or a leader?

followers follow others like blinds, and leaders carve their own path.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Encolpius's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Arrow Re: When do u know when to stop..

format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama View Post
    when you have social parties and social gatherings and friends who care nothing but about shiny things and social status, then you'll have 50 suits, 30 pounds of jewelry and 200 shoe pairs. One you dress humbly and modestly, then you won't have big friend circles and only those who are not shallow and care if you wear the same suit in one week.

so the question is, are you a follower or a leader?

followers follow others like blinds, and leaders carve their own path.
    When you have social parties and social gatherings and friends who care nothing but about how you dress and not about you as a person, it's time to find some new friends.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Encolpius View Post
    When you have social parties and social gatherings and friends who care nothing but about how you dress and not about you as a person, it's time to find some new friends.
    exactly!
    chat Quote

00:00's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

When do u know when to stop shopping?
    When you got nothing more to spend.
    chat Quote

Kittygyal's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salamualikum.
    ^ Lol. but then you won't have enough money for food etc etc.

anywho to your questions i would sincerly ask myself these few questions:-

1. what do we buy?
    2. why do we buy them?
    3. think about the poor....
    4. how much of that % can take us to Hajj/Umrah?
    5. can we give to charity? OR are we giving enough to charity?

There are more questions i can go on and on forever but i will leave them to you, but these were some ideas we need tot hink about.

I know many ladies/Teens/youngsters like myself *Looks down in embarrassment* loves to go shopping and waste the money, but is it really worth it after all i mean yeah go shopping 'oh them jeans look sick' pick them up put them in trolly and gets soo much iteams pay and then bounce. Times comes we have them left behind wordrobe at the back of bed... just not worth it. I know am saying all this and acting like a big fish and that but at times i think to myself i can save up all this much money and give it to poor.

I feel bad at times, but what one do? Well in my opinion one should make there self at home more action doing like recite the Qura'an more and make ya self busy, maybe call your friends and have an islamic talk etc etc

allah hu alim.

Ma'assalama
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i hope u r all well inshallah. i know that shopping for clothes, accesories and the things u like should be done in moderation. we should buy things that we like and enjoy, but to what extent should i shop?.recently i have been buying alot of jewellery/ accessories etc , but i was thinkin if i am spending too much. am i wasting money? i was thinkin instead to do something more beneficial with it, i.e. should i give money to charity .

How much should we spend on ourselves which wil not go over the limits and not anger Allah Tala.When do u know when to stop shopping? as we know that shopping alot can lead to being selfish.should i continue the way i am

Please advise.....
    Jazakallah Khair

Put some money into cancer research and other diseases which the people of your country can benefit. I donate to cancer research, you're saving lives of other people. Surely God would be pleased with that...
    I wouldn't send money to charities to help 3rd world countries such as Zimbabwe or Ethiopia alike. It goes nowhere. The government already gives a huge wad of our money to them, then there's the comic relief that they get every year.

But if you want to treat yourself with clothing, then why not? You earn it...
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Encolpius's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Arrow Re: When do u know when to stop..

format_quote Originally Posted by England View Post
    Put some money into cancer research and other diseases which the people of your country can benefit. I donate to cancer research, you're saving lives of other people. Surely God would be pleased with that...
    I wouldn't send money to charities to help 3rd world countries such as Zimbabwe or Ethiopia alike. It goes nowhere. The government already gives a huge wad of our money to them, then there's the comic relief that they get every year.

But if you want to treat yourself with clothing, then why not? You earn it...
    In addition, in some of these places, the aid ends up being embezzled by corrupt governmental types or local warlords. It's no coincident that President Mobutu's wealth almost exactly matched the external debt of Zaire...

REMEMBER THESE NUMBERS.

09-F9-11-02-9D-74-E3-5B-D8-41-56-C5-63-56-88-C0

45-5F-E1-04-22-CA-29-C4-93-3F-95-05-2B-79-2A-B2

chat Quote

Muezzin's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Bat-Mod
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

As potentially entertaining it might be to sit here and justify stinginess when it comes to the third world, it doesn't really have anything to do with the first post.

Just nipping it in the bud.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

[QUOTE=England;744005]Put some money into cancer research and other diseases which the people of your country can benefit. I donate to cancer research, you're saving lives of other people. Surely God would be pleased with that...

But if you want to treat yourself with clothing, then why not? You earn it...[/QUOTE]

Greetings England Blud.
    Hope your in the best health and hope your sister is okay aswel

Anywho, i just quoted you on your last statement because as a muslim one should take it easy with money and not waste money that much because people nowadays go crazy in shops even when they got that iteam they want more and more, like they say 'Money don't come floating donw river'. I would say instead of buying all the Jeans/Trackeys/Gawns/skirts give it to poor or use it in a sensible manner like go to Hajj/Umrah *Muslims*

I am talking from my own personal point of veiw because i go hectic when i go a shop buy jeans,jeans, dresses etc etc... oh don't forget CAT,,DOG,PARROT,Hamsters food lol

I would say use omeny wisely but at same time when there is a need to buy clothes yes your right you earn it but where did all this money come from in first place ofcourse GOD *Allah*

anywho over and out.

Take care
    chat Quote

Umar001's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

When it comes to attr some of us just gotta keep spending, whooohooo Itr/Atr/Perfume is amazing!!

nothing better then fresh wudhu and an amazing sweet fragrance following you around.

The path is long but I hope we meet,
    After the grave and the Day, in paradise in bliss upon a reclined seat.

A traveler traveling - travelled from shirk to tawheed,
    If I'm remembered for anything - let it be the Mercy I seek.

Your Bro. Abu Hurayra, al-Habeshi
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

attr is too expensive man.
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salamualikum.
    ^ Thats the point if it's expensive then atleast a person can buy one then save the rest of dosh for later on in life for more Itr eh?
    ma'assalama
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin View Post
    As potentially entertaining it might be to sit here and justify stinginess when it comes to the third world, it doesn't really have anything to do with the first post.

Just nipping it in the bud.
    It does actually. He/She was talking about giving money to the charity. I was explaining that it's a great idea to give money to charities which help combat diseases such as cancer, but I don't think it would be wise to give money to charities to aid 3rd world countries as it goes nowhere. I don't even give money to them on comic relief. It'll only go to the likes of Mugabe, weapons etc.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

but I don't think it would be wise to give money to charities to aid 3rd world countries as it goes nowhere.
    How do you know?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by 00:00 View Post
    How do you know?
    Do you know anything about Mugabe? Where do you think he gets all of his wealth from. Why do you think he's so rich and healthy yet at the same time his people are dying from diseases, hunger, poverty etc?

Giving money to these charities is a waste. I don't even bother. So many years of charity funds to these African countries yet little progress if any..
    chat Quote

jannat's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

jazakallah 4 ur advice, i agree that charity should be encouraged, as the prophet and Allah tala certainly like those who help the needy, orphans, give zakat/ sadqah.
    where would u ppl draw the line though, we live in a consumer society, we are always buying. if u like somefin you should buy it right? but what if u like lots of things, there is just too many choices.
    All these choices make us want the dunya more!
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

jazakallah 4 ur advice, i agree that charity should be encouraged, as the prophet and Allah tala certainly like those who help the needy, orphans, give zakat/ sadqah.
    where would u ppl draw the line though, we live in a consumer society, we are always buying. if u like somefin you should buy it right? but what if u like lots of things, there is just too many choices.
    All these choices make us want the dunya more!
    Why don't you treat yourself once a week? Buy something you like one week then stop. A week later buy the next thing you like?
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! When do u know when to stop.. Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. When do u know when to stop..