Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Exclamation Saudi Sightings criticized by Al-Jazeera

Report bad ads?

Salam

The following You Tube video is a discussion on the wrong Saudi Moon Sighting declarations.

At 17:05 into the video, the slide shows that from the years 1961~2004 (43 years), the Saudis declared the moon was sighted 63% of the time when it was IMPOSSIBLE to see it. 24% of the time they declared that they had seen the moon when they could not have seen it. In those 43 years, they could have been correct only 13% of the time for the beginning of Ramadhan.

In other words, over those 43 years, the Saudis were correct only six times according to the astronomers! In other words, they got 6 out of 43! Sweeeeet!

I'm extremely busy right now otherwise (it's 12:30 am), I would have summarized the various parts of the video. I'll do it after a couple of days. If any person who understands Arabic wants to help out please do so. You don't have to do the whole video. Whatever part you want to do, just make sure you write down when that part starts like how I've done in the above paragraph.

In brief, Saudi sighting is waaaay off according to the many Arabian astronomers interviewed in the following video. But folks, it's in Arabic so if you don't know Arabic, that's just too bad. That is why I say...learn Arabic my children. Learn Arabic! Shariah Program has an amazing Arabic online offering and you can check it out in the other thread.

Here's the Al-Jazeera You Tube video which has been viewed 640 times as of yet:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=lx0rLtKPzbc
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    S_87's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Maryams Mommy
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Saudi Sightings criticized by Al-Jazeera

it was impossible by who? the scientists?
    Saudi Sightings criticized by Al-Jazeera

Our Lord! Verily, we have heard the call of one calling to Faith: 'Believe in your Lord,' and we have believed.
    Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and expiate from us our evil deeds, and make us die (in the state of righteousness) along with Al-Abrar
    chat Quote

shev's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

but how big responsibility. it is to make people fast on wrong days.
    Saudi Sightings criticized by Al-Jazeera

If the merciful God weighs me with these guilts The scale will break down in the place of judgments Works (Mesihi)
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

scintists give their predictions as per position of moon in relation to earth.

while air cushion arround earth can refract light & cause moon to be seen when it wouldn't be visible if there was no air cushion around earth.

may that's who ppl see it while science doesn't expect it.!!!
    chat Quote

6. Hide
Hey there! Saudi Sightings criticized by Al-Jazeera Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Saudi Sightings criticized by Al-Jazeera