Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salvation in islam

Report bad ads?

Hello all!

About 2 months ago a man asked me to study the science of the hadiths. So, on and off I have been studying it!

I guess there is a category of the hadiths called "Mutawatir", which are hadiths narrated by more then one person, so it is rare that they were made up and such.

So on al-islam.com(I think the saudi government site) there is a section with a list of these hadiths. One of them is this one..

'Ubadah bin Al-Samit, may Allah be pleased with him, reported:
    Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) observed: He who says: There is no god but Allah, He is One and there is no associate with Him, that Muhammad is His servant and His messenger, that Christ is His servant and the son of His female-slave and he (Christ) is His word which He communicated to Mary and is a spirit from Him, that Paradise is a fact and Hell is a fact, Allah would make him enter Paradise through anyone of its eight doors which he would like.
    Muslim # 41
    &
    Anas bin Malik, may Allah be pleased with him, reported:
    Allah's Prophet (may peace and blessings be upon him) addressed Mu'adh bin Jabal as he was riding behind him: O Mu'adh. He replied: At your beck and call, and at your pleasure, Messenger of Allah. He again called out: Mu'adh, to which he (again) replied: At your beck and call, and at your pleasure. He (the Holy Prophet) addressed him (again): Mu'adh, to which he replied: At your beck and call, and at your pleasure, Messenger of Allah. Upon this he (the Holy Prophet) observed: If anyone testifies (sincerely from his heart) that there is no god but Allah, and that Muhammad is His bondsman and His messenger, Allah immunizes him from Hell. He then added: I asked the Messenger of Allah: should I then give the tiding to the people? He the Holy Prophet said: Do not tell them this good news, for they would depend on this alone.
    Muslim # 47
    So what these two nice hadiths seem to intend, is that anyone muslim can go to heaven, even if they do sin and such.

So my question is: Is this an islamic belief, that as long as you have iman in allah you will eventually reach jannah? Or do some muslims go to eternal hell as well?

I have always thought that those who commit zina, and drink, and all other haram things, and did it KNOWING that they were sinning, and missing their prayers, would be in eternal hell in islam. But this hadith(to me at least, unless I have it wrong) seems to say that anyone with iman can go to jannah.

So I was just wondering about this, as I do not want to make any assumptions without asking muslims their views.

Thanks!
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Salvation in islam

Not only that, but
    The Prophet said, Gabriel came to me and gave me the glad tidings that anyone who died without worshipping anything besides Allah, would enter Paradise. I asked (Gabriel), ‘Even if he committed theft, and even if he committed illegal sexual intercourse?’ He said, ‘(Yes), even if he committed theft, and even if he Committed illegal sexual intercourse.” (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 9, Book 93, Number 579)

I came to the Prophet while he was wearing white clothes and sleeping. Then I went back to him again after he had got up from his sleep. He said, “Nobody says: ‘None has the right to be worshipped but Allah’ and then later on he dies while believing in that, except that he will enter Paradise.” I said, “Even It he had committed illegal sexual intercourse and theft.” I said, “Even if he had committed illegal sexual intercourse and theft? He said. “Even If he had committed illegal sexual intercourse and theft.” I said, “Even it he had committed illegal sexual intercourse and thefts.” He said, “Even If he had committed Illegal sexual intercourse and theft, in spite of Abu Dharr’s dislikeness. Abu ‘Abdullah said, “This is at the time of death or before it if one repents and regrets and says ‘None has the right to be worshipped but Allah’, he will be forgiven his sins.” (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 72, Number 717)
    So do these intend that all Muslims go to paradise eventually?
    chat Quote

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I believe what you should gather from all of this, is that the intent is what will lead to a particular outcome..

a person can fool all people with piety and good deeds and charity, but inside is a hypocrite a regular tartuffe, can I tell? can you tell? can anyone draw information on the intent of a man based on hadiths and the Quran? if it were that easy there would be no need for judgement.

Yes, God forgives all sins save for two..
    and yes, his punishment is severe!

Again, it isn't us who know and I'll reference you to this verse:

74: 30 ------------وَمَا يَعْلَمُ جُنُودَ رَبِّكَ إِلَّا هُوَ --------------

---None knoweth the hosts of thy Lord save Him---

peace!
    Salvation in islam

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Salvation in islam

chat Quote

Z-Blade's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by thirdwatch512 View Post
    Not only that, but

So do these intend that all Muslims go to paradise eventually?
    Hello,

If done with the proper intention, you really will be immunized from hell as you would have changed your perception on life and will be doing everything for Allah.

As for your question, you are correct:

Quran 21:47

Hadith Bukhari vol 1 book 2 hadith 021,
    The Prophet Said," When the people of Paradise will enter Paradise and the people of Hell will go to Hell, Allah(swt) will order those who have the faith equal to the weight of a grain of Mustard seed to be taken out from Hell. So they will be taken out but they will be blackened. Then they will be put into the river of Haya'or Hayat, and they will revive like a grain that grows near the bank of a flood channel. Do you see that it comes out yellow and twisted."

Bukhari Vol ( , Book 93
    TThe Prophet Said," On the Day of Resurrection I will intercede and say, "O my Lord! Admit into Paradise(even) those who have faith equal to a Mustard seed in their heats." Such people will enter Paradise, and then I will say,'O Allah admit into Paradise even those who have the least amount of faith in their hearts."

Bukhari Hadith 042, Vol 1 Book2
    Bukhari Hadith 559 Vol 3 Book 40
    Bukhari Hadith 532B vol (, Book 93

Hope that helps.

Peace out.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Sorry, that wasn't a full answer, here's a very good hadith explaining intercession in Islam:

Volumn 009, Book 093, Hadith Number 601.
    -----------------------------------------
    Narated By Ma'bad bin Hilal Al'Anzi : We, i.e., some people from Basra gathered and went to Anas bin Malik, and we went in company with Thabit Al-Bunnani so that he might ask him about the Hadith of Intercession on our behalf. Behold, Anas was in his palace, and our arrival coincided with his Duha prayer. We asked permission to enter and he admitted us while he was sitting on his bed. We said to Thabit, "Do not ask him about anything else first but the Hadith of Intercession." He said, "O Abu Hamza! There are your brethren from Basra coming to ask you about the Hadith of Intercession." Anas then said, "Muhammad talked to us saying, 'On the Day of Resurrection the people will surge with each other like waves, and then they will come to Adam and say, 'Please intercede for us with your Lord.' He will say, 'I am not fit for that but you'd better go to Abraham as he is the Khalil of the Beneficent.' They will go to Abraham and he will say, 'I am not fit for that, but you'd better go to Moses as he is the one to whom Allah spoke directly.' So they will go to Moses and he will say, 'I am not fit for that, but you'd better go to Jesus as he is a soul created by Allah and His Word.' (Be: And it was) they will go to Jesus and he will say, 'I am not fit for that, but you'd better go to Muhammad.'

They would come to me and I would say, 'I am for that.' Then I will ask for my Lord's permission, and it will be given, and then He will inspire me to praise Him with such praises as I do not know now. So I will praise Him with those praises and will fall down, prostrate before Him. Then it will be said, 'O Muhammad, raise your head and speak, for you will be listened to; and ask, for your will be granted (your request); and intercede, for your intercession will be accepted.' I will say, 'O Lord, my followers! My followers!' And then it will be said, 'Go and take out of Hell (Fire) all those who have faith in their hearts, equal to the weight of a barley grain.' I will go and do so and return to praise Him with the same praises, and fall down (prostrate) before Him. Then it will be said, 'O Muhammad, raise your head and speak, for you will be listened to, and ask, for you will be granted (your request); and intercede, for your intercession will be accepted.' I will say, 'O Lord, my followers! My followers!' It will be said, 'Go and take out of it all those who have faith in their hearts equal to the weight of a small ant or a mustard seed.' I will go and do so and return to praise Him with the same praises, and fall down in prostration before Him. It will be said, 'O, Muhammad, raise your head and speak, for you will be listened to, and ask, for you will be granted (your request); and intercede, for your intercession will be accepted.' I will say, 'O Lord, my followers!' Then He will say, 'Go and take out (all those) in whose hearts there is faith even to the lightest, lightest mustard seed. (Take them) out of the Fire.' I will go and do so."'

When we left Anas, I said to some of my companions, "Let's pass by Al-Hasan who is hiding himself in the house of Abi Khalifa and request him to tell us what Anas bin Malik has told us." So we went to him and we greeted him and he admitted us. We said to him, "O Abu Said! We came to you from your brother Anas Bin Malik and he related to us a Hadith about the intercession the like of which I have never heard." He said, "What is that?" Then we told him of the Hadith and said, "He stopped at this point (of the Hadith)." He said, "What then?" We said, "He did not add anything to that." He said, Anas related the Hadith to me twenty years ago when he was a young fellow. I don't know whether he forgot or if he did not like to let you depend on what he might have said." We said, "O Abu Said ! Let us know that." He smiled and said, "Man was created hasty. I did not mention that, but that I wanted to inform you of it.

Anas told me the same as he told you and said that the Prophet added, 'I then return for a fourth time and praise Him similarly and prostrate before Him me the same as he 'O Muhammad, raise your head and speak, for you will be listened to; and ask, for you will be granted (your request): and intercede, for your intercession will be accepted.' I will say, 'O Lord, allow me to intercede for whoever said, 'None has the right to be worshiped except Allah.' Then Allah will say, 'By my Power, and my Majesty, and by My Supremacy, and by My Greatness, I will take out of Hell (Fire) whoever said: 'None has the right to be worshipped except Allah.'"

Peace out.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hello, thanks for the response! Might i ask, are those mutuwar hadith, and do they have good isnads? Just wondering to see!

Thanks!
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    it's all about LOVE!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hello, thanks for the response! Might i ask, are those mutuwar hadith, and do they have good isnads? Just wondering to see!

Thanks!
    All the hadiths posted by Z-blade above are from Sahih (correct) Bukhari. Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslim Hadiths are all authentic and accepted. Both books only contain hadiths with strong Isnad which makes them Sahi therefore they only contain Sahih Hadiths hence the name Sahih before both books.
    Salvation in islam

Ward the Pirate - Muslim Warrior of the Sea
    "Go tell the King of England, go tell him this from me,
    If he reign king of all the land, I will reign king at sea."

The Great Dive
    Shaikh Abdul Hakim Murad aka Dr Tim Winters
    Bs53AicCAAACVpFsmall - Salvation in islam
    chat Quote

anatolian's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Accordng to the faith of Ahli Sunnah wa al-Jamaah the one who professes the Islamic faith creed and dies on this goes to the paradise evantually.

But it is interesting that Saudi arabia's official web-site shows you these hadiths but teaches you otherwise wich is that If you break any of the 5 pillars you get out of Islam.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian View Post
    Accordng to the faith of Ahli Sunnah wa al-Jamaah the one who professes the Islamic faith creed and dies on this goes to the paradise evantually.

But it is interesting that Saudi arabia's official web-site shows you these hadiths but teaches you otherwise wich is that If you break any of the 5 pillars you get out of Islam.

Indeed, it is not about not fulfilling any of the 5 pillars (though this counts as a major sin), but rather disbelieving and rejecting it. This makes one into a kafir.

Wassalam.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

hey, is this anatolian from CF? If so, hi! I am francais on CF. If not, well still hey!

Anyways yeah, that is why it seemed confusing to me. Like these Hadiths are clear that any Muslim believer would get into Jannah according to Islamic beliefs. And most Muslims I have talked to affirm this. But then you have those like some Saudi's that say it is not true!
    chat Quote

Malaikah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Swimming with thermus aquaticus in Yellowstone National Park
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I guess there is a category of the hadiths called "Mutawatir", which are hadiths narrated by more then one person, so it is rare that they were made up and such.
    Hi,

First off, this definitin of mutawatir hadith is incorrect. Mutawatir hadiths are those that are narrated by so many people that it is impossible for them to have agreed upon a lie.

So my question is: Is this an islamic belief, that as long as you have iman in allah you will eventually reach jannah? Or do some muslims go to eternal hell as well?
    Yes, all Muslims will eventually go to Paradise, regardless of what sin they commit.

I have always thought that those who commit zina, and drink, and all other haram things, and did it KNOWING that they were sinning, and missing their prayers, would be in eternal hell in islam. But this hadith(to me at least, unless I have it wrong) seems to say that anyone with iman can go to jannah.
    Yes, that is correct, all Muslims will go to Paradise. Some will enter it without being punished in hell first. Others, who were not forgiven for their sins, must stay in hell for some time before they can enter Paradise.

The duration of time spent by a person in hell depends on the number of unforgiven sins they have.

(Except for what you have mentioned about prayer- there is a difference of opinion. Many scholars are of the opinion that a person who does not pray is not a Muslim and therefore will stay in hell forever.)

Firstly, Saudi Arabia is only a country and it is the scholars who come up with those rulings, and scholars differ in their opinion. Secondly it isn't only Saudi scholars who follow that opinion, and thirdly the opinion that breaking any of the five pillars does not contradict these hadiths at all.
    Salvation in islam

wwwislamicboardcom - Salvation in islam
    chat Quote

syilla's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    save $ 4 hajj
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Just one question. Eventhough muslims will eventually enter paradise but every muslims should be afraid of being one of the munafiq or shirk right?

And a munafiq or someone who is shirk will not enter paradise?

oops sorry two questions actually.
    Salvation in islam

heart 1 - Salvation in islam

25:36 And the true servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk the earth with humility and when the ignorant address them, they respond with words of peace.
    chat Quote

taybe smiler's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

وَإِذَا رَأَيْتَهُمْ تُعْجِبُكَ أَجْسَامُهُمْ وَإِنْ يَقُولُوا تَسْمَعْ لِقَوْلِهِمْ كَأَنَّهُمْ خُشُبٌ مُسَنَّدَةٌ يَحْسَبُونَ كُلَّ صَيْحَةٍ عَلَيْهِمْ هُمْ الْعَدُوُّ فَاحْذَرْهُمْ قَاتَلَهُمْ اللَّهُ أَنَّى يُؤْفَكُونَ
    chat Quote

taybe smiler's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by taybe smiler View Post

سورة المنافقون ايه 4

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
    وَإِذَا رَأَيْتَهُمْ تُعْجِبُكَ أَجْسَامُهُمْ وَإِنْ يَقُولُوا تَسْمَعْ لِقَوْلِهِمْ كَأَنَّهُمْ خُشُبٌ مُسَنَّدَةٌ يَحْسَبُونَ كُلَّ صَيْحَةٍ عَلَيْهِمْ هُمْ الْعَدُوُّ فَاحْذَرْهُمْ قَاتَلَهُمْ اللَّهُ أَنَّى يُؤْفَكُونَ
    :smile:
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

hey, is this anatolian from CF? If so, hi! I am francais on CF. If not, well still hey!
    Wa Alaykum Salam.Yes same anotolian.

Anyways yeah, that is why it seemed confusing to me. Like these Hadiths are clear that any Muslim believer would get into Jannah according to Islamic beliefs. And most Muslims I have talked to affirm this. But then you have those like some Saudi's that say it is not true!
    This is because of their ****** understanding.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah View Post
    Firstly, Saudi Arabia is only a country and it is the scholars who come up with those rulings, and scholars differ in their opinion. Secondly it isn't only Saudi scholars who follow that opinion, and thirdly the opinion that breaking any of the five pillars does not contradict these hadiths at all.
    Salam Aleykum.I know that Saudi Arabia is a country,I mean those wah-habi scholars of Saudi arabia and the others no matter which country they live in.They call muslims kaafir who miss one of the five pillars,as far as I know..And we know that calling a muslim kafir makes the accuser a kafir!!!

"and thirdly the opinion that breaking any of the five pillars does not contradict these hadiths at all" Sorry but I couldn't understand this...
    chat Quote

snakelegs's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

LOL. "wah-habi" is forbiden to type?
    the politically correct term here is "salafi"
    Salvation in islam

each man thinks of his own fleas as gazelles
    question authority
    image06 1 - Salvation in islam
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

This is because of their ****** understanding.
    Here I say "wah-habi"
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs View Post
    the politically correct term here is "salafi"
    But they have different meanings..
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    chacha_jalebi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

salaam

1st of all the term "w-ahabbi" is a self made term by some people, its after sheikh abdul wahab who came and taught the true islaam and what does it mean wahab = 1 of Allah (swt) names and it means bestower, so by calling someone a w-habi your not insulting them your just callin them a bestower, and lets just say a bestower of the true deen eh because sheikh Abdul wahabs teachings were the true islaam

also Allah hu Alim, who goes jannah and jahannam, i think the hadiths just show how important it is to believe in the shahada there are several hadiths about the shahada, but just because if we believe it, then we shouldnt just give up doing stuff, we should pray our salaah and fast and give zakaah

Salam Aleykum.I know that Saudi Arabia is a country,I mean those wah-habi scholars of Saudi arabia and the others no matter which country they live in.They call muslims kaafir who miss one of the five pillars,as far as I know..And we know that calling a muslim kafir makes the accuser a kafir!!!
    lol always blame the saudis eh

some hadiths of RasoolAllah (sal Allah hu aleyhi wasalam) to clarify it up, that if you do break some pillars then . . . .

Buraidah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "That which differentiates us from the disbelievers and hypocrites is our performance of Salat. He who abandons it, becomes a disbeliever.''[At-Tirmidhi]

Shaqiq bin `Abdullah reported: The Companions of the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) did not consider the abandonment of any action as disbelief except neglecting Salat.[At-Tirmidhi]

Jabir (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Between a man and disbelief and paganism is the abandonment of Salat (prayer).''
    [Muslim]
    Last edited by chacha_jalebi; 01-22-2008 at 11:02 PM.
    Salvation in islam

Jaa-Ro-Nee-Mo!!!

"they ask you when will the help of Allah (swt) come! Certainly Allah (Swt) help is always near"

Surah al Baqarah v214

SMILE
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! Salvation in islam Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Salvation in islam