× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 13 of 13 visibility 3747

For the knowledge seeker.

Ummu Sufyaan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    is in need of dua
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

i am wondering what it is your advice, brothers and sisters, for someone who seeks knowledge. what i mean is, is that both the male and female seeker of knowledge may have trouble seeking knowledge, or atleast setting thier own timetable to seek knowledge. As for the sister, she will most likely to get married and have kids, therefore she will be looking after her husband, the house, and their kids. And as for the brother, chances will be that he will have a 9-5 job, which means he would have to get up early to prepare to go to work, and by the time he gets back from work, he will be too tired.

so, how do the brothers and sisters who want to seek knowledge do so, when they have such responsibilities??

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    YusufNoor's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Anathema
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: For the knowledge seeker.

format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11 View Post

i am wondering what it is your advice, brothers and sisters, for someone who seeks knowledge. what i mean is, is that both the male and female seeker of knowledge may have trouble seeking knowledge, or atleast setting thier own timetable to seek knowledge. As for the sister, she will most likely to get married and have kids, therefore she will be looking after her husband, the house, and their kids. And as for the brother, chances will be that he will have a 9-5 job, which means he would have to get up early to prepare to go to work, and by the time he gets back from work, he will be too tired.

so, how do the brothers and sisters who want to seek knowledge do so, when they have such responsibilities??

you can work 7a-5p and still have time to seek knowledge, even if you take the time to attend all 5 prayers at the Masjid! [i'm speaking from experience here, PLUS i have a new wife that requires attention!]

step 1, give up TV!! only use your TV to watch Islamic videos.

step 2, cds, give up your nasheeds or anything else and use the cd player to listen to some lectures. i have been listening to Mufti Ismail Menk for almost a year now, he's awesome! he gives lectures after Taraweeh that are simply outstanding. his Reasons of Revelation, based upon Asbab Un Nazool, is phenomenal! everyone who listens to it wants to get a copy. he always does some Tafseer and his English is excellant and his Arabic is VERY, VERY melodic. he is probably a Shafiite, but don't let that stop you, he is simply quite an inspiring speaker!

at times, you can get his stuff here:
    http://www.simplyislam.com/iteminfo.asp?item=56660

but, this is the site of the company that make his stufff:
    http://www.parexcellence.co.za/

step 3, ask you local Imam or Alims for recommendations of Tafseer in book form such as Ibn Kathir or the Mara'aful Qur'an.

step 4, read Seerah! anything that you can get your hands on, plus there is some stuff on the web, Qatadar posted this site last year:
    http://www.pleasantviewschool.com/me...t%20%28pbuh%29

the site also has other Islamic history on it that is done really well.

step 5, don't spend so much time in forums!

basically, give up "crap" that doesn't improve your deen! make seeking knowledge your full time occupation.

if you get married, only marry someone who get all the things that you need to accomplish the above!
    [my wife agrees with all of this! ]

just some thoughts...

Had the non-believer known of all the Mercy which is in the Hands of Allah, he would not lose hope of entering Paradise, and had the believer known of all the punishment which is present with Allah, he would not consider himself safe from the Hell-Fire
    http://www.muftimenk.co.za/Downloads.html
    chat Quote

Ummu Sufyaan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    is in need of dua
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

there are some really good point
    jazakallahu khair.
    chat Quote

snakelegs's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

it's not easy to squeeze everything in a day.
    maybe it would be helpful to set aside some time every day for learning and stick to it.
    a half hour would be good - even 15 mins. is better than nothing. at first it will be difficult to stay with it, but the longer you do it, the easier it will become. select an area of special interest to start out with - that will make it easier too.
    you have a whole lifetime of learning ahead of you!

each man thinks of his own fleas as gazelles
    question authority
    image06 1 - For the knowledge seeker.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    believer's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11 View Post

1. Get rid of the Television! (I mean - pull the plug...)

2. Use prayer time like - after Fajr... or Before Magrhib... (Prayer should replace all your usual habits of relaxation...)

During the Morning Athan... we hear the muazzin say - Asalaatu kairunmin annawm.... which means- prayer is better than sleep. There is a scientific discovery that truly - the Fajr Prayer is indeed good for ones health... Try it and make it a habit... you will be surprised how much revitalized you physical energy is. I am aware many Muslims donot perform this very important prayer... but it is written in the Quran.. Allah loves those who perform Ibadah and Fajr prayers... because, there is more effort exerted here and the rewards are double, you can perform the other prayers a bit later than on time... but not the Fajr nor the Ibadah... which is between 1 to 3 AM... and while at it... you can read to further widen your knowledge.

3. If there's a will... there's always a way. I have a 16 hour job... daily... and I have my Qur'an in front of me.... there is no reason for me not to read it during my free time... I dont see any reason why you can't.

Salaamualaikum!
    chat Quote

Camomilla's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

thanx for yall advice, jazakallah khair!
    chat Quote

niler's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i believe its very possible but it takes patience and perseverence cz its not easy.u have to plan ur tym well and avoiiid tym wasting for you to achieve and suceeeeeed in ur pursuits of ilm.
    chat Quote

true believer's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

become more organised not just in ur work but wat times prayers are and dat.
    and when da husbed comes home he can read a bit of quran before he goes to bed.
    that way u can make ur u dont get sucked in the trap of dis dua, remember allah and never forget dis life is a just a test, for us to get to our true destination.
    chat Quote

Thought's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

good topic, this what i was looking for. up
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    BintYousoff's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

good advices bro.
    chat Quote

Khalisah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by BintYousoff View Post
    good advices bro.

I agree! ^
    chat Quote

Thought's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I still use your advice bro. Thanks
    chat Quote

Ghira's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Just like to add something that I like being reminded of. You should gain knowledge not for the sake of gaining knowledge. You should gain knowledge to acquire the fruits of knowledge, taqwa (translated as righteousness, God fearing, protecting yourself from the anger of Allah, God consciousness). As Allah swt says "Indeed those who have taqwa of Allah are the 'Ulima (knowledgeable people, scholars of Islam). Look at my signature I love that statement. You will be judged according to your knowledge on the day of judgment. Don't fear gaining knowledge just know it will benefit you in gaining the fruits of knowledge.
    Last edited by 'Abd al-Baari; 08-26-2008 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Reply to off-topic posts has been removed.

Ummah Films <----Watch and support

Kalamullah ----Excellent website

Understand Quran Easy way

"' al-Ilm Imamul 'amal"
    "Knowledge is the Imam of Action"
    chat Quote

17. Hide
Hey there! For the knowledge seeker. Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. For the knowledge seeker.