× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 82 visibility 9621

Anti-Prophet Campaign Hits Facebook

00:00's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

CAIRO — The anti-Islam debate has reached Facebook, the world's leading socialworking website, prompting a petition supported by thousands of Muslim (more)

CAIRO — The anti-Islam debate has reached Facebook, the world's leading socialworking website, prompting a petition supported by thousands of Muslim and non-Muslim members, The New York Times reported on Monday, September 10. "We r quitting Facebook," more than 58,000 Facebook members are threatening unless a one-month-old anti-Islam group was removed.

One of the champions of the petition-drive group is Essma Bargewee, a 20-year student of business at Montclair State University in New Jersey.

She joined and invited some friends and posted at a few other groups in Facebook.

"Next morning I came and was expecting 15 or something to join but found hundreds," Bargewee said in an e-mail to the Times.

"As you have seen we ended up with thousands of both Muslims and non-Muslims defending our idea."

The petition is rallying against a 750-member group which carries the name "Based on the facts...Mohammed was a murderer."

"The Qur'an contains many lies and threats. Islam is false, no god exists, and someone should say that loud and clear," it states on its website.

"Heaven and hell are fables, prayer is a waste of time, and angels and jinn are obviously mythology."

Pointless

The petition complains against the group's attack on Islam as a faith and prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him).

"Please notice that Muslims take this issue very seriously as it harms our beliefs and our prophet," it reads.

The petition accuses the anti-Islam group of violating the very basic policies of Facebook under the pretext of freedom of expression.

"We want you to know that we respect the freedom of speech and opinions but Beliefs must be respected also as the mentioned group attacks individual and group in which it's violating the policy of Facebook that we all respect."

The group creator’s account was removed temporarily before being reinstated, the US daily said.

"Facebook briefly deleted my account, and I assumed they did so because of the group, but they reinstated the account and told me that it was a mistake of some sort," the organizer of the anti-Islam site said in an e-mail.

Facebook declined to comment on the subject or on what steps had been taken, if any.

Founded in 2004, Facebook's membership was initially restricted to students of the Harvard University.

It was later expanded to other universities in the United States and later to any student with a university email address from all over the world.

Networks were then initiated for high schools and some large companies.

Since September 11, 2006, it has been made available to any email address user who inputs a certain age range.

Users can select to join one or more participatingworks, such as a high school, place of employment, or geographic region.

As of July 2007, the website had the largest number of registered users among college-focused sites with over 34 million active members worldwide.

In July, it was ranked between the top 10–13 web sites, and was the number one site for photos in the US with over 8.5 million photos uploaded daily.

Facebook is also the sixth most visited site in the US.

Source: IslamOnline

The World is three days: As for yesterday, it has vanished, along with all that was in it. As for tomorrow, you may never see it. As for today, it is yours, so work in it.
    - Hassan al-Basri

2. Report bad ads?
    Md Mashud's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Anti-Prophet Campaign Hits Facebook

Just plain wrong to have an anti-islam group, equally as much as anti-Christianity or anti-Jewish group...

Anyone against Islam, or other faiths, is only because they have the wrong perception of it - which is sad - how much misunderstanding leads to hatred.

Getting political movements mixed up with religious movements is always dangerous

Fight in the way of God, against those who fight against you, drive them out of the places they have drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. Fight them, until persecution is no more, and Religion is for God. But if they stop, let there be no war.

Skavau's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

This Anti-Muslim group has all right to exist. As long as this particular group is not infringing upon Facebook's code of conduct or inciting violence there is no issue (or ought not to be).

There should be no special treatment allocated.

3ARABY_2005's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Doesn't Matter What They Do On Facebook Or Anyother Site

They R Hopeless.

Here In Egypt More Than 50 Christain Man Enters Islam Daily..even That Reaches Over 200 Per Day Sometimes

They Can't Win The Fight Against Islam

Remeber THIS My Brothers ...the Dogs' Barking Can't Influence The Sky

ISLAM IS THE SKY .... And They R The Barking Dogs

So Whether They Continued To Bark..or They Stoped....no Effect On Islam

Jazakumullah Khair

6. Report bad ads?
    3ARABY_2005's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Skavau View Post
    This Anti-Muslim group has all right to exist. As long as this particular group is not infringing upon Facebook's code of conduct or inciting violence there is no issue (or ought not to be).

THANX FOR UR OWN ATHEISTIC PERSONAL POINT OF VIEW :zip::zip::zip:
    Last edited by 3ARABY_2005; 09-11-2007 at 12:37 AM.

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by 3ARABY_2005 View Post
    THANX FOR UR OWN ATHEISTIC PERSONAL POINT OF VIEW :zip::zip::zip:
    Right. Interesting way of responding to people. It's like talking to a parrot.

The view I gave then though has nothing to do with my Atheism.

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I don't see the point of such groups exisiting? I read some pretty wild farcical comments on these boards but this is tops..
    what is the point of a group like the KKK existing? or Neo-Nazis..I mean someone point it out to me if for any other reason than to incite hatred and violence?...
    This is similar to your admittance that adultery is willfully and maliciously against the sanctity of marriage, but that adulterers should be free to fornicate anyway..
    Does that make sense to anyone please?

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Anti-Prophet Campaign Hits Facebook

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia View Post
    I don't see the point of such groups exisiting? I read some pretty wild farcical comments on these boards but this is tops..
    what is the point of a group like the KKK existing? or Neo-Nazis..I mean someone point it out to me if for any other reason than to incite hatred and violence?...
    Not unless they are directly encouraging, advocating or supporting violence towards Muslim. Otherwise they are just a group of people that obviously feel morally (as their assertions as shown on the original post appear to indicate) obliged to criticise and attack Islam.

format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
    This is similar to your admittance that adultery is willfully and maliciously against the sanctity of marriage, but that adulterers should be free to fornicate anyway..
    Yes.

Because I hold that the government should not enforce by force the 'sanctity of marriage'. It should be kept out of people's bedrooms.

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Not unless they are directly encouraging, advocating or supporting violence towards Muslim. Otherwise they are just a group of people that obviously feel morally (as their assertions as shown on the original post appear to indicate) obliged to criticise and attack Islam.
    That is exactly the purpose of such groups.. these aren't peaceful people, these are hateful people. There is no 'moral' in hate.. once you have established a set of laws (good laws) should be very clear where truth/right/goodness stands apart from error.. you have to draw the lines somewhere I assume? otherwise I can just come and libel and slander you and 'yo motha' to my heart's content in the most vile of ways, because I find you both oh so Da*n loathsome! Did that offend you? I hope so, because that is how offensive it is!

Yes.

Because I hold that the government should not enforce by force the 'sanctity of marriage'. It should be kept out of people's bedrooms.
    It has nothing to do with the govt. It has to do with a sense of decency, and the burden of a promise you've made to another. which is obviousely missing in some parties.. some even more than others (when nothing is to hold them back) You can't honor your word there should be consequence.. obviousely there is no consequence even religiously speaking if you get away with it, which people do! but it is morally reprehensible and hopefully such folks if they don't get their just desert in this world, shall indeed insha'Allah in the hereafter.. after all it is a law of nature, in the argot--'what goes around, comes around'!
    So true what they say (faqid alshy'e la yo3teeh), how can I expect to discuss morality, when there is no base line--- it is basically made to fit the changing tides..
    few yrs down the line it will be ok to kill your neighbor under the freedom from your neighbor act, to be enforced on sundays, and especially if he is missing his left molars.

If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Anti-Prophet Campaign Hits Facebook

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

That is exactly the purpose of such groups.. these aren't peaceful people, these are hateful people.
    You could always inquire if you're confused as to their purpose. I'm just telling you what I think it could be. My guess from the original post is that they oppose Islam for moral reasons.

There is no 'moral' in hate.. once you have established a set of laws (good laws) should be very clear where truth/right/goodness stands apart from error.. you have to draw the lines somewhere I assume?
    Yes. That line is incitement to violence towards others.

otherwise I can just come and libel and slander you and 'yo motha' to my heart's content in the most vile of ways, because I find you both oh so Da*n loathsome! Did that offend you? I hope so, because that is how offensive it is!
    You indeed can. It happens all the time on the internet. If you are of course referring to incidents outside the internet though, where people's names are falsely attacked or criticised - then that is a different discussion and I myself have no clear standpoint on such.

You did not by the way, offend me. Years of internet discussions harden me to personal attacks.

It has nothing to do with the govt. It has to do with a sense of decency, and the burden of a promise you've made to another.
    Entirely.

You can't honor your word there should be consequence.. obviousely there is no consequence even religiously speaking if you get away with it, which people do! but it is morally reprehensible and hopefully such folks if they don't get their just desert in this world, shall indeed insha'Allah in the hereafter.. after all it is a law of nature, in the argot--'what goes around, comes around'!
    To the parts in bold:

Eh? My word regarding consequence?

few yrs down the line it will be ok to kill your neighbor under the freedom from your neighbor act, to be enforced on sundays, and especially if he is missing his left molars.
    No.

Such would infringe upon the neighbour's rights. You're inventing false scenarios.

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You could always inquire if you're confused as to their purpose. I'm just telling you what I think it could be. My guess from the original post is that they oppose Islam for moral reasons.
    I don't understand what against Islam for moral reasons means. what moral reasons could there possibly be against any organized age old religion? is this some sort of joke?

Yes. That line is incitement to violence towards others.
    And that is the clear purpose of such groups!

You indeed can. It happens all the time on the internet. If you are of course referring to incidents outside the internet though, where people's names are falsely attacked or criticised - then that is a different discussion and I myself have no clear standpoint on such.
    That is exactly what I am denoting doing it where it will have an impact on your life. Either financially where you have to spend money warding off my attacks through lawyers or whatever means, emotionally, where it interferes with your daily activities, physically, where you have to withstand traveling a long distance because I have made sure everyone learns false defaming information about you and not hire you.. etc etc

You did not by the way, offend me. Years of internet discussions harden me to personal attacks.
    I am not talking about internet, although, I find it odd that any random person can insult your mother and you'd be ok with it.. perhaps you are just pretending, or maybe you didn't like her and anyone can wish her to go to hell 'the devil may care' attitude.. most people I have encountered and at large I believe though may not particularly care for threats of any sort against their own person, feel rather defensive toward their family-- you might be one of the rare few and thus I commend you!

Such would infringe upon the neighbour's rights. You're inventing false scenarios.
    Not at all, I am inviting very likely scenarios when man kind is making and passing the laws...
    I will not go into what laws were unthought of that are now so recognized and consented.. a few months ago in Germany and I no longer have the article will look for it though I digress, a brother had an incestuous relationship with his sister had children with her and got away with it.. his lawyer stated 'who are we to define a family unit, or what a family is?' -- we are pushing the envelope, perhaps that is what it means to be cultivated and civilized? I see it very likely down the road to kill your neighbor.. after all it started simply enough with folk like you deeming it OK TO HATE YOUR neighbor!

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Why shouldnt the group exist? (assuming it isnt breaking code-of-conduct) You are free to make a group promoting Islam, they are free to make one agaisnt it.

Muslims should not be given special rights.

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

How is it a special right? I fail to see or understand your logic.I believe you have stumbled upon just one verity with the term 'assuming' which is indeed the operative/functional term here!-- no such group exists because they want to pass out popcorn and free prophylactics, their purpose is quite apparent. Or we in need to be lost in convoluted semantics.. perhaps indeed the KKK was just tough love for changelings.

north_malaysian's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I wonder if they would allow Holocaust Denial Group or Pro-Ahmadinejad or Pro-Osama group.

Assalamualaykum... I am back!!

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian View Post
    I wonder if they would allow Holocaust Denial Group or Pro-Ahmadinejad or Pro-Osama group.
    No because that would be exhibiting political and moral incorrectness.
    Forgive me for stating the obvious of course.. it is a sort of reverse satire to highlight the hypocrisy!

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

How is it a special right? I fail to see or understand your logic.I believe you have stumbled upon just one verity with the term 'assuming' which is indeed the operative/functional term here!-- no such group exists because they want to pass out popcorn and free prophylactics, their purpose is quite apparent. Or we in need to be lost in convoluted semantics.. perhaps indeed the KKK was just tough love for changelings.
    You are right, groups that oppose anything are mean and bad. I mean groups that disagree with capitolism (such as the many socialist groups on facebook) should be banned, same goes with groups that oppose imperialism (anti- America/Bush group) should be banned. Perfect system

O wait...Islam inherently denounces Christian values and religious beliefs. Islamic groups promoting Islam should be banned. etc.

syilla's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    save $ 4 hajj
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

don't they have anything else to do

Other than to make an anti-something which they don't believe and exist anymore.

heart 1 - Anti-Prophet Campaign Hits Facebook

25:36 And the true servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk the earth with humility and when the ignorant address them, they respond with words of peace.

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Isambard View Post
    You are right, groups that oppose anything are mean and bad. I mean groups that disagree with capitolism (such as the many socialist groups on facebook) should be banned, same goes with groups that oppose imperialism (anti- America/Bush group) should be banned. Perfect system

O wait...Islam inherently denounces Christian values and religious beliefs. Islamic groups promoting Islam should be banned. etc.
    Forgive me, but are you a simpleton? until your thought process makes an ascent by some miracle from the concrete to something a bit more abstract and full bodied, can you engage in this topic.. I am sure some sections of this forum are designated to the kiddies!

Md Mashud's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

When you get offended why people think atheistic people generally are illogical - stuff like this kinda confirms it.

Lets see, your brain, seeing this post thought "Anti-religious, yet free speech, heck why not support it? Technically it harms no law right?". This is not the linking of a rational or logical person.

Lets see the context of this group shall we?

Firstly, is it objective? Can any good come of it? We can even bet on that the people have a biased understanding of the religion itself. So what good could really come from this? Make some people happy as they throw insults about Islam between them, having a laugh?

Problems this can cause? Surely, most muslims should feel that their right of practicing Islam is violated by having people ridiculing their way of life, making a public awareness of being against it - for what reason? Probably very bad reasons, based on propaganda. Why should anyone have to have people against their way of life is beyond unfair.

Then we have Isaambard, thinking he is winning the logical battle with the comment

I mean groups that disagree with capitolism (such as the many socialist groups on facebook) should be banned
    Ignoring the spelling mistake, Im thinking he meant capitalism. This means:

Capitalism generally refers to an economic system in which the means of production are all or mostly privately owned and operated for profit, and in which investments, distribution, income, production and pricing of goods and services are determined through the operation of a market economy
    So, he compared, wait for it let me get a breath its quite a laugh, criticising an economic system is equal to being AGAINST a religious belief that billion+ people follow as their way of life. All I can say is and you can ask Wilberhaum what that means. This is as absurd as it can get really...

Heck, why don't I make an anti-black people group! Free speech right? Who cares if the black people get offended, aslong as I practice my free speech and I have a nice time having a laugh about black people, where is the harm?

But some people believe in not peace and harmony as they speak, but self-satisfication. It is a disease amongst humanity in the modern day, which we can only hope one day dissapears.
    Last edited by Md Mashud; 09-11-2007 at 02:49 AM.

Fight in the way of God, against those who fight against you, drive them out of the places they have drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. Fight them, until persecution is no more, and Religion is for God. But if they stop, let there be no war.

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Forgive me, but are you a simpleton? until your thought process makes an ascent by some miracle from the concrete to something a bit more abstract and full bodied, can you engage in this topic.. I am sure some sections of this forum are designated to the kiddies!
    So seeing a double-standard makes me a simpleton eh? Well I guess its a step up. I usually get called nastier things for pointing out inconsistancies in logic

26. Hide
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! Anti-Prophet Campaign Hits Facebook Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Anti-Prophet Campaign Hits Facebook