star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Unhappy I Do Or I Dont

Report bad ads?

Firstly I'm not sure where I should have posted this....but Inshallah I hope itz ok...

Well I'm just wondering....a friend of mine...a non muslim...a male...is thinkin about becomin a muslim and maybe to be with me...apart from the haram side of maybe being a friend of hiz...(bearin in mind i was a catholic)...

Im wondering in Islam do we have to marry for love...or Islam..should we love first....etc...I dont wanna risk not ever bein married so i dont know what to do!
    Last edited by ZOREENA; 08-10-2007 at 05:02 PM.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Tania's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: I Do Or I Dont

You should leave a little the time to pass and your feelings to clear up. :sunny:
    chat Quote

ZOREENA's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Im not sure what u mean...but I dont know what im feelin or what im gonna do...wood i be lettn him down...
    chat Quote

chaste's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by ZOREENA View Post
    Firstly I'm not sure where I should have posted this....but Inshallah I hope itz ok...

Well I'm just wondering....a friend of mine...a non muslim...a male...is thinkin about becomin a muslim and maybe to be with me...apart from the haram side of maybe being a friend of hiz...(bearin in mind i was a catholic)...im wondering do we have to marry for love...or Islam..should we love first....etc...I dont wanna risk not ever bein married so i dont know what to do!
    to my knowledge you are not suppose to be even talking to him. i don't know try to get some pious knowledgable ppl to help him and you. if Allah wills what ever happens, happens for the best. just pray and guard yourself as shaytan is always trying to mislead us. InshaAllah you will get married and get married to a muslim person.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Yes sister...I know i shouldn't, but because of being a catholic and being a revert...i havnt 100% cut off everything....but I dont know whether I should be looking for love or just a husband??
    chat Quote

chaste's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by ZOREENA View Post
    Yes sister...I know i shouldn't, but because of being a catholic and being a revert...i havnt 100% cut off everything....but I dont know whether I should be looking for love or just a husband??
    sister try and focus yourself in Islam now try to understand what Islam is about, try and pray to get closer to Allah. you will see everything will fall in to place. accept Islam as it is your life. do not be trying to look for love that's what shaytan wants. seek advice from imams? you probably want to hear it's ok, but if you start doing something which is against Islam how will that make you a stronger muslim?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

There are no imams to talk to...in Belfast wer lucki to have a mosque..there is no one to talk to..therez no proper facilitiez...

I'm reali stuck...I just need to know if women get married evn tho they dont love...
    chat Quote

Medina83's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

SubhanAllah hi sis Zoreena!!!!

You are the first other muslima i have seen on this forum from Ireland..(I'm in Dublin and I know Belfast is UK but still you got the shamrock thing going on there!!!! I was catholic before aswell...

Hiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!

For your question...my opinion.....

1. Pray Istikhara
    2. Don't get involved with him unless he becomes Muslim (but only if its for sake of Allah..not just to be with you...sorry if thats harsh :X )
    3. Let him settle into Islam for a while to understand his role/responsibility
    4. Marry only if you feel you could love him one day inshaAllah...(if you don't already love him)

Don't marry out of fear you will never find another husband...remember Allah swt provides for all the believers...Trust Him!!
    chat Quote

Tania's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You should marry only when you find a man which to be more for you like a friend. Don't marry only because you have to marry. Go for "love"
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Medina83 View Post
    SubhanAllah hi sis Zoreena!!!!

You are the first other muslima i have seen on this forum from Ireland..(I'm in Dublin and I know Belfast is UK but still you got the shamrock thing going on there!!!! I was catholic before aswell...

Hiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!

For your question...my opinion.....

1. Pray Istikhara
    2. Don't get involved with him unless he becomes Muslim (but only if its for sake of Allah..not just to be with you...sorry if thats harsh :X )
    3. Let him settle into Islam for a while to understand his role/responsibility
    4. Marry only if you feel you could love him one day inshaAllah...(if you don't already love him)

Don't marry out of fear you will never find another husband...remember Allah swt provides for all the believers...Trust Him!!
    Salaam Sis

Ur a leprechaun like me....lol..well i consider up here the same as down there and maybe we can be one...one day lol...private mail me if u can...reali...there isnt enuff irish ppl about...

I dont love him....but im wondering if Allah has sent him...do u know what I mean....aghhhhhhhhhhh....dont know if what my role is here...
    Last edited by ZOREENA; 08-17-2007 at 11:02 AM.
    chat Quote

IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

marry the one your inclined towards as long as his a muslim who you feel will help you reach jannah (this means he is willing to understand and act upon islam)

all the best sis !!
    I Do Or I Dont

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -
    chat Quote

15. Hide
Hey there! I Do Or I Dont Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. I Do Or I Dont