× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 45 visibility 5787

The 6 most unhealthy Foods you Should avoid at all Costs

Ghira's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

The 6 Most Unhealthy Foods You Should Avoid at All Costs
    by www.SixWise.com

Some people swear by the mantra "everything in moderation," but the truth is, some foods, no matter how good they taste, are better off left alone.

If you need a little motivation to stay away from these most unhealthy foods, consider that four of the 10 leading causes of death in the United States are related to diet (diabetes, heart disease, cancer and stroke). And if you're looking to improve yours, cutting back on these six foods is a great place to start.

1. Soda.

An average can of soda has 10 teaspoons of sugar, 150 calories, 30 to 55 mg of caffeine, artificial food colors and sulphites. Diet sodas have the even-more-unhealthy artificial sweeteners. A major part of the problem is that sodas have become a staple in many people's diets. A study in the journal Pediatrics found that 56 percent to 85 percent of children consume at least one soft drink a day, and 20 percent of adolescent males drink four or more sodas a day.

"Parents and health officials need to recognize soft drinks for what they are -- liquid candy -- and do everything they can to return those beverages to their former role as an occasional treat," says the Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI), a U.S. consumer group. In fact, CSPI has recently petitioned the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) calling for cigarette-style warnings on soft drinks to warn people of their potential health risks (weight gain, diabetes, tooth decay and more).

You knew it was coming ... French fries contain at least two types of cancer-causing compounds.

2. Potato chips and French fries.

These popular snack foods contain acrylamide, a known carcinogen and neurotoxin that is formed when foods are baked or fried at high temperatures. "I estimate that acrylamide causes several thousand cancers per year in Americans," said Clark University research professor Dale Hattis.

When CSPI conducted tests on some popular brands of French fries and chips, they found that the acrylamide in a large order of fast food fries was at least 300 times the amount allowed by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in a glass of water.

"There has long been reason for Americans to eat less greasy French fries and snack chips," said CSPI executive director Michael F. Jacobson. "Acrylamide is yet another reason to eat less of those foods."

An Up-and-Coming Absolute Worst Food ... Don't Try This at Home

This one wasn't popular enough to make the top-six list yet, but it's growing in popularity ... and growing fast. The deep-fried Twinkie, first invented in a Brooklyn restaurant by brothers Clint and Rocky Mullen, is making its rounds to country fairs and carnivals around the country.

Here's how they're made:

• Twinkies are chilled, rolled in flour, dipped in tempura batter and fried for a minute or two.

• The frying process melts the cream center, which becomes infused throughout the cake, giving it a pudding-like texture.

• For the finale, they're sprinkled with powdered sugar and served with chocolate or berry sauce.

If you're not into Twinkies, don't despair. The Mullen brothers also sell deep-fried candy bars--Snickers, 3 Musketeers and Milky Way--to suit even the most discerning tastes.

But that's not all. These foods also contain trans fats, the artery-clogging fat that's been linked to raising bad cholesterol (and lowering the good kind), and increasing the risk of heart disease, diabetes, stroke and cancer.

Doughnuts: A somehow tasty concoction of refined sugar, flour, trans fats and artificial flavors with zero nutritional value.

3. Doughnuts.

Tasty, yes. But break a doughnut down and you'll find nothing more than refined sugar and flour, artificial flavors and partially hydrogenated oil that's loaded with trans fats. They have no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

"When it comes to health, the only thing good about them is the hole," said Carla Wolper, nutritionist at the New York Obesity Research Center.

4. Coffee Cake and Other Baked Goods.

This category actually includes all varieties of baked goods, including packaged cake and biscuit mixes. What makes these foods so bad is that they almost always contain high amounts of trans fats and a host of other unsavory additives including corn syrup, preservatives and artificial flavors and colors. In fact, commercial baked goods typically contain more trans fats than any other food because not only are they often made with hydrogenated oils, they're fried in them too.

If you're not ready to give up your morning treat just yet, opt for baked goods from your local bakery (which is less likely to use hydrogenated oil for a long shelf-life and is likely to use butter instead of margarine, which typically contains trans fat) or make them yourself.

A hot dog now and then can be reasonably healthy if you seek out a nitrite/nitrate-free variety.

5. Luncheon Meats/Hot Dogs.

Processed meats like these (and others including sausages, bacon, pepperoni and other processed meats) contain a carcinogenic precursor ingredient known as sodium nitrite (sodium nitrate is closely related).

"Sodium nitrite is a dangerous, cancer-causing ingredient that has no place in the human food supply," says nutritionist Mike Adams, author of the Grocery Warning Manual.

And, according to a University of Hawaii study that followed nearly 200,000 people for seven years, people who consumed the most processed meats (hot dogs and sausage) showed a 67 percent increased risk of pancreatic cancer over those who consumed little or no meat products.

Here's some good news: you can find various varieties of nitrite/nitrate-free meats in any health food store.

6. Canned Soup.

Here we're talking about the traditional, canned soups you find in your grocery store. This may come as a surprise, but most canned (and packaged) soups have high levels of trans fats, sodium and artificial preservatives like MSG. Just one cup of canned soup can have almost 1,000 milligrams of salt (and most people eat more than one cup), which is tons considering dietary guidelines recommend consuming no more than 2,400 milligrams for the entire day.

There are healthy options out there, particularly natural, organic brands, but be sure to read the label. The alternative is, of course, to make your own homemade variety.

Ummah Films <----Watch and support

Kalamullah ----Excellent website

Understand Quran Easy way

"' al-Ilm Imamul 'amal"
    "Knowledge is the Imam of Action"
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    chacha_jalebi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: The 6 most unhealthy Foods you Should avoid at all Costs

i think personally eat what you want, but just exercise

works for me

Jaa-Ro-Nee-Mo!!!

"they ask you when will the help of Allah (swt) come! Certainly Allah (Swt) help is always near"

Surah al Baqarah v214

SMILE
    chat Quote

aadil77's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Well said bro^, I eat what ever tastes good (eg, burgers, chips,maryland fried chicken, hotdogs, donner kebab, pizza etc) then i just burn it off with a bit of exercise
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ thats the way

now take me out on a eatin spree

Jaa-Ro-Nee-Mo!!!

"they ask you when will the help of Allah (swt) come! Certainly Allah (Swt) help is always near"

Surah al Baqarah v214

SMILE
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    sabah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i feel bad now, ive just had a bag of crisps and they tasted soooooo good, i think ill go and have an orange and balance it out.kay:

thanks for the info
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

im drinkin fanta fruit twist lol and i can hear the snickers in the fridge callin me

lol but seriously guys we should try to exercise, like walk a bit, jump about, fly if you can lol

but exercise is good

hadhrat Umar ra, used to say "fat of the body is a obstacle" . . .

Jaa-Ro-Nee-Mo!!!

Surah al Baqarah v214

SMILE
    chat Quote

sabah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

[quote=chacha_jalebi;872683]im drinkin fanta fruit twist lol and i can hear the snickers in the fridge callin me

LOL DONT GIVE IN!!! think of how difficult it will be to tie your laces with an extra tyre around you

totaly agree with needing to exercise, ill start in summer inshaallah, its to cold now
    chat Quote

amille40's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Wow that whole list of bad food seems like the menu of my lunches at school! It it hard to eat healthy when the "vegetables" and "fruits" (yes I put them in quotes for a reason lol) are so old or badly cooked that its hard to eat!

I dont know who approves university menus....
    chat Quote

chosen's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

lost 100 pound eating a donut every morning for breakfast.. a plain donut only has 200 calories.. and when I allowed myself to have that little treat every day i never felt cheated so I was able to stick to my diet and eat healthy the rest of the day...slim for 4 years..
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Al_Imaan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

all that listed above is like my daily menu...with a little bit of more junk added to it......I'm fit but hardly ever exercise and eat any fruits or vegetables....i better start going to the gym....

wwwislamicboardcom - The 6 most unhealthy Foods you Should avoid at all Costs
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

moderation is the key, and to nothing in excess.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

now im not much for hot dogs but a polish sausage on a bun. Split downt the center with good melted cheese "nothing from a bottle" with lettuce, grilled onions and muchrooms with a bit of mayo and mustard.. YUM!!!

that and pigs in a blanket... oh i miss crossants...
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Excellent.
    Soilent Greens isnt on the list.
    I think Ill go help myself to some reight now
    chat Quote

HunterMan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Very good post Ghira,

This is what I'm trying to bring attention to, the lamentable state of nutrition amongst modern Muslims and the public in general. The semi organic materials you cited contain the two most awful substances you could possibly ingest, unnatural perverse twisted trans fats, and excessively high amounts of refined white sugar.

Unfortunately these abominations create such a negative impact on your body simple exercise wont necessarily rectify it. Those foods are deficient in nutrients which results in losing your bodies own sparse resources during those fake foods digestion. While many peoples concerns may just be about weight gain, in the longterm those fake food would have messed up your metabolism and hormonal system leading to inevitable sickness and weight gain. When you don't eat foods that help your body all you eat is foods that break down your skeleton, muscles, organs etc.

For those who read any of my links about the research of Dr. Weston Price would have seen first hand how those travesties of nature utterly destroy once beautiful and noble bodies and minds of traditional people.

Eat what Allah has created not what was manufactured by people whose main concern is profit not your health, inshallah we will be guided to do what is right, I hope we all can have the strength and knowledge to improve ourselves.
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Allaah subhanahu wa ta'ala has indeed commanded us to take care of our bodies.

jazakAllaahu khair for the article

Assalamu Alaikum

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -
    chat Quote

IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ have lotsa healthy food lol LOTS! you lucky lil dude you! you get to have tons of spinach and brocolli and what not. Just stay away from delicious burgers chickens and kebabs, wouldnt wanna be unhealthy now *falls off chair*

Assalamu Alaikum

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -
    chat Quote

Malaikah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Swimming with thermus aquaticus in Yellowstone National Park
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77 View Post
    Well said bro^, I eat what ever tastes good (eg, burgers, chips,maryland fried chicken, hotdogs, donner kebab, pizza etc) then i just burn it off with a bit of exercise

Umm... that might help you keep of the fat... but I don't see how it will protect against diabetes and high cholesterol?

Not that I can talk much... I eat all that stuff but don't exercise.

wwwislamicboardcom - The 6 most unhealthy Foods you Should avoid at all Costs
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

dear brother Iqram and all others,

You've raised an important point, what about those people who need to gain weight?

Well you must first consider what weight you would like to gain, do you want your weight increase to be a result of increasing deposits of lethargic adipose tissue (flabby old fat), or would you prefer the weight you gain to be a result of increasing muscular tissue, bone size and density and the growth of your essential organs (heart, lungs etc)?

If you specify which one you prefer I can give you some simple steps to achieve whatever goal you prefer, its quite simple and I would be more then happy to share my knowledge with you, but the decision is yours.
    chat Quote

Noor 13's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thanks for sharing this with us
    I think it is very important for us to take care of our bodies
    People just eat whatever they can grab and don't think about the impact of it
    I have a Soda once in a blue moon I never eat canned meat, I don't eat deep fried stuff and if I do I always make it myself. It does make a big difference. It gives me chills to see how bad peoples diets are. Especially as a doctor it makes me really upset to see youg children with diabetes because of the diet they have.
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Excellent choice Iqram, first of all I want to say that no matter what problem you have there is always more then one way to solve it, all you need is the knowledge and the will to apply it.

Lets first address the nutritional aspect, if your body is underdeveloped, I feel it is hardly a result of genetics, if your parents were extra lean and you are too, it is more coincidental since their diet reflects on a child's development, as Allah (SWT) created man perfectly able to overcome all the demands he or she would face in life it is not normal to be too over or under weight or to suffer from lack of stregnth, with that said to gain weight and total bodily strength you have to follow these simple rules:

1. Eat more calories then you expend, this is the most critical aspect in weight loss or gain.

2. Make sure you get an optimal amount of fat soluble activators to maximize protein and mineral absorption and utilization.

3. Fat soluble activators are the vitamins found in the fat portion of animal food, these vitamins include vitamin A, D and K.

4. So eat organ meats especially liver if you can handle it, as I have pointed out before liver and vitamin A are essential to building a strong foundation.

5. Fortunately if you cant handle organs there are many other sources of fat soluble vitamins, cream, butter, ghee, whole milk, fish and eggs.

6. Eating sufficient amounts of cholesterol and saturated fat will increase your natural testosterone and growth hormone levels which will facilitate muscle and bone development.

7. Mineral intake should be increased, I don't prefer supplements so try to get it from mineral water, milk and dairy and especially traditional home made bone broths which is an excellent source pf usable minerals, remember to have some fat with your minerals such as adding cream to your soup to guarantee complete mineral absorption.

8. Don't forget to get some extra vitamin D from sunshine, sunshine has many healthy properties and has been shown to greatly reduce your risk of getting cancer.

9. A person with a high metabolism should eat more carbs because eating high calorie fat foods can be filling without providing enough calories.

10. Never, Never eat junk food as it will completely derail any attempt to build a physique you can be thankful to Allah (SWT) for.

The next most important factor is sufficient bodily exertion, by doing hard work or exercise your nervous system will give the signal for bone and muscle formation.
    Focus on basic compound movements with heavy weights say six sets of six reps, to of those sets should be warm ups with half the weight you can handle for six reps.
    also if your new to exercising use lighter weights then you can handle for a few months to prepare your system and build neurological pathways, and make sure a qualified trainer helps you get started.

And finally make sure you get sufficient rest.

I hope this helps you guys inshallah, if you have anymore questions or comments feel free to ask.

chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! The 6 most unhealthy Foods you Should avoid at all Costs Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. The 6 most unhealthy Foods you Should avoid at all Costs