star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Celebrating Eid?

Report bad ads?

Im not sure if im the only one that thinks this but does anyone find it weird that non religious people celebrate Eid and make a big deal? Some people dont fast or pray but when it comes to Eid they do so much like getting dressed up, going out and celebrating. I keep thinking to myself, what and why are they celebrating? It's similar to them people who dont normally pray but make a big deal out of Shab-e-Barat..
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    SirZubair's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Celebrating Eid?

format_quote Originally Posted by paradise786 View Post
    Im not sure if im the only one that thinks this but does anyone find it weird that non religious people celebrate Eid and make a big deal? Some people dont fast or pray but when it comes to Eid they do so much like getting dressed up, going out and celebrating. I keep thinking to myself, what and why are they celebrating? It's similar to them people who dont normally pray but make a big deal out of Shab-e-Barat..
    What do you mean by "non religious people" sis? People who are not muslims? Or Muslims who lack faith? (May Allah SWT Guide Them)
    Celebrating Eid?

wwwislamicboardcom - Celebrating Eid?
    Dont Mistake My Harshness For Strength And Neither Mistake My Kindness For Weakness.
    chat Quote

paradise88's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Yeah sorry meant people who lack faith or dont practice properly..
    chat Quote

Kittygyal's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Right. Waste of time this threas co'z Allaah is the one who can judge them.

Lets not interfer and leave it to Allaah
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    deen_2007's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ huh.....but sis she has a point....yes her phrasing was bad...but i think i get her point...

but then yes i get ur point too....we shouldnt judge people true...but creating this thread isnt such a bad idea!

we all can come up with ideas in ways we can help our brothers & sisters in understanding what is right and what is not...

Easy-tALK.....tries to tackle these kinds of problems.....we shouldnt burden ourselves on people who lack in faith.....but we shouldnt forget our duty either...

muslims should help one another....because that little push may make one understan properly...
    Celebrating Eid?

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thanks sis for understanding me, true i may not be good at explaining something so in a way im being judged on what i say.. anyway im not judging anyone just saying what ive seen and how it's like to see it all the time. Im not saying i hate someone for being like that, im just saying if anyone has seen this kind of attitude towards islam. I believe we should help and guide people as much as we can without being judgemental
    chat Quote

deen_2007's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thanks sis for understanding me, true i may not be good at explaining something so in a way im being judged on what i say.. anyway im not judging anyone just saying what ive seen and how it's like to see it all the time. Im not saying i hate someone for being like that, im just saying if anyone has seen this kind of attitude towards islam. I believe we should help and guide people as much as we can without being judgemental
    its ok...
    :sunny:

....this is what we should do....

if we give dawa the right way it may change ppls attitude...

i must say here in east london......a lot of young asians used to celebrate eid very unislamically......

four five yrs has gone by....and i must say last eid i saw a major improvement....

one thing i must admit....islam is growing very strong and braod amongst the young youth here in the UK....to be specific London (thats wer ive seen it)....inshallah it will be strong as ever everywhere else ...

but yes we all need to support each other....i'll wait for others to suggest ways
    Celebrating Eid?

chat Quote

Pk_#2's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Cool Re: Celebrating Eid?

format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal View Post
    Right. Waste of time this threas co'z Allaah is the one who can judge them.

Lets not interfer and leave it to Allaah
    Agree,
    Celebrating Eid?

"Whoever lives amongst you will see much differing, so adhere to my Sunnah" Muhammad
    (صلّى الله عليه و سلم)

Dhikhrul-lil-Aalamiin
    chat Quote

S_87's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Maryams Mommy
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Eid is a day for celebration so although one is sad ramadhan has gone there is nothing wrong with being happy about eid?
    yes people take eid day as the day to get back to the things they were doing before ramadhan but in principle theres nothing wrong with being 'dressed up' and 'celebrating' so long as it is in a lawful manner
    may Allah guide us all
    Celebrating Eid?

Our Lord! Verily, we have heard the call of one calling to Faith: 'Believe in your Lord,' and we have believed.
    Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and expiate from us our evil deeds, and make us die (in the state of righteousness) along with Al-Abrar
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Ummu Sufyaan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    is in need of dua
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

yeah, i agree with the above. however, i think what the sister is saying is that she gets annoyed how people who arent very practising just turn up for eid. we have a simialr problem. some people (brothers) they don't turn up for jumuah, but they turn up for eid. the reason i know this, is becasue our imam even made a khutbah about it on eid.
    Last edited by Ummu Sufyaan; 09-09-2007 at 12:43 AM.
    chat Quote

Re.TiReD's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    LI Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I know exactly what the sister is talking about, it is like the brother from Ummah Films calls them...'seasonal Muslims', he also says that you will never see more people at any salah then Eid salah. Its a sad fact of life, people are too intent on 'Livin' it up' than to take their religion seriously. But as one sister said...we should leave it to Allah as guidance is from him alone.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by amani View Post

Eid is a day for celebration so although one is sad ramadhan has gone there is nothing wrong with being happy about eid?
    yes people take eid day as the day to get back to the things they were doing before ramadhan but in principle theres nothing wrong with being 'dressed up' and 'celebrating' so long as it is in a lawful manner
    may Allah guide us all

huh?.. i dress up and celebrate but thats not what im saying, im saying they do not fullfill their religion e.g. pray or fast but on eid they go and celebrate by drinking and getting 'high'. I know some of you that wrote comments know what im talking about..
    Celebrating Eid?

We HaVe OnE LiFe; iT SoOn wiLL Be PaSt; WhaT wE dO FoR ALLAH iS aLL ThaT wiLL LasT
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11 View Post

yeah, i agree with the above. however, i think what the sister is saying is that she gets annoyed how people who arent very practising just turn up for eid. we have a simialr problem. some people (brothers) they turn up for jumuah, but they turn up for eid. the reason i know this, is becasue our imam even made a khutbah about it on eid.
    Thanks sis you know what i mean. If i was to be judging i would not be on this forum..
    Celebrating Eid?

We HaVe OnE LiFe; iT SoOn wiLL Be PaSt; WhaT wE dO FoR ALLAH iS aLL ThaT wiLL LasT
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by JihadunNafs View Post

I know exactly what the sister is talking about, it is like the brother from Ummah Films calls them...'seasonal Muslims', he also says that you will never see more people at any salah then Eid salah. Its a sad fact of life, people are too intent on 'Livin' it up' than to take their religion seriously. But as one sister said...we should leave it to Allah as guidance is from him alone.
    Many thanks again for understanding me.. I apologise if i sound wrong but were not talking face to face are we guys? So we have to try our best to explain through these messages (posts)
    Celebrating Eid?

chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Im not having a go at the sis or anything so relax people.

Why not do dua'ah then? coz were not going to get far with online talks...

Best thing is dua'ah and then leave it b/w Allaah and the person. Remember everyone will be questioned upon there actions they won't get away with it.
    Okay im saying this because im not the ebst person on earth and do and done alot of sins in past and now. I wana leave that b/w me and my creator. So ma point is asking dua'ah from others to do for you and Ummah is a good idea than rather say 'weird'

BTW. Non-Muslims suppose to be practising?? Erm when i wasn't a muslim i wasn't pracsting AND i had muslims bluds then who use to call me on there celebration..

Anywho. Allaah hu alim

May Allaah forgive us for our stupidility. Amin
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal View Post
    Im not having a go at the sis or anything so relax people.

Why not do dua'ah then? coz were not going to get far with online talks...

Best thing is dua'ah and then leave it b/w Allaah and the person. Remember everyone will be questioned upon there actions they won't get away with it.
    Okay im saying this because im not the ebst person on earth and do and done alot of sins in past and now. I wana leave that b/w me and my creator. So ma point is asking dua'ah from others to do for you and Ummah is a good idea than rather say 'weird'

BTW. Non-Muslims suppose to be practising?? Erm when i wasn't a muslim i wasn't pracsting AND i had muslims bluds then who use to call me on there celebration..

Anywho. Allaah hu alim

May Allaah forgive us for our stupidility. Amin
    I do agree.. but im talking about muslims who dont practice.. think your misunderstanding cos of my choice of vocabulary. Im not really good at writing things.. I know that Allah swt will question them, I know Allah swt is the only one to judge and yes i do make du'ah. Im saying its not nice seeing it infront of your eyes. All i can do is explain and pray for them. I have made many mistakes and probably still am and im praying that i am forgiven, Im not judging anyone and hope it dont sound that way. P.S i know your not having a go sis
    Celebrating Eid?

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I do agree.. but im talking about muslims who dont practice.. think your misunderstanding cos of my choice of vocabulary. Im not really good at writing things.. I know that Allah swt will question them, I know Allah swt is the only one to judge and yes i do make du'ah. Im saying its not nice seeing it infront of your eyes. All i can do is explain and pray for them. I have made many mistakes and probably still am and im praying that i am forgiven, Im not judging anyone and hope it dont sound that way. P.S i know your not having a go sis

I don't get it, Im not being rude or anything about your vocab im not all perfect im actually worse.

Well, ya i understand sis where ya coming from but as im a revert to Islam i don't hardly see people who just have fun on Eid and take the 30days for nothing. Maybe we may both see it wrong in our eyes. They might wana celebrate Eid as good as they want and stuff there self as during the 30days they maybe struggling. Allaah hu alim.

^ Im make sense

Oh this might make sense, They fast for fun of it but there not religious *Erm some maybe religious but keep that b/w there lord and them self *
    Or maybe this might make sense, When Eid comes they hire out cars and take eid too too far just say they step out of the red line and not think about the poor how they suffer from there eid. CORRECT??

Sis, some people take Eid too far because there either in there teens, or even younger, some maybe are just new beginers and first eid for eg: they may have reverted to Islam and first eid. I can remember my eid when i reverted to Islam woow it was hectic.

Btw praying and being non practising, lets not go on that road sis lets leave that out. Insha'Allaah.

Lets just erm keep this thread of why they do soo much on Eid. Okay??

B/c people are going to get muggled duggled

Forgive me man im stressed
    chat Quote

SirDemonic's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Eid for them is like a Friday and saturday night in clubs trust me,
    Amount i seen drink and smoke away like crazy on eid, muslim girls love the attention on eid, guys look for girls on eid it's a vicious circle but we gotta show them that eid is not for chilling or drinking, it's about celebrating end of ramazan and chill out with fam and mates
    Celebrating Eid?

"Watch your thoughts, they become words.
    Watch your words, they become actions.
    Watch your actions, they become habits.
    Watch your habits, they become character.
    Watch your character, they become destiny
    "

<(Am not a terrorist cause i got a beard) :crickey:
    chat Quote

Intisar's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    ''By night it conceals the light, by day as it appears in Glory..'' -092.002-003
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Yeah wallahi I noticed that too, 2 days before Ramadan even ends they get ready and excited for all the new clothes they bought, what they're gonna do with their hair, and where they're gonna go and ''party'' with their friends (subhanallah). This Eid (insha'allah We'll all be alive to make it to it ) I'm not gonna waste it. Sister you also have to remember to give Dawah as well.
    Last edited by Intisar; 09-15-2007 at 04:10 PM.
    Celebrating Eid?

*Acausal synchronicity*

Please make du'a for my mom and Dad.
    chat Quote

24. Hide
Hey there! Celebrating Eid? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Celebrating Eid?