× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 39 visibility 6185

Women's brains are smaller

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

Assalamu alaikum.

I always used to wander why often women are less intelligent than men. Now I was reading in a magazine (or newspaper?) article that their brains are smaller. On average a man's brain weighs 1.25 kg while woman's brain is at most 100 grams or less. Obviously this is a modern discovery, but isn't it interesting our Prophet Muhammad (alaihi salatu wa salam) knew women are less intelligent 1400 years ago. He never cracked open any skulls and measured their brains, how did he know unless Allah told him?

Prophet Muhammad (alaihi salatu wa salam) said:
    "I have not seen anyone more deficient in intelligence and religion than you (women)."
    (Sahih Bukhari: Volume 1, Book 6, Number 301)

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Women's brains are smaller

format_quote Originally Posted by Talha777 View Post
    Assalamu alaikum.

I always used to wander why often women are less intelligent than men. Now I was reading in a magazine (or newspaper?) article that their brains are smaller. On average a man's brain weighs 1.25 kg while woman's brain is at most 100 grams or less. Obviously this is a modern discovery, but isn't it interesting our Prophet Muhammad (alaihi salatu wa salam) knew women are less intelligent 1400 years ago. He never cracked open any skulls and measured their brains, how did he know unless Allah told him?

Prophet Muhammad (alaihi salatu wa salam) said:
    "I have not seen anyone more deficient in intelligence and religion than you (women)."
    (Sahih Bukhari: Volume 1, Book 6, Number 301)
    More of you misogynistic attitudes?

I assume you still want to slap women who do not cover to your standard.

Hopefully some good Muslims will attack these messages of hate and intolerance.

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hopefully some good Muslims will attack these messages of hate and intolerance.
    This is not a message of hate, this is what our Prophet Muhammad (alaihi salatu wa salam) said and what modern science has discovered to be true. No "good" Muslim will attack the words of Prophet Muhammad (alaihi salatu wa salam), so don't hold your breath.

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Talha666,
    You just look for something to justify your misogynistic attitudes.

Did some girl in junior high smite you?

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Stay on topic please. Otherwise the admins will reign you in, insha Allah. I didn't make this thread to bash women, but to give a great proof of Islam.

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Stay on topic please. Otherwise the admins will reign you in, insha Allah. I didn't make this thread to bash women, but to give a great proof of Islam.
    But you see, if they delete my messages, they will surly delete your misogamist statements.

Malaikah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Swimming with thermus aquaticus in Yellowstone National Park
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

But women are smaller than men generally anyway! My dad was just laughing at how small my hands are compared to his- if his whole body is bigger than mine I would expect his brain to be too.

Unless the article said that the size of a brain is linked to intellect I don't think your conclusion is valid.
    Last edited by Malaikah; 12-26-2007 at 05:45 AM.

wwwislamicboardcom - Women's brains are smaller

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Size of brain is indeed related to intellect. That's why squirrels aren't as intelligent as humans. Now some of you might say, what about elephants and huge animals like that? You'll be surprised to know they have tiny brains, much smaller than ours.

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah View Post

But women are smaller than men generally anyway! My dad was just laughing at how small my hands are compared to his- if his whole body is bigger than mine I would expect his brain to be to.

Unless the article said that the size of a brain is linked to intellect I don't think your conclusion is valid.
    Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Don't break Talha's bubble.

He believes he is superior based on his gender.

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Do you have scientific proof for that?

Hate to sound arrogant but I'm much smarter than heaps of men who are much larger than me physically and presumable have bigger brains.

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I can understand why wilberhum is trying to derail my thread, but I dont know why our muslim sister malaikah is helping him.

truemuslim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    same as tupac........beneath u. under the dirt. lost inside the earth. left the spark 4 u, nd left
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Smile Re: Women's brains are smaller

format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum View Post
    Talha666,
    You just look for something to justify your misogynistic attitudes.

Did some girl in junior high smite you?

its talha777... i know u purposly did that...its one of those obvious things...btw y u always go ad act all meanish to all that islamic threads? anyway..

But women are smaller than men generally anyway! My dad was just laughing at how small my hands are compared to his- if his whole body is bigger than mine I would expect his brain to be too.

..... hmmm

I can understand why wilberhum is trying to derail my thread, but I dont know why our muslim sister malaikah is helping him.

true...

im not tho... i don't mind that my brain is smaller than urs...doesnt mean u kno more... prolly yes tho cuz u older but still i know more than wilberhum... he dont know islam... meaning my brain is bigger than his...no off.... im juss a bit offended... i just dont mind tho... cuz im "truemuslim" lol

H@fiz Aziz's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

men might have a larger brain then women but just know women are smarter then us cause we dont pay attention anymore talha. I mean most of us boys dont admit it.

Kalimah Taiyyab Declaration of Faith

Laa ilaaha illa-llahoo Muhammadur-Rasool-ullah

"There Is no diety except Allaah. Muhammad (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam) is the Messenger of Allaah."

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    same as tupac........beneath u. under the dirt. lost inside the earth. left the spark 4 u, nd left
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^^^ we muslims are all the same...

mostly...

18. Report bad ads?
    syilla's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    save $ 4 hajj
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Please don't try to translate a hadith literally if you are not a scholar

heart 1 - Women's brains are smaller

25:36 And the true servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk the earth with humility and when the ignorant address them, they respond with words of peace.

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I'm asking you to prove your claim that larger brains makes a person more intellegant. I don't understand how this is derailing your thread. This is the claim you made, this is the whole point of the thread.

Did the article you read say that larger brains makes a person smarter? Or are you just assuming this?

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I'm asking you to prove your claim that larger brains makes a person more intellegant. I don't understand how this is derailing your thread. This is the claim you made, this is the whole point of the thread.

Did the article you read say that larger brains makes a person smarter? Or are you just assuming this?

Who cares...we all know that it dont matter how big u brain is or how small... we all smart...

rite?

syilla's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    save $ 4 hajj
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Prophet (pbuh) informed us that the woman is "Deficient in her intelligence." 1 , he did not meant it to be a belittlement of women, however what he was illustrating to us is how to deal with a woman. The most miserable man is the one who whenever a dispute occurs between him and his wife he says to her, "let's leave off emotions and deal with the issue based on intelligence." What does it mean that she is "Deficient in her intelligence?" That is, her intelligence is deficient in comparison to her emotions, for her emotions are very strong. So you men are deficient in emotions. You have full intellect because intelligence is something that is relative. The woman is deficient in her intelligence and the man is deficient in his emotions. So Allaah created males with faculties that suits his being and He created females with faculties that suits her nature. This is why both spouses would not obtain amicability until they both return to the deen of Allaah, and that they both know their rights in the deen of Allaah.
    taken from

http://www.islamicboard.com/miscella...-marriage.html

after this...there will be 'ibn' brothers warned the others for opening this kind of thread... :X
    Last edited by syilla; 12-26-2007 at 06:31 AM.

heart 1 - Women's brains are smaller

25:36 And the true servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk the earth with humility and when the ignorant address them, they respond with words of peace.

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Good, you understand that I find misogamy disgusting.

What makes you think Malaikah is helping me?
    She asks you to justify your statements.

Admittedly you facts are true, but your conclusions are wrong.

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim View Post
    Who cares...we all know that it dont matter how big u brain is or how small... we all smart...

I am personally interested to know whether the size of a persons brain makes them smarter or not. Talha made the claim, I want to know if he is just saying it or if this is scientifically established.

It is a point of interest to me.

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Women's brains are smaller Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Women's brains are smaller