Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Arrow Converts Share Their Experiences

Report bad ads?

Converts Share Their Experiences

Perfect work

Islam’s coherent structure of moral teaching and practical life programme attracted me. It is a perfect work of architecture. All its parts complement each other: nothing is superfluous or lacking. - Muhammad Asad (Leopold Weiss)

True freedom

I am attracted to Islam’s concept of One God. Nothing is like Him. This belief in the Oneness of God librates man from servitude to any human being and this is true freedom. The direct relationship between God and His servants also attracted me. - Ibrahim Khalil (Philobus)

Perfection

Islam is perfection Compared to other scriptures, The Qur’an is like the Sun compared to a match. Anyone who reads the Word of Allah with a mind that is not completely closed to the Truth, will become a Muslim - Saifuddin Dirk Walter Mosig

Inner Peace

When I read the Qur’an, I really felt that this is a belief that I should have. I can’t really explain it, only one who has reverted would understand, because it’s a feeling, an inner peace. - Canadian Sister

Books against Islam

I came to Islam after reading the books written against Islam. I felt that these writers feared the dynamism of Islam. They put it to utter disgrace because they feared it.

Oneness of God

It is pure monotheism. It has a clear moral system. No scripture expresses the message of the Oneness of God as clearly as The Qur’an – Yahya

Slow Dawning

It was a slow dawning. It wasn’t like I woke up one night and said ‘This is it’. Reading the Qur’an answered my questions of faith in a logical manner – Carole Strum

Science

I am convinced that the Qur’an is the Word of God. Things mentioned in the Qur’an were discovered by scientists in the last 100 years. The only one who could have known those things 1400 years ago was God. – Khadija Evans

Liberating

Because you cover yourself up you’are not seen as a sex symbol, and because people cant judge you on your appearance, they have to judge you as a Human Being. That’s quite liberating. You don’t need anything else once you’ve found Islam. – Bahiya Malik (Lucy Norris)

Reason

Having a mind that accepts ideas on their factual merit makes believing in a religion difficult because most religious require acceptance by faith. Islam appeals to man’s reasoning. – Dr. Jeffery Lang

Liberated

When I became a servent of Allah, I became liberated from all other forms of servitude. Others may thing they are liberated but they are addicted to hoarding wealth, unlawful sec and intoxicants. – Yahya Donald W. Flood

Nothing irrational

The logical and fascination style of The Qur’an penetrated deep into my soul. In Islam there is no irrational or unbelievable tenet or anything contradictory to modern science. – Dr Hamid Marcus

http://islam.thetruecall.com/modules...article&sid=69

Life Itself

To some people religion, is a private concern like an amateur hobby. But when I read The Holy Qur'an I knew that Islam is no hobby but life itself! - Maryam Jameelah (Margaret Peggy Marcus)

True equality

I realized that Islam gives True equality not only to men and women, but to all races and classes, and individuals are differentiated only their level of piety - Karima Slack Razi

After research

I came into Islam after more then 30 years of research and life experience. Attaining peace through submission to Allah impressed me the most. Whenever I feel troubled my mind goes to the soothing words of the Qur'an. - Suleyman Ahmad

Embryology

When I read the Qur'an I cried in joy of finding the truth. I was graduating in microbiology at that time. The description of the embryological process in the Qur'an [unknown at that time] impressed me. Once I was sure The Qur'an is truly from God, I accepted Islam. - Erin Saumaya Fannoun

Complete system

The teachings in Islam resembled the values I had been taught: belief in God, respect for others, truthfulness, courtesy, charity and honour. In Islam these are integrated into a complete system that is easy to understand. - Greg Noakes

Found the missing pieces

I came to know that Muslims believed in all the previous prophets, the miraculous birth of Jesus (pbuh), that there is no need for a mediator, that Jesus(pbuh) is a prophet and that there was another Prophet Muhammed(pbuh). I found that I had discovered all the missing pieces that I had been searching for. - Aminah Vanderdrift

Superficial freedom

It seems that a Western woman's happiness hinges on her access to nightclubs, alcohol and revealing clothes; and the absence of such freedom in Islam is seen as an infringement of basic rights. Such superficialities have very little to do with true happiness. - Haiqa Khan

Very definite

Islam is very practical, providing guidance on every aspect, including prayers, diet, cleanliness, manners and respect for parents. Right and wrong are definite in Islam. Limits are set, I was never able to find this [in my previous religion]. I thank God daily for the gift of Islam - Zahrah Riddle

Meaningful

I found myself agreeing with what I was reading in The Qur'an rather than arguing against it. By the time I had finished reading it I was convinced that I had found something important and meaningful. - Bushra Finch

Worship the creator

In Islam we worship The Creator. Others worship stones, or men as incarnations of God. You should worship the One that created everything. Reading The Qur'an will cut down your journey in search of the truth about life. - Abd-ul Waahid Paterson

Found my way

At the moment of my conversion, no angels sang hymns and no beam of light hit me, but I was filled with an enormous sense of peace and hope. I finally found my way. - Nuh Brecheen

Appeals to the truth-seeker

Islam is rational, natural and appeals to the truth seeker. The belief in one God frees us from superstition. It naturally leads to equality, for all have been created by the same God and are the servants of the same Lord. - Muhammed Aman Hobohm

Living Principle

The Qur'an touched me in a way that nothing else ever had. When I read the Yusuf Ali translation, I just cried. Islam has grown into a living principle in my life. I am a better Muslim this year than I was last year. - Joanne Richards

No Free ride

There's no free ride in Islam. Everyone is responsible for his actions. Islam has the answer to racism, feminism, abortion, high murder rates and drug selling. It shows human beings how to live their lives right. - Shaheed (Damian Williams)

Jesus in Islam

In Islam I found the real Jesus. As a leader of believers, and a prophet to love as an example. It was Islam that made me love him. - Abdul Azim (Greogor Shepard)

No Hocus-Pocus

In the Qur'an, there is no hocus-pocus, no spookism, no mysticism, just plain, simple understanding 'Truth'. When I heard the call for prayer, I felt a closeness to god that penetrated my heart and soul. - Abdussalam Sipes (Clinto Sipes)

Nothing to offer

Muslims are the hardest people to convert to another faith because there is nothing to offer them! In Islam, there is a relationship with Allah, forgiveness of sins, salvation and promise of Eternal Life. - Khadijah 'Sue' Watson

http://islam.thetruecall.com/

When comes the Help of God, and Victory, you will see the people enter God's Religion (ISLAM) in crowds, [110:1:2]
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Pk_#2's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Converts Share Their Experiences

Books against Islam

I came to Islam after reading the books written against Islam. I felt that these writers feared the dynamism of Islam. They put it to utter disgrace because they feared it.

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

"Whoever lives amongst you will see much differing, so adhere to my Sunnah" Muhammad
    (صلّى الله عليه و سلم)

Dhikhrul-lil-Aalamiin
    chat Quote

khairullah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

walikum aslam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.
    chat Quote

aligzander's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

"If we (humankind) belong to one man (Adam) and one woman (Hawa), why theres a black, white, brown, red people etc.?"

After I recieved the answer to that question of mine in Islamic Center, immediately I accept Islam.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    believer's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Islam is the ultimate upgrade hardware and software of my christian faith...

La illaha illalah
    45: Surah-al-Jahtiyah
    verse 20: "This Qur'an is a Clear Proof and Evidence for Mankind and a Guidance and Mercy for a people who have faith with certainty.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by aligzander View Post
    "If we (humankind) belong to one man (Adam) and one woman (Hawa), why theres a black, white, brown, red people etc.?"

After I recieved the answer to that question of mine in Islamic Center, immediately I accept Islam.
    What's the answer?
    chat Quote

aligzander's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint View Post
    What's the answer?

The Volunteer in Islamic Center told me that Allah (سبحانه و تعالى) created Adam (عليه السلام) from different kinds (color) of soil.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The Volunteer in Islamic Center told me that Allah (سبحانه و تعالى) created Adam (عليه السلام) from different kinds (color) of soil.
    Masha Allah brother Aligzander, and wel come to the true path.

May Allah (SWT) guide us all to the straight path. Ameen
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Are you a convert too brother?
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    muslim1's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Dear aligzander,
    Congrats on your Islam. Would you please give us more explanation of why this answer in particular has guided you to Islam?

Thanks a million
    chat Quote

muslim1's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

khairullah
    Salam to you. It slipped my mind to thank you for your luvly topic
    chat Quote

believer's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by khairullah View Post
    Are you a convert too brother?
    Salaamualaikum Bro....

We donot use Convert since this is a misnomer.... Every child born is a Muslim... until his parents or society changes him into a christian, jew, or sabean, or hindu or others.... when he finally finds Islam - he becomes a Revert.

In fact... Revert almost sounds like Rebirth. Esauh Aleihisalaam said "Unless a Man be born again... he cannot enter paradise" according to the gospel in the bible.

What the Christian term as born again is actually half baked unless they are born again under the light and truth of Islam...

The answer to the question is... yes.. I am a revert.

Salaam...:sunny:

La illaha illalah
    45: Surah-al-Jahtiyah
    verse 20: "This Qur'an is a Clear Proof and Evidence for Mankind and a Guidance and Mercy for a people who have faith with certainty.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

ok I agree,

Wel come to the true path brother !

“The servants of the Most Gracious are those who walk on the earth in humility, and when the ignorant address them, they say, ‘Peace!’” 25:63

“The world and all things in it are valuable; but the most valuable thing in the world is a virtuous woman" Hadith

www.-----------------------
    chat Quote

MuslimahBarb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Smile Re: Converts Share Their Experiences

format_quote Originally Posted by believer View Post

That is how I feel also about my reversion. The day I became a Muslim was truly a wonderful day and I feel so blessed that Allah guided me to the Right Path Alhamdulillah!

Salam
    Barb
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    sojourner's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by believer View Post
    That is exactly how i feel! I'm not abandoning Christianity, i'm building upon what i found to be true in Christianity with the ultimate truth of Islam.
    chat Quote

Esther462's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Cool Re: Converts Share Their Experiences

format_quote Originally Posted by sojourner View Post
    That is exactly how i feel! I'm not abandoning Christianity, i'm building upon what i found to be true in Christianity with the ultimate truth of Islam.
    Same here. Thats what I was kinder trying to tell my parents the other day when I told them that I converted to Islam.

I also feel more at peace within myself now that I've converted to Islam and I feel I have more controle over my mind, body and life now.:awesome:
    chat Quote

Alexius's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Esther462 View Post
    Same here. Thats what I was kinder trying to tell my parents the other day when I told them that I converted to Islam.

I also feel more at peace within myself now that I've converted to Islam and I feel I have more controle over my mind, body and life now.:awesome:
    I never thought of it that way...In that sense, one who practices Islam could be seen as one who practices a perfected Hindu/Zoroastrian/Christian/Buddhist/Confucian/Jewish faith, no?

Prayers and petitions,
    Alexius:confused:
    chat Quote

Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Alexius View Post
    I never thought of it that way...In that sense, one who practices Islam could be seen as one who practices a perfected Hindu/Zoroastrian/Christian/Buddhist/Confucian/Jewish faith, no?

Prayers and petitions,
    Alexius:confused:
    As another revert, I agree with that. those of us who revert do feel it is a fulfillment and rebirth. I have yet to meet a revert who feels they abandoned their previous faith. The feeling is more like we have finally come home to where our faith was guiding us.

Herman 1 - Converts Share Their Experiences

chat Quote

Esther462's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

This is a link to my experience as a new convert.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up_uj_ljRDQ
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    Umar001's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

To those who have said they feel they are not leaving Christianity, look at this:

A beautiful analogy was once given by a speaker, it goes something like this:
    ‘If you have a favourite suit, that you love to wear and it is priceless, yet as time goes by you realise that you have gained some weight and that the suit is becoming a little tight, you do not have to throw away the suit, rather if you love this suit then it would make sense to go to a tailor and ask him to make amendments in the areas that the suit has now become tight in. You do not have to throw the whole thing away, rather, be honest with yourself, admit the weight gain and make changes where changes need to be made.’

The path is long but I hope we meet,
    After the grave and the Day, in paradise in bliss upon a reclined seat.

A traveler traveling - travelled from shirk to tawheed,
    If I'm remembered for anything - let it be the Mercy I seek.

Your Bro. Abu Hurayra, al-Habeshi
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Converts Share Their Experiences Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Converts Share Their Experiences