× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 12 of 12 visibility 2159

Don't attack Malaysia...

north_malaysian's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Don't attack Malaysia...

Report bad ads?

Zainuddin Maidin tells Indonesian media not to 'attack' Malaysia

KUTA (Bali): The Malaysian mass media will not allow Indonesian opposition parties the opportunity to run down its government and Malaysia hopes the same sensitivity will be applied by the Indonesian mass media.

Information Minister Datuk Seri Zainuddin Maidin this was because Malaysian newspapers and television stations respected the non-interference in line with ASEAN's position not to interfere in the internal affairs of other countries.

"Malaysian newspapers will not attack the Indonesian President and meddle in the internal affairs of Indonesia. The Malaysian media will not do this," he told Indonesian reporters here on Friday.

"What is disappointing is that the mass media here has given the Malaysian opposition the opportunity to attack Malaysia. In Malaysia, we will not allow anyone to attack your President or Vice-President", he added.

Zainuddin, a former journalist, said it was important for the mass media in Malaysia and Indonesia to refrain from publishing negative and sensitive reports in order to improve bilateral ties.

He said the Malaysian and Indonesian governments were making efforts to resolve problems resulting from exaggerated media reports which had hurt the feelings of the public in both countries.

"Reports carried by the mass media in Malaysia and Indonesia have created a lot of misunderstanding and hurt some feelings.

"What is important is to show the many positive sides from the close bilateral ties like the success of the Indonesian workers in Malaysia who returned home to rebuild their villages with money earned from working in Malaysia," he said - Bernama.

Source: The Star, 30.12.2007, page 7
    Don't attack Malaysia...

Assalamualaykum... I am back!!
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Don't attack Malaysia...

And this is my answers to him.

The Malaysian mass media will not allow Indonesian opposition parties the opportunity to run down its government
    Well... Indonesian opposition parties dont need Malaysian mass media to do that as they have "freedom of press" there... not like our country.

and Malaysia hopes the same sensitivity will be applied by the Indonesian mass media
    Scared huh?

Information Minister Datuk Seri Zainuddin Maidin this was because Malaysian newspapers and television stations respected the non-interference in line with ASEAN's position not to interfere in the internal affairs of other countries.
    Is it?

"Malaysian newspapers will not attack the Indonesian President and meddle in the internal affairs of Indonesia. The Malaysian media will not do this," he told Indonesian reporters here on Friday.
    Hypocrite!! But our media did attack President of USA, PM of UK, Leader of Myanmar.....

"What is disappointing is that the mass media here has given the Malaysian opposition the opportunity to attack Malaysia.
    The opposition is not attacking Malaysia, it is attacking the corrupted and undemocratic government of Malaysia led by ultra-nationalists.

Thanks for not providing freedom of speech in Malaysia, thus the opposition has to use media in other countries...

In Malaysia, we will not allow anyone to attack your President or Vice-President", he added.
    But allow to attack President of USA, PM of UK etc.

Zainuddin, a former journalist, said it was important for the mass media in Malaysia and Indonesia to refrain from publishing negative and sensitive reports in order to improve bilateral ties.
    Yeah... a former journalist who is not intelligent and become a minister because he ultra-praising the goverment.

He said the Malaysian and Indonesian governments were making efforts to resolve problems resulting from exaggerated media reports which had hurt the feelings of the public in both countries.
    those problems are created by Malaysian government ie. Rasa Sayang song, treatment of Indonesian immigrants etc. Why should blame the media...blame the government.

"Reports carried by the mass media in Malaysia and Indonesia have created a lot of misunderstanding and hurt some feelings.
    Reports carried by mass media in Malaysia created a lot of misunderstanding and hurt some feelings among Malaysians too.

"What is important is to show the many positive sides from the close bilateral ties like the success of the Indonesian workers in Malaysia who returned home to rebuild their villages with money earned from working in Malaysia," he said - Bernama.
    yeah right.... and the stories about Indonesian maids being abused, discriminations against the immigrants, racial slurs against Indonesians and how illegal immigrants are treated like animals should be swept under the carpet.

Conclusion: I dont think the Indonesian mass media would stop "attacking" the Government of Malaysia. Which is cool.... something that we are deprived of doing it in our own country.
    Don't attack Malaysia...

chat Quote

Muslim Knight's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I can only tell one thing to Zainuddin Maidin;

"Get a degree, Zam!"

Last time he tried provoking Muslim Youth Movement Malaysia (ABIM) into supporting the Government over issues tussle with Hindu Rights Action Force (HINDRAF), which claimed marginalization of poverty-stricken Indian minority in Malaysia, which pretty much had nothing to do with Islamist movements.
    Don't attack Malaysia...

--------------------------------------------------

If you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal and if they can't stop you, you become something else entirely;
    A Legend

chat Quote

adeeb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

hmm, no need to be scared... our muslim and ethnic brotherhood will live longer than ever....:smile:

the freedom of press here, not really good... many liberal organisation own the media and provoke people with their thought that's really bad especially for muslim...

by the way...

we just separated by government...don't we?
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Knight View Post
    I can only tell one thing to Zainuddin Maidin;

"Get a degree, Zam!"
    I could still remember his interview with Al Jazeera: "Do you think we Burma, we Myanmar, we Pakistan..."
    Don't attack Malaysia...

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by adeeb View Post

the freedom of press here, not really good... many liberal organisation own the media and provoke people with their thought that's really bad especially for muslim...
    At least it's 1,000 times better than Malaysian mass media...which propagates that the Government could never be wrong and anything came out from the opposition are 110% lies
    Don't attack Malaysia...

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

ok... that's pretty bad... hope everything get better...
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

ok... that's pretty bad... hope everything get better...
    Please pray for us that whosoever that would lead this country in the future is not a corrupted, greedy and bad person...

Amin Ya Rabb!
    Don't attack Malaysia...

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian View Post
    Please pray for us that whosoever that would lead this country in the future is not a corrupted, greedy and bad person...

Amin Ya Rabb!
    amin ya rab.. pray for my country too...

many disasters these days...floods and earthquakes.. May Allah give my country good leader that can be patient leading this country...and end all corruption that lies in every politician's blood and head...
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

amin ya rab.. pray for my country too...

many disasters these days...floods and earthquakes.. May Allah give my country good leader that can be patient leading this country...and end all corruption that lies in every politician's blood and head...
    Amin Ya Rabb!!!
    Don't attack Malaysia...

chat Quote

Muslim Knight's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I can only think the main reason why Allah hasn't given the Muslims the power yet to revive the Khilafat and bring back the glory of Islam; because we let morons to govern over us.
    Don't attack Malaysia...

--------------------------------------------------

If you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal and if they can't stop you, you become something else entirely;
    A Legend

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Knight View Post
    I can only think the main reason why Allah hasn't given the Muslims the power yet to revive the Khilafat and bring back the glory of Islam; because we let morons to govern over us.
    I think that BN would rule us like FOREVER... not because of they're popular... but because they use dirty tactics.... ie. controlling the media.
    Don't attack Malaysia...

chat Quote

16. Hide
Hey there! Don't attack Malaysia... Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Don't attack Malaysia...