× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 38 visibility 4915

Won't you write this idiot at NASA?

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio
    Report bad ads?

[email protected]

In the far courtyard one sees the Ka'ba, a large marble structure containing the Black Stone, worshiped by Mohammed's followers as having fallen from Heaven (it is actually a dark meteorite). This IKONOS image shows the Mosque and the rectangular structure, around which the people circulate.
    http://rst.gsfc.nasa.gov/Sect6/Sect6_13a.html

I hope a large number of you will become vocal and write the a$$h**es at Nasa.gov, if this is actually their site and not some hijacked address.
    That Muslims don't worship a blackstone, follow Mohammed nor can they prove that the black stone is a metorite, I am not aware that Saudi Arabia has let kuffar desecrate al masjid al haram to run their tests on the stone's composition.
    tell them to stop propogating the bull on the net, it is enough they have fox news.

thank you and jazakoum Allah khyran
    I hope a few of you will write so it isn't just me..

I got a failed delivery just now for the email I wrote
    The following message to <[email protected]> was undeliverable.
    The reason for the problem:
    5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'5.1.1 <[email protected]>... User unknown'

Received: from backserv.gsfc.nasa.gov ([128.183.8.69])
    by monitor1.gsfc.nasa.gov with ESMTP; 27 Dec 2007 01:34:31 -0500
    Received: from backserv.gsfc.nasa.gov ([128.183.8.69])
    by monitor1.gsfc.nasa.gov with ESMTP; 27 Dec 2007 01:34:31 -0500
    Received: from imo-m26.mx.aol.com (imo-m26.mx.aol.com [64.12.137.7])
    by backserv.gsfc.nasa.gov (8.13.7/8.13.6) with ESMTP id lBR6YUAn021734
    for <[email protected]>; Thu, 27 Dec 2007 01:34:30 -0500
    Received: from
    by imo-m26.mx.aol.com (mail_out_v38_r9.3.) id 3.cbe.1c5adf6d (41809)
    for <[email protected]>; Thu, 27 Dec 2007 01:34:25 -0500 (EST)
    Message-ID: <[email protected]>
    Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 01:34:25 EST
    Subject: where do you get your info from?
    To: [email protected]
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="-----------------------------1198737265"
    X-Mailer: Unknown sub 34
    X-Spam-Flag: NO
    X-Virus-Scanned: ClamAV version 0.88.4, clamav-milter version 0.88.4 on localhost
    X-Virus-Status: Clean

I am so angry you guys, after the huge email I composed, a supposed Govt. website has this sort of bull **** presented as facts.
    Astghfor Allah al3li il3atheem
    Last edited by Muezzin; 12-27-2007 at 07:50 PM. Reason: merged multiple posts

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Won't you write this idiot at NASA?

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    shible's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    wat to Say?
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio
    May be we need to find some pro hackers who would help us in sending the mail

i think they planned it in such a way that we first need to become a member to drop even a mail

it is all written by some nowise guy. who knew nothing abt ISLAM. and this is just a publication which can be editted only by the owners and for any suggestion we need to be either a direct or indirect member of this site

maybe u should try to mail to this address

[email protected] <[email protected]> for the website management

or

Direct any questions concerning Tutorial Content to the Primary Author: Nicholas M. Short, Sr. email: [email protected]
    Last edited by Muezzin; 12-27-2007 at 07:48 PM. Reason: merged multiple posts

chat Quote

Muezzin's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Bat-Mod
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Won't you write this idiot at NASA?

By all means, write in, but do be polite please. Otherwise yet another stereotype will be reinforced and... it would just be plain rude.
    chat Quote

MartyrX's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

When I get home I'll do some investigation on the site and email address. I don't want to do any of that from work.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Trumble's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Buddhist
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Before anyone gets too worked up about "the a$$h**es at Nasa" I've seen plenty of comments presented as fact on these boards regarding religions other than Islam (and indeed astronomy!) that are just as ignorant.

A polite e-mail should do the trick, and I'm sure they will correct it. :sunny:
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

which boards his or LI? I have written him a very polite email yesterday with this in it

The material of the Black Stone has not been precisely determined. It is sometimes classified as lava and sometimes as basalt. The reason for this difficulty is that its visible surface is worn smooth by hand-touching, etc.1 Its estimated diameter is approximately 12″2. Its colour is reddish black with red and yellow particles.

It is reported that when the Prophet Muhammad (P) entered Mecca as a victorious leader, there were 360 idols around the Ka`abah3. The Prophet(P) then had the Forbidden Sanctuary (the precinct around the Ka`abah proper) cleansed of all these idols and proclaimed Monotheism in its true, most elevated and pristine form. Thus saying that “Muslims worship the Black Stone as an idol” is clearly the most absurd thing ever pronounced in the history of mankind.

From a physical perspective, therefore, the Black Stone does not have any special significance or importance. Umar(R), later to become the second Caliph of Islam, is reported to have said that he fully realized that the Black Stone was merely a stone and thus had no power of its own to harm or benefit anyone4.

As for the reasons as to why we have the Black Stone in the wall of the Ka`abah, we read about the following reasons, that

(a) it symbolizes the starting-point during the circumambulation of the Ka`abah, thus facilitating the remembrance of the number of circumambulations.
    (b) at this point, the Muslims, who are close to the Ka`abah (during their circumambulation) touch the stone, while those who are away from it, raise their hands towards it, symbolizing the renewal of their pledge of allegiance with the Lord of the Ka`abah. In this symbolic expression, the Black Stone is taken as a symbol of an oath on the hand of God.5

Refer, for example, to the profile sketch of the Black Stone given by Ali Bey: Travels, Vol. ii (London 1816), p. 76, to note its surface hollowed out in undulations. [back]
    See al-Batanuni, al-Rihla al-Haziah, Cairo (1329 AH), p. 105 [back]
    See Sahih Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 59, Number 583 (Muhsin Khan’s tr.) [back]
    See this statement in various narratives, such as: Sahih Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 26, Numbers 667, 675 (Muhsin Khan’s tr.); Sahih Muslim, Book 007, Number 2914 (Abdul Hamid Siddiqui’s tr.); Sunan an-Nasa’i (Arabic version), Vol. ii, p. 38, etc. [back]
    See the details of this point in M. Hamidullah, Introduction to Islam, paragraph 181/a, Karachi 1969 [back
    which I had gotten from the web, asking him to correct the misinformation, but the email was returned undelivered.
    I wonder if his is a legtimate govt. website? since handing out misinformation would carry a huge liability. This isn't a blog, or some random hate mongor website I'd have ignored it!

cheers

If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Won't you write this idiot at NASA?

chat Quote

Ninth_Scribe's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia View Post
    I hope a large number of you will become vocal and write the a$$h**es at Nasa.gov, if this is actually their site and not some hijacked address. That Muslims don't worship a blackstone, follow Mohammed nor can they prove that the black stone is a metorite, I am not aware that Saudi Arabia has let kuffar desecrate al masjid al haram to run their tests on the stone's composition. tell them to stop propogating the bull on the net, it is enough they have fox news.
    You Go Girl - I love it when you get fired up!!! I get like that myself

It seems silly to have to remind cientists of the rule: to ASSUME makes an ASS of U and ME (ASS-U-ME). Besides (correct me if I'm wrong), but wasn't it Muhammed who said it was just a rock? Will try to access email accounts, but they're probably just old addies that have been closed. I have the same problem when I try to respond to university publications. The email accounts that are on the publications are almost always obsolete.

Great to see you back on the forum

The Ninth Scribe

wwwislamicboardcom - Won't you write this idiot at NASA?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

scriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiibe so good to see YOU. I feel insta happiness, how have you been? was just thinking of you..

I am really glad to see you back..

peace!

chat Quote

H@fiz Aziz's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

calm down?

Kalimah Taiyyab Declaration of Faith

Laa ilaaha illa-llahoo Muhammadur-Rasool-ullah

"There Is no diety except Allaah. Muhammad (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam) is the Messenger of Allaah."
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    *WhisSPeR...*'s Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

LOL..

subhanallah..we worship only one god, and believe Muhammed was his messenger.

where do these people get their knowledge from?
    chat Quote

MuslimWays's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by *WhisSPeR...* View Post
    LOL..

probably from the most knowledgeable person they know... George W. Bush.

wwwislamicboardcom - Won't you write this idiot at NASA?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by *WhisSPeR...* View Post
    LOL..

Fox news probably.
    chat Quote

Keltoi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Whoever wrote this was probably mixing the pre-Islamic history of the Ka'ba with its present Islamic function.

"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is."
    chat Quote

Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

their home page is a bit odd. It does not look like anything "Officially" NASA

NOTICE 1:

BECAUSE OF A MIX-UP IN RECORD KEEPING, MANY OF THE IMAGES, PHOTOS, AND ILLUSTRATIONS IN THE TUTORIAL THAT ARE NOT IN THE PUBLIC DOMAIN MAY NOT BE CREDITED, OR IF SO, ARE NOT PROPERLY CREDITED. IF YOU ARE THE SOURCE OF ANY SUCH ILLUSTRATIONS AND YOU WISH TO HAVE YOUR DESIRED CREDIT (NAME, ORGANIZATION, ETC.) APPLIED TO THE IMAGE(S), OR YOU CHOOSE NOT TO HAVE THE ILLUSTRATION(S) USED IN THIS TUTORIAL, PLEASE NOTIFY THE WRITER, NICHOLAS M. SHORT, AT THE EMAIL ADDRESS GIVEN NEAR THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE. SEE ALSO THE WHAT'S NEW PAGE IN THE 'FRONT' FOLDER.

NOTICE 2:
    OWING TO LACK OF FUNDING AND MANPOWER, THE INTERNET VERSION OF THIS TUTORIAL WILL ONLY OCCASIONALLY (ABOUT FOUR TIMES A MONTH) BE UPDATED, UPGRADED, AND ENRICHED WITH NEW ILLUSTRATIONS. HOWEVER, THE CD-ROM VERSION (see below) WILL CONTINUE TO BE EXPANDED IN MISSION COVERAGE AND UPDATED WITH ADDITIONAL VISUAL MATERIALS ALOST DAILY SO THAT PURCHASERS WILL ALWAYS GET THE "LATEST" EDITION.

NOTICE 3:
    Since its inception, the tutorial has been constructed for screen display at 800 x 600 pixels. In recent years, an increasing fraction of those who access it have set their screen display at a higher resolution. The result is that the illustrations, which are properly sized at the lower resolution, become notably smaller (often making wording unreadable). If you have a higher resolution display and the size decrease is a hindrance, we suggest that you reset resolution to the 800 x 600 pixel level.

THE PIT IMAGE PROCESSING PROGRAM IS NOW AVAILABLE ON THE CD-ROM VERSION.

The latest images from the Mars Exploration Rovers and the Cassini-Huygens spacecraft around Saturn are kept as current as possible.

CAVEAT EMPTOR: A Company called World Spaceflight News is now marketing a version of this Tutorial through both their Web Site and Amazon.com, based on the freedom of usage provision of the Public Domain Law. While this is acceptable to the developers of this present Web Site and of the CD-ROM we make available, please be advised that the WSN version will likely not be as up-to-date as the CD-ROM offered from this site. You can recognize thIS other version by their Cover Page:
    Source:http://rst.gsfc.nasa.gov/Homepage/Homepage.html

Herman 1 - Won't you write this idiot at NASA?

chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    islamic's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It's not really NASA, it's only anti-Islamic site to make people think it's from NASA and to not see the truth, or . . to not see the lie written by them.
    chat Quote

truemuslim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    same as tupac........beneath u. under the dirt. lost inside the earth. left the spark 4 u, nd left
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by JeffX View Post
    Fox news probably.
    werent u non-muslim?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim View Post
    werent u non-muslim?
    I was undisclosed for awhile.
    chat Quote

snakelegs's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

are you allowed to use ___.gov in you're url if you're not a gov't agency?
    it does look pretty strange.

each man thinks of his own fleas as gazelles
    question authority
    image06 1 - Won't you write this idiot at NASA?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I would think not, but it's always possible theres some sort of work around to everything. I'll keep doing checks on the site, but haven't really found anything useful yet.
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    Keltoi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Well, I would say it seems fairly clear that this site isn't "officially" NASA.

"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is."
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Won't you write this idiot at NASA? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Won't you write this idiot at NASA?