× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 124 visibility 13412

Weekly Theme

highway_trekker's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Weekly Theme

Report bad ads?

Assalaamu-alaykum wa rahmatullaah,

As a continuation from my earlier thread, ‘What am I Going to Do?’ I thought it would be beneficial to set a weekly theme for the next 6 weeks of the summer break. This will Inshaa’Allaah ensure that those of us who need a focus throughout the summer will have one ready at hand.

The aim of the thread is for users to post as many things as possible related to the week’s theme. This can include short articles from authentic sources, poems, quotes, real life stories and exemplary stories from the past and present or any other related items.

The target is then to apply this theme throughout the week in our personal and social dealings, for individual development and progression in the Deen. It is hoped that those of us who use the forum for benefit will do so through the posts of other users. Inshaa’Allaah, others can benefit from the reward of offering advice and support to those who need it.

Inshaa’Allaah, those who have any ideas about further themes can suggest them perhaps through PMs.

Jazaak’Allaahu Khayran in advance to all those who contribute to this thread.

Summer Holidays Week 1
    Theme: Patience (Sabr)
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Weekly Theme

Inshaa'Allaah I will start with some powerful ayaat related to patience...

"Seek Allaah's help with patient perseverance and prayer. It is indeed hard except for the (khaashioon) true believers." (2:45)

"Oh you who believe! Seek help with patient perseverance and prayer, for Allaah is with those who patiently persevere." (2:153)

"Be sure We shall test you with something of fear and hunger, some loss in goods, lives, and the fruits of your toil. But give glad tidings to those who patiently persevere. Those who say, when afflicted with calamity, 'To Allaah we belong, and to Him is our return.' They are those on whom descend blessings from their Lord, and mercy. They are the ones who receive guidance." (2:155-157)

Oh you who believe! Persevere in patience and constancy. Vie in such perseverance, strengthen each other, and be pious, that you may prosper."
    (3:200)

"And be steadfast in patience, for verily Allaah will not suffer the reward of the righteous to perish." (11:115)

"Be patient, for your patience is with the help of Allaah." (16:127)

"Patiently, then, persevere - for the Promise of Allaah is true, and ask forgiveness for your faults, and celebrate the praises of your Lord in the evening and in the morning." (40:55)

"No one will be granted such goodness except those who exercise patience and self-restraint, none but persons of the greatest good fortune." (41:35)

"Verily man is in loss, except such as have faith, and do righteous deeds, and join together in the mutual enjoining of truth, and of patience and constancy." (103:2-3)

"Verily, with every difficulty there is relief.
    Verily, with every difficulty there is relief."
    (94:5-6)
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

A nice poem..

Patience is a virtue I'll try to explain
    A blessing in disguise always to remain

From very deep inside the well of my heart
    Peace of body and mind and the will to start

I'm summoned by a call at the dawn of the day
    Just giving thanks to Him as I kneel to pray

Endurance is my counsel and faith my guide
    The door is open to the struggle inside

With knowledge of certainty, I now can see
    The reality of truth, plain as can be

It is charity that gives meaning to life
    From the love of my caring in times of strife

Piety and wisdom help me through the day
    But always I will return to kneel and pray

For it is patience, the essence of my goal
    That enlightens and gives meaning to my soul.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

And a story...

The Shipwreck

The only survivor of a shipwreck was washed up on a small, uninhabited island ....

He prayed feverishly for Allah to rescue him,and every day he scanned the horizon for help, but none seemed forthcoming.

Exhausted, he eventually managed to build a little hut out of driftwood to protect him from the elements and to store his few possessions.

But then one day, after scavenging for food,he arrived home to find his little hut in flames, the smoke rolling up to the sky. The worst had happened;everything was lost. He was stunned with grief and anger.

"Allah, how could you do this to me!" he cried.
    (Comment; Plenty of people use such statement --- think again you should never qestion Allah nor object to his willing)

Early the next day, however, he was awakened by the sound of a ship that was approaching the island. It had come to rescue him.

"How did you know I was here?" asked the weary man of his rescuers. "We saw your smoke signal," they replied.

It is easy to get discouraged when things are going badly.

But we shouldn't lose heart, because Allah is at work in our lives, even in the midst of pain and suffering.

Remember, next time your little hut is burning to the ground--it just may be a smoke signal that summons The Grace of Allah.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

At times I find it hard to breath

The air seems trapped deep within my chest

A sorrowful feeling falls over me

A thick blanket that fails to warm me

It’s a feeling so strange

So hard to explain

Like a knot in my heart

That tightens around me

Yet amidst all the sorrow

There’s a feeling of hope

A feeling that burrows

Deep within me

Attempting to surface

To push away the pain

Like a friend, a companion

Someone who cares

It’s a feeling of peace

Like a voice, yet silent

Whispering in to my ear

Trying to provide a little comfort

Among the confusion and pain

It calls to me

To have some hope

Put my trust in it

Let my worries fade

All I need do is let myself go

Let go and all freely

I know it will catch me

In this I must have faith

This feeling, this friend

Whose love I cannot comprehend

Will be my candle

When I’m alone in the dark

I need only trust it

Reach out to touch it

Let it grasp my arm

When I reach out with my hand

This feeling of hope

Has only one source

That source is Allah

The gracious

The true.

"And verily after every hardship comes ease, verily after every hardship comes ease"

Have patience my brother...the time will come...
    chat Quote

Star's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

ukhtee,

great thread, particularly liked the short story, good moral,

anyway, keep up the good work, may allah reward you for your efforts,

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

[I][CENTER][CENTER]Abridgement of his original work entitled, “Uddat as-Sâbireen wa Dhâkirat" [The Definition of Patience]

By Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah

Sabr is an Arabic word which comes from a root meaning to detain, refrain and stop. There is an expression in Arabic, "so-and-so was killed sabran," which means that he was captured and detained until he died. In the spiritual sense, patience means to stop ourselves from despairing and panicking, to stop our tongues from complaining, and to stop our hands from striking our faces and tearing our clothes at times of grief and stress.

WHAT THE SCHOLARS HAVE SAID ABOUT PATIENCE

Some scholars have defined patience as a good human characteristic or a positive psychological attitude, by virtue of which we refrain from doing that which is not good. Human beings cannot live a proper, healthy life without patience.

Abu 'Uthman said: "the one who has patience is the one who has trained himself to handle difficulties."

'Amr ibn 'Uthman al-Makki said: "Patience means to keep close to Allah and to accept calmly the trials He sends, without complaining or feeling sad."

Al-Khawwas said: "Patience means to adhere to the rules of the Qur'an and Sunnah."

Another scholar said: "Patience means to refrain from complaining."

'Ali ibn Abi Talib said: "Patience means to seek Allah's help."

IS IT BETTER TO HAVE PATIENCE AT A TIME OF DIFFICULTY OR TO BE IN A SITUATION WHICH DOES NOT REQUIRE PATIENCE?

Abu Muhammad al-Hariri said:

"Patience means not seeing any difference between times of ease and times of hardship, and being content at all times."

I (Ibn Qayyim) say:

" This is too difficult, and we are not instructed to be like this. Allah has created us in such a way that we feel the difference between times of ease and times of hardship, and all that we can do is refrain from panicking at times of stress.

Patience does not mean feeling the same at both easy and difficult times. That is beyond us, and is not part of our nature. Having an easy time is better for us than having a difficult time. As the Prophet (Sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said in his well-known du'a: "If You are not angry with me, then I do not care what happens to me, but still I would rather have Your blessings and favour." This does not contradict the hadith which says, "No-one has ever been given a better gift than patience," because that refers to after a test or trial has befallen a person. But ease is still better."
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The patience of a father at the loss of his son, the patience of a son over the absence of his father, the patience of a prisoner at the accusations of the people, the patience of a noble man in meeting in his loved ones again, the patience of a prophet in forgiving those who wronged him...

Let us not forget the best example of patience...

http://www.angelfire.com/on/ummiby1/yusuf1.html
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Developing patience in being mindful of the company that you keep...

`Umar Ibn Al-khattab - "Mix With Those Who Have Patience For Their Hearts Are The Softest"
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    *~Sofia~*'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

sis

i must say this is a wiked post im loving the idea of the weekly theme already..reallly gud idea

inshallah i'll be contributing too..wen i find sum suitable stuff related to the weekly topic!

once again great thread..u'll be gettin a rep from me

wasalam x
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ Jazaakillahu khayr ukhtee Sophia...I look forward for your posts...May Allaah reward you.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^^ aww jazakallah khayr.. may Allah (swt) reward u for all ur great efforts too.. coz they are brill
    chat Quote

chand's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Patience in Islam is one of the best and most valuable virtues of life. Through patience, a Muslim believes that an individual can grow closer to God and thus attain true peace. It is also stressed in Islam, that God is with those who are patient, more specifically during suffering.

Some of the verses about patience

"Seek Allah's help with patient perseverance and prayer. It is indeed hard except for those who are humble." (2:45)

"Oh you who believe! Seek help with patient perseverance and prayer, for God is with those who patiently persevere." (2:153)

"Be sure We shall test you with something of fear and hunger, some loss in goods, lives, and the fruits of your toil.

"But give glad tidings to those who patiently persevere. Those who say, when afflicted with calamity, 'To Allah we belong, and to Him is our return.' They are those on whom descend blessings from their Lord, and mercy. They are the ones who receive guidance." (2:155-157)

"Oh you who believe! Persevere in patience and constancy. Vie in such perseverance, strengthen each other, and be pious, that you may prosper." (3:200)

"And be steadfast in patience, for verily Allah will not suffer the reward of the righteous to perish." (11:115)

"Be patient, for your patience is with the help of Allah." (16:127)

"Patiently, then, persevere - for the Promise of Allah is true, and ask forgiveness for your faults, and celebrate the praises of your Lord in the evening and in the morning." (40:55)

"No one will be granted such goodness except those who exercise patience and self-restraint, none but persons of the greatest good fortune." (41:35)

"Verily man is in loss, except such as have faith, and do righteous deeds, and join together in the mutual enjoining of truth, and of patience and constancy." (103:2-3)

"It is not righteousness that you turn your faces towards East or West. But it is righteousness to believe in Allah and the Last Day, And the Angels, and the Book, and the Messengers; To spend of your substance, out of love for Him, For your kin, for orphans, for the needy, for the wayfarer, for those who ask, and for the ransom of slaves; To be steadfast in prayer And give in charity; To fulfill the contracts which you have made; And to be firm and patient, in pain and adversity And throughout all periods of panic. Such are the people of truth, the God-fearing. Qur'an 2:177

Through every difficulty there is relief. Verily, through every difficulty there is relief. Qur'an 94:5-6

Through every difficulty, God promises, there will be found relief upon it's conclusion. Instead of wanting to skip challenging times, and avoid them, God is teaching that the way to the easing, is THROUGH, the difficulty. It takes Patient Perseverance, or enduring with a good spirit still in tact, in order to reap both the internal and external rewards of struggle.

The Muslim faith believes that without a good spirit while enduring, the struggle will not bear its full reward, thus, Patiently persevering, striving and going forward, despite the difficulty, is the pinnacle of behavior during challenging times.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The Muslim faith believes that without a good spirit while enduring, the struggle will not bear its full reward, thus, Patiently persevering, striving and going forward, despite the difficulty, is the pinnacle of behavior during challenging times.
    Jazaakillaahu khayr ukhtee Chand :-)
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

some sayings on patience....

Mujâhid said: “Beautiful patience is patience without any panic.” ‘Amr ibn Qays said: “Beautiful patience means to be content with adversity and to surrender to the will of Allâh.”

Yûnus ibn Yazîd said: I asked Rabî‘ah ibn Abu ‘Abdur-Rahmân: “What is the ultimate of patience?” He said: “To be outwardly the same at the time of affliction as one was the day before it struck.” (This does not mean that a person does not or should not feel pain or anguish; patience in this instance means that one refrains from panicking and complaining.)

"Whoever tries to be patient, Allah will make him patient. And nobody can be given a better and greater gift than patience."(Bukhari: Volume 2, Book 24, No. 548)

Omar ibn Al Khattab said: "Whatever hardship befalls a believing servant, Allah will make an opening for him after it, and one hardship will be overcome by two eases." (Malik Muwatta Book 21, No. 21.1.6)

Commenting on the meaning of Sabrun Jamîl, i.e, beautiful patience, in the verse : "So be patient with a good (i.e, beautiful) patience." (Quran Ma'aarij 70:5) Qays ibn al-Hajjâj said: “The person who is suffering from some affliction should behave in such a way that nobody is able to distinguish him from others” (Ibn Qayyim)

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Jazaakillaahu khayr ukhtee Star :-)
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Omar ibn Al Khattab said: "Whatever hardship befalls a believing servant, Allah will make an opening for him after it, and one hardship will be overcome by two eases." (Malik Muwatta Book 21, No. 21.1.6)
    Just beautiful...
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Lyrics of a nasheed ‘ashkoo ila allah’ {I confide in allah} by mahmoud khidr

the translation is beautiful so i thougth id share with you guyz....

I confide to Allah the hardships ** And my tears flow
    And I persevere with beautiful patience ** And how wise the fate of life is

And I submit what is difficult and stubborn ** To the curing of the unseen
    And I submit what is difficult and stubborn ** To the curing of the unseen
    Trusting and faithful in He.. ** ..whose mercies revive the hearts
    Trusting and faithful in He.. ** ..whose mercies revive the hearts

And if his secret takes an honourable presence in his Servant he achieves enlightenment
    And if his secret takes an honourable presence in his Servant he achieves enlightenment
    ..he bars the way in front of Time ** and stands in the face of Dangers
    ..he bars the way in front of Time ** and stands in the face of Dangers

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Just beautiful subhana'Allaah...

jazaakillaahu khayran

Lol ukhtee Star, that was a super fast translation *winks*
    Hmm...if only we were as fast at doing cswk *winks*
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

sister, fund sumthing on patience..enjoy

Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri (May Allah be pleased with him) reported that: Certain people of the Ansar asked the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) and he gave them; then they again asked him and he gave them until all what he possessed was exhausted. Then the Prophet (PBUH) said,

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]"Whatever wealth I have, I will not withhold from you. Whosoever would be chaste and modest; Allah will keep him chaste and modest and whosoever would seek self-sufficiency, Allah will make him self-sufficient; and whosoever would be patient, Allah will give him patience, and no one is granted a gift better and more comprehensive than patience".[/COLOR]

[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! Weekly Theme Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Weekly Theme