× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 3 of 3 visibility 1695

Salaam. Please Help.

AnonymousPoster's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Anonymous
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salaam. Please Help.

Report bad ads?

Assalam u alaykum wr wb.

I am in desperate need for some help and advice. If you've repented for some sins you may have done in the past, and you've prayed for forgiveness, how do you ever know if you've been forgiven or not?

My problem is that I cant get over the sins that I committed, and I dont feel worthy of forgiveness, and I know that may be a sin in itself not accepting Allah swts forgiveness. But i feel so conflicted I truly want his forgiveness, but then I feel like I should be punished too. I've prayed, and prayed, and prayed, but i still feel like im not worthy of his forgiveness.

Please help, what do i do?
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    glo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Salaam. Please Help.

Depending on the nature of your sin, can you go to the person you have wronged and ask their forgiveness?
    It sounds to me like you need to forgive yourself, and are unable to do so. And because of that, you cannot imagine that God would forgive you either ...

As a Christian I believe that no sin is too great to be forgiven by God, and that God forgives your sin if only you truly repent.
    God forgives you, regardless of whether you feel worthy or not. (Of course, this is a Christian perspective, so please check what Islam teaches in this respect)
    Knowing and accepting his forgiveness will give you much joy and peace - so I hope God will show you the way.

If at first you don't succeed, pray, pray and pray some more!

Peace
    Salaam. Please Help.

Peace
    glocandle ani 1 - Salaam. Please Help.

Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

Come, let us worship and bow down •
    and kneel before the Lord our Maker

[Psalm 95]

chat Quote

Hamas's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Salaam. Please Help.

format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender View Post
    Assalam u alaykum wr wb.

I am in desperate need for some help and advice. If you've repented for some sins you may have done in the past, and you've prayed for forgiveness, how do you ever know if you've been forgiven or not?

My problem is that I cant get over the sins that I committed, and I dont feel worthy of forgiveness, and I know that may be a sin in itself not accepting Allah swts forgiveness. But i feel so conflicted I truly want his forgiveness, but then I feel like I should be punished too. I've prayed, and prayed, and prayed, but i still feel like im not worthy of his forgiveness.

Please help, what do i do?
    Assalamu Alaikum,

Brother i dont think your problem is that you cant get over the sins you have commited your problem is that you are allowing yourself to despair in the mercy of Allah.

Whatever sins you feel you have commited upon yourself is between you and Allah but if you have wronged others Allah will never forgive you untill those you have wronged forgive you so ask for forgivness from those you may have wronged and then ask for forgivness from Allah too. Think about the mercy of Allah, induldge yourself in the greatness of Allah and occupy yourself in the worship of Allah and inshaAllah your guilt will be eliminated.
    chat Quote

5. Hide
Hey there! Salaam. Please Help. Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Salaam. Please Help.