× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 6 of 6 visibility 2617

Giving up calmness during salah

Ummu Sufyaan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    is in need of dua
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

The worst crime of stealing is stealing from one's salah, as the Prophet, sallallahu alayhe wa sailam, said, "The worst of stealers are those who steal from their salahs." People asked: "0 Messenger of Allah, how could one steal from his payer?" He said: "He would not bow down and prostrate completely" (Ahmad). Neglecting to be calm and, neglecting to straighten the back during rukuu and sujood, and not reaching full straight up position after coming up from kneeling (rukoo) and also when sitting after prostration, all these mistakes are commonly seen among the Muslims, almost in every masjid.

Calmness is a necessary condition in salah, for the salah would not be correct without it. This is a serious matter, for the Messenger ofAllah sallallahu alayhe wa sallam, said: "A man's salah is not correct until he straightens [makes level] his back during kneeling and prostration."(Abu Dawud). Those who commit this sin should be reprimanded and threatened if necessary, for Abu Abdullah al-Ash'ari said: "The Messenger ofAllah sailallahu alayhe wa sallam, led his companions in salah, then he sat among a group of them when a man came in, and performed his salah so quickly like a pecking bird. The Prophet, sallallahu alayhe wa sallam then said: "Do you see this man? Whoever dies while in this state [i.e. performing salah in this way], has died outside the creed of Muhammad. He performs his salah like a crow who pecks blood. Those who bow and prostrate as if they were pecking are like the hungry who eats but one or two dates, how can they satisfy his hunger?" (Ibn Khuzaymah) Huthayfah radhiallahu anhu saw a man hastening his bowing and prostration, he said: "You did not pray, and if you died, you would have died not on the innate nature that Allah has created Muhammad, sallallahu alayhe wa sallam with." (al-Bukhari)

If one performs salah in a hastened way out of ignorance, then realizes his mistake, it is necessary that he repeats the salah as long as the time of the salah following it has not come, as indicated in the above hadith (go back and make the salah again for you did not make it), and he should repent for the previous salahs, but he is not obliged to repeat them.
    Taken from: 'Prohibitions in Islam you cannot over look,' by Sheikh Muhammad S. Al-Munajjid, translated by Alia Amer. 'Al-Jumuah' magazine
    Last edited by Ummu Sufyaan; 01-11-2008 at 11:02 AM.

...desperate for husnul-khitaam...

please make dua that Allah grants me a good end (to my life). please make dua that Allah guides me.

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    adeeb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Giving up calmness during salah

yeah, khushu' in salah is a must..

but sometimes difficult to do...many things come in our mind..

really hard trying khushu' in salah...

by study the meaning and tafseer of the quran, make easier to khushu'...

Everything I Do, I DO for You, Allah!

Unable to deny the truth...
    chat Quote

Muhammad's Avatar Administrator
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Jazakallahu khayr for this beneficial reminder.

The reminder is talking about tranquility in prayer, in terms of performing all the positions of Salah perfectly. So, as well as trying our best to concentrate in prayer, we must also try our best to perform all the movements correctly Insha'Allaah.

And we ask Allaah (swt) to help us all to achieve this, Aameen!

chat Quote

MinAhlilHadeeth's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

JazakAllaah khayr for this reminder ukhtee. May Allaah protect us from being amongst those who steal from their salaah, ameen.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    is in need of dua
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Just wanted to say that ive edited the word 'khusoo' from the origianl post, as it has wrongly been translated.
    Calmness (khusoo') is a necessary condition in salah, for the salah would not be correct without it.
    Last edited by Ummu Sufyaan; 01-11-2008 at 11:02 AM.

please make dua that Allah grants me a good end (to my life). please make dua that Allah guides me.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    is in need of dua
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

*bump

chat Quote

9. Hide
Hey there! Giving up calmness during salah Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Giving up calmness during salah