× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 40 visibility 6814

New Convert to Islam

Esther462's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Cool New Convert to Islam

Report bad ads?

Hi Everyone.

As of about over a week ago I now a Muslim. I converted though a converting web site but I can't remember which one.
    I've converted for Christianty to Islam and I'm really happy as I feel more at peace within myself.
    I'm just scared to tell my family as they are elders of the church I did attend. I'm also scared to tell my christians friends too.
    Any advice on how to tell my family will be welcomed.
    I've told most of my friends that are outside my christian circul of friends and they are all happy with it.
    I've started to wear my hijab and I'm very happy with it and everyone says it's sutes me.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    UmmSqueakster's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: New Convert to Islam

Assalamu Alaikum (peace be upon you),

Welcome and congratulations! Make yourself and home, and check out my siggy for helpful websites for converts
    chat Quote

ummzayd's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

assalamu alaikum sister

congratulations on accepting Islam, may Allah Most High continue to bless you and guide you and keep you and me on the straight path always ameen.

If you are in the UK, whereabouts do you live?

It is difficult to tell family members especially if they are active practising Christians. It's fairly likely that they will freak out, I'm afraid, given most peoples false ideas about this deen. Did they know you were investigating Islam?

I advise you first and foremost to pray the 5 daily prayers and stick to them as if your life depended on it.

chat Quote

-xRafeenax-'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

salam
    mashallah that is very good !!! it brings a tear of happiness to my eye.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Asalaamalayakum sister!
    MashaAllah, welcome to Islam! ^^
    I remember reading your intro hehe.
    Don't stop praying for your family, and inshaAllah even if it takes some time they will be okay with it.

May Allah (swt) make it easy for you.
    chat Quote

MuslimahBarb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

MashaAllah! Welcome to Islam dear sister. It is great to have you join our Muslim "family."

Salam
    Barb
    chat Quote

Khayal's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Esther462 View Post
    Hi Everyone.

As of about over a week ago I now a Muslim. I converted though a converting web site but I can't remember which one.
    I've converted for Christianty to Islam and I'm really happy as I feel more at peace within myself.
    I'm just scared to tell my family as they are elders of the church I did attend. I'm also scared to tell my christians friends too.
    Any advice on how to tell my family will be welcomed.
    I've told most of my friends that are outside my christian circul of friends and they are all happy with it.
    I've started to wear my hijab and I'm very happy with it and everyone says it's sutes me.

MashaAllah n welcome to the way to jannah, InshaAllah

How did you start wearing hijab, as you mentioned your family doesn't know that you reverted to Islam, they didn't ask about your wearing hijab?

AND yeah, there is a noor ( light ) on everybodys face who wears hijab, Alhamdulilah

New Convert to Islam

Even a Smile is charity!

Indiana20singingJPG 1 - New Convert to Islam

khayal 2 - New Convert to Islam

chat Quote

niler's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

asssalamu aleykum.
    thats really great sis, welcome to islam.
    May Allah guide u 2 do wat He loves and avoid what He hates.

Its a blessing from God for He guides whom He wills to the right path.
    chat Quote

lmaestro's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Asalaamalayakum sister
    Welcome to Islam
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    muslim1's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Dear Sis
    May Allah guide you always to the true path. My warm congrats.
    Keep praying to Allah to guide u.
    chat Quote

mojahid's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Congratulation sister.

May Allah guide us and have mercy on us. Can you advise me of Taking Shahad Online website

May Allah bless
    you
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Post Re: New Convert to Islam

format_quote Originally Posted by ummzayd View Post
    assalamu alaikum sister

congratulations on accepting Islam, may Allah Most High continue to bless you and guide you and keep you and me on the straight path always ameen.

If you are in the UK, whereabouts do you live?

It is difficult to tell family members especially if they are active practising Christians. It's fairly likely that they will freak out, I'm afraid, given most peoples false ideas about this deen. Did they know you were investigating Islam?

I advise you first and foremost to pray the 5 daily prayers and stick to them as if your life depended on it.

I live in Dorset in the UK.

Only one person knew I was investigating Islam but no-one from my family knew.

I've told my parents now and they were a little shocked and just couldn't understand why I converted to Islam so I gave them a letter I wrote to them and all was explained and they understood but still a little mythed.

When they saw my Hijab, I told them that God told me to wear it and then after that I told them I am now Muslim.

I have been praying 5 times a day but when I'm at college I have to fit it round my lessons.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I live in Dorset in the UK.
    assalamu alaikum

snap! I am in Weymouth at the mo although I have to divide my time between here and London. Muslims are a bit thin on the ground here in the South West, I do know an English couple near Yeovil, and there are some good sisters in Southampton masha'Allah an excellent study circle there I believe.

well alhamdulillah your parents know now it must be a relief?

wassalam
    chat Quote

omar_2133's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Congratulations! You've reverted to your natural birthright! I'll repeat some of the advice iven to you by others in your situation:

• Show that you've changed your behaviour and attitude for the better before telling her, so that when you do tell her, she;ll realize it;s for the better
    • Stress that you haven't changed who you worship (i.e. God) and you still highly respect Jesus Christ as a Prophet in Islam
    • Tell her that the religion of Islam is nothing to do with terrosim, or anything that the media portrays it as, and that Islam is wrongfully thrown into the world's major politicial crises, and exploited an as excuse to commit hideous crimes, and that Islam condemns these
    • Pray to Allah, asking for Help and Guidance

Just remember, you've turned a new leaf, but you're still the same old self with a fresh new start and approach to life!

May God ease your circumstances, and guide you through this splendid time,

omar_2133
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Cool Re: New Convert to Islam

assalamu alaikum

snap! I am in Weymouth at the mo although I have to divide my time between here and London. Muslims are a bit thin on the ground here in the South West, I do know an English couple near Yeovil, and there are some good sisters in Southampton masha'Allah an excellent study circle there I believe.

well alhamdulillah your parents know now it must be a relief?

wassalam
    That is were I live, where you are at the mo.
    Yep Muslims are a little thin in the South West as there are no big citys that everyones knows. I do get a lot of looks from people in the town becuse I'm wearing a Hijab.

My parents are a little anioyed but I am happier but feel a little guilty as I've turned away from there faith but being Muslim is the right thing that I've done.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thanks for the advice Omar 2133.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

That is were I live, where you are at the mo.
    Yep Muslims are a little thin in the South West as there are no big citys that everyones knows. I do get a lot of looks from people in the town becuse I'm wearing a Hijab.

My parents are a little anioyed but I am happier but feel a little guilty as I've turned away from there faith but being Muslim is the right thing that I've done.
    wow alhamdulillah! so I might see you on the beach or at asda some day insha'Allah! I know what you mean about the looks, but I haven't found anyone to be really hostile mostly just curious or kind of shocked. My advice is to be confident and ignore the stares. smile and be friendly too, cos a lot of people are kind of scared of Muslims and think we are all fanatics who hate everyone non-Muslim. (obviously don't smile and be friendly too much with guys, who are terminally afflicted with 'she fancies me' delusions lol).

well I've been feeling like literally 'the only hijabi in the village' so I'm glad there's at least 2 of us now!

about your parents, maybe they brought you up with good values, and belief in God - so you should make it clear to them that you haven't rejected these values at all. Islam teaches us to live a moral life, and to worship God. as for hijab....how could a Christian possibly object to modesty? Hijab is dignity and self-respect alhamdulillah. Also remember that Allah ta'ala requires us to have unlimited patience and kindness with parents, although of course we do not obey them in anything displeasing to God.

salaam sister
    chat Quote

Intisar's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    ''By night it conceals the light, by day as it appears in Glory..'' -092.002-003
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Masha'Allah, Allah has truly guided you to the right path of Al-Islaam. To feel more welcomed in the Ummah, I suggest you go to Islamic functions and join an MSA (that is, if you're attending school). Try and find a place where you can learn how to read the Quran in Arabic so that you feel closer to Allah (SWT), and so you can pray. If you need a sister to talk to, I'm there for you and so are the other sisters on LI. Once you are admitted access to the sister's forum, you'll probably get addicted to this place - I have. Enjoy your stay, and may Allah make you steadfast in his deen, increase your imaan and make your transition in to his deen a smooth one.
    New Convert to Islam

*Acausal synchronicity*

Please make du'a for my mom and Dad.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

wow alhamdulillah! so I might see you on the beach or at asda some day insha'Allah! I know what you mean about the looks, but I haven't found anyone to be really hostile mostly just curious or kind of shocked. My advice is to be confident and ignore the stares. smile and be friendly too, cos a lot of people are kind of scared of Muslims and think we are all fanatics who hate everyone non-Muslim. (obviously don't smile and be friendly too much with guys, who are terminally afflicted with 'she fancies me' delusions lol).

well I've been feeling like literally 'the only hijabi in the village' so I'm glad there's at least 2 of us now!

about your parents, maybe they brought you up with good values, and belief in God - so you should make it clear to them that you haven't rejected these values at all. Islam teaches us to live a moral life, and to worship God. as for hijab....how could a Christian possibly object to modesty? Hijab is dignity and self-respect alhamdulillah. Also remember that Allah ta'ala requires us to have unlimited patience and kindness with parents, although of course we do not obey them in anything displeasing to God.

salaam sister

More like in ASDA or at Weymouth College.
    When ever I see a guy, my eyes goes on to the floor.
    The 1st evening I wore my Hijab outside my house, I got yelled at by some Wey Vally kids that live on my road but I just walked quickly on and igonor them. I've been on a bus full of them and most of them just look out of instrest and say nothing to me.
    At college there is a few lads that do winded me up but they did it when I was Christian too, so I just ignor them too. All my teachers and course friends are happy with me.

My parents are my ex-foster parents and I've known them for 15 years now. That is 3/4 of my life. They did bring me up on good values, unlike a lot of people my age. I did explain to them that I still believe in God but my views on Jesus (pbuh) is differant from them now. I do respected them as they are family to me. I'm going to not bring up my faith to much at family occations as I am now the odd one out, apart from my bother that does not believe in God at all. I will be happy if they don't question my faith after today. I have told them that I came take my Hijab off at there house if I want to.
    I feel happier and safer as a person when I'm out and about because I cover my body up from head to toe, with only my face and hands showing.

Allah (stw) is blessing me with courage, inerstrength, compation, inerpeace and selfcontol over myself.
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I feel happier and safer as a person when I'm out and about because I cover my body up from head to toe, with only my face and hands showing.

Allah (stw) is blessing me with courage, inerstrength, compation, inerpeace and selfcontol over myself.
    assalamu alaikum

I'm really happy for you sis, you are already getting so much benefit out of being a Muslim, may Allah swt continue to bless you and guide you.

I have some books you might like so feel free to drop in during the week. I will let you know my address in a private message.

chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! New Convert to Islam Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. New Convert to Islam