× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 5 of 5 visibility 1782

How should you react???

tomtomsmom's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

How should you react???

Report bad ads?

This is a hypothetical question. If a muslim was doing something they shouldn't(listening to music) and another muslim says that they shouldn't do that cause it is harram but the one who says that is doin stuff way worse (having sex before married) how should you react. Would you say to the other that they are worse? Grin and bear it? what?
    How should you react???

"The only thing neccesary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." - E. Burke

"We have just enough religion to hate but not enough to love one another" -Jonathan Swift
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    00:00's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: How should you react???

good question.

no, cuz that wont help. saying oh ur worse than me, and who thnk u r giving advice me to me. WONT HELP.

Should use that moment to guide the brother. help each other out, say you'll stop listening to music, and inshallah that will encourage to stop committing zina with other women
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You shouldn't really say that i'm better than you since that is looking down on people, and only Allaah knows who is better. So we leave that upto Allaah. Looking down on people can also be a form of arrogance.

'Abdullah ibn Mas'ud reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "No one who has an atom's weight of pride in his heart will enter the Garden."

A man said, "And if the man likes his clothes to be good and his sandals to be good?" He said, "Allah is Beautiful and loves beauty. Pride means to renounce the truth and abase (look down on) people." [Sahih Muslim]

The best thing to do is to stop/forbid the evil act anyway, even if you do sins. Since all of the children of Adam sin, but the best of sinners are those that repent.

If they insult you by saying you do worser sins, then that is also a reality check for the person who is enjoining the good/forbidding the evil to do the permissible instead of doing the forbidden.

And Allaah knows best.
    | Likes noraina liked this post
    chat Quote

ummzayd's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

salaam/peace

I would say, either the Muslim listening to music disagrees about it being haram, in which case they can exchange daleel (evidence). If neither is convinced by the other's argument they must amicably agree to differ. It is probably better to treat it as a separate issue, because surely we are all sinners and yet we can still advise each other? (to be honest the situation you describe would bother me but sometimes we have to put our feelings aside).

Is the person who is having sex before marriage open about it? If so it should be easy to give them advice and urge them to repent & stop sinning - there is no difference of opinion about whether fornication is haram or not!

however if this is not openly spoken about or admitted then you (or whoever) need to be very careful because in Islam it is forbidden to accuse someone of fornication or mention this unless there are witnesses to the actual act (not just seeing someone 'canoodling' or hearing noises through the wall etc.).

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    HBot 5000's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by tomtomsmom View Post
    This is a hypothetical question. If a muslim was doing something they shouldn't(listening to music) and another muslim says that they shouldn't do that cause it is harram but the one who says that is doin stuff way worse (having sex before married) how should you react. Would you say to the other that they are worse? Grin and bear it? what?

Just say Jazakhallah khair for your advice. Brother now that you have given me some perhaps i can offer you some etc

Oh yeah and i have read many fatwa regarding music and i am yet to be convinced it is haraam.

How should you react???

Knowledge seeker
    chat Quote

8. Hide
Hey there! How should you react??? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. How should you react???