× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 23 visibility 4189

Supposedly Logical

IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Supposedly Logical

Report bad ads?

Assalamu Alaikum

consider this a vent, why do people who go on like they so logical, get highest grades in uni/college etc, appear to be courteous and quite genius in many ways still find it hard to understand many aspects of islaam thus making them doubt more and more?! i mean they genuinely doubt. Believing would only bring them great advantage in life but they disbelief out of a discomort in the heart.

I love islaam, it makes perfect sense, but when i see these people who seem so genius and logical, whilst i understand the simplest things of islaam such as apostacy/polygomy/following the salaf properly and maany other aspects they seem to find it impossible to grasp.

i dont get it, i feel angry/sad etc, some people are just disappointing....
    Supposedly Logical

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -

2. Report bad ads?
    Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Supposedly Logical

format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim View Post
    Assalamu Alaikum

consider this a vent, why do people who go on like they so logical, get highest grades in uni/college etc, appear to be courteous and quite genius in many ways still find it hard to understand many aspects of islaam thus making them doubt more and more?! i mean they genuinely doubt. Believing would only bring them great advantage in life but they disbelief out of a discomort in the heart.

I love islaam, it makes perfect sense, but when i see these people who seem so genius and logical, whilst i understand the simplest things of islaam such as apostacy/polygomy/following the salaf properly and maany other aspects they seem to find it impossible to grasp.

Sadly intelligence is not the same as wisdom. Too many people of intelligence worship knowledge and fail to ever achieve wisdom. If a person had to choose between the gifts of wisdom and intelligence, wisdom is the wiser choice.
    Supposedly Logical

Herman 1 - Supposedly Logical

ricardo_sousa's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

think this way: the world is more fun this way. If everyone was the same, what´s the fun? you think your way, they think their's way, as long as you respect each other, society wins with that.

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Assalamu Alaikum

There is a reason it is called Faith.

6. Report bad ads?
    Al-Zaara's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    made of awesome.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow View Post

Sadly intelligence is not the same as wisdom. Too many people of intelligence worship knowledge and fail to ever achieve wisdom. If a person had to choose between the gifts of wisdom and intelligence, wisdom is the wiser choice.
    I agree, well put. And as wilberhum said, I too think, it's about faith.

Some non-believers have said to me it's so easy to just believe, and that it's harder to use logic/be intelligent/.. something like that. I always disagree with 'em, 'cause I find it very easy to imagine how I would think if I didn't believe/have faith (i.e. be like them). So I do have an easy time to understand them, although this doesn't mean I agree with 'em.

I guess those who don't believe think the same about those who believe: "How can they not understand?!"
    Supposedly Logical

If only I had checked myself
    Guy who wrecked himself

True leaders don't create followers...
    .... They create new leaders.

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Assalamu Alaikum
    wa3lykoum aslaam wr wb

we differ therein.. I from experience and I am not talking about my own, find that the more one pushes for answers the more finds out how much he/she doesn't know... if one is in fact truthful and forth coming with self... you have heard the adage that goes.. 'A little knowledge is a dangerous thing'? as it breeds arrogance, it breeds complacency it breeds self-satisfaction, but it doesn't breed more knowledge... you can live a thousand years and study every day and still know not enough as if a pepple thrown in the sea.. the wonders are too numerous.. today you perfect art history but have no clue of the NASDAQ, tomorrow you learn of every disease from Asperger's to Zollinger-Ellison and not know of the cosomos.. tomorrow you can learn of the Orion and Cassieopea and not know of Battle of Little Bighorn.. then when you 'think' you have learned everything, you have lost the knowledge of the yester years because you didn't put it into practice .. you'll always miss something and that something can in fact be the key to the universe..
    Getting good grades simply means you have applied yourself to a number of expectations imposed on you by a governing body, but it doesn't equal logic or even intellect.. the pioneers are a handful.. and they tend to think in abstract terms not in status quo
    just so we are clear on your vent.. even he/she that you think is logical and has mastered his/her trade is wrought with error.. look again with a keen discerning eye.. not only is it far from perfection, it is a lag behind.. and it is unfortunate that it is passed in such terms that you makes you feel that there is legitimacy in it!

It isn't as simple as all of that I am afraid..

Yes .. some people are and it is their cross to bear.. you can only do your part to explain, whether they accept or reject it, it is their free will!
    some fierce enemies of islam have become Muslim, some born Muslims shift.. this is a matter of the heart.. this is how God distinguished the kabeeth from the ta'yeb

Supposedly Logical

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Supposedly Logical

Muezzin's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Bat-Mod
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Nobody's perfect.

Omari's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

In my opinion, [because i love to debate] its much better this way. I mean sure i would love to have everyone around me muslim but then whats the point of hell, and by extension ...life?

so you see there is no reasons you should angr yourself...
    jussss chilll homyyyyy (H)

ballerrr
    omari
    Supposedly Logical

20f9ij6 1 - Supposedly Logical

IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Wa Alaikum Ussalaam Wa Rahmatullaah

Ive read all your answers, thanks wa jazakAllaah khair (for muslims)

i have understood recently how desires can manipulate so called intelligence. Not only desires but also associates/environments etc.

I no longer consider people who get high grades etc intelligent. I no longer consider logic to be a consequence of intelligence and i understand truelly now that understanding is the greatest gift from Allaah.

Alhamdulillaah....
    Supposedly Logical

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Wa Alaikum Ussalaam Wa Rahmatullaah

Ive read all your answers, thanks wa jazakAllaah khair (for muslims)

i have understood recently how desires can manipulate so called intelligence. Not only desires but also associates/environments etc.

I no longer consider people who get high grades etc intelligent. I no longer consider logic to be a consequence of intelligence and i understand truelly now that understanding is the greatest gift from Allaah.

Alhamdulillaah....

Ameen to your words Akhi
    Supposedly Logical

Ummu Sufyaan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    is in need of dua
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Assalamu Alaikum

ive realised with some people, the more they are givn , the more they are stubbon..

Supposedly Logical

...desperate for husnul-khitaam...

please make dua that Allah grants me a good end (to my life). please make dua that Allah guides me.

MinAhlilHadeeth's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Allaah guides whom He wills. Alhamdulillaah for guiding us. It is a blessing from Allaah that we will only truly comprehend the weight of on the day of judgement.

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Well it is kind of logical if you think about it.... I mean Allaah swt says in the Qur'aan that:

Then Allah sendeth whom He will astray, and guideth whom He will.
    Surah 14, Verse 4

mohsen1985's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

In my experience, the more educated people get, the farther away they get from God. There are ofcourse exceptions to this. But what I've seen and understood from my physics and biology professors in NYC(all Pd.D's from top colleges around the world) is that when they get enough knowledge on biology and physics, that they can explain everything that's happening in the world they start to deny the existence of Allah! Just because they can explain things with their formulas, they think there isn't a greater force putting all this together. As I recall from one of my physics classes, the professor way explaining one of the theories of how this universe came to be, it sounds ridiculous to me, I dont know how he has accepted that. He said that at first, there was nothing. This "nothing" started bubbling out and started this universe (this was the short version, I dont remember the details) :eek:

But like everyone said in the previous posts, Allah will guide whoever he wants. I remember this doctor (think he was a srugeon [heart, chest, lungs something like that]), that didn't believen in God, but during his surgeries, he always saw a weird marking on all his patients. It looked to him like a writing in some language. He did some research and found out that in all our chests it's written "La ilaha illallah, mohammad rasululah". That's when he accepted Islam!

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ Subhaan Allaah!!

aamirsaab's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    On vacation.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It's ironic too; a lot of the principles of Islam are logical and tolerant yet many people do not even see this. Some nearly get it but still cannot grasp it. Usually because it is simple and people want some complexity in their lives.

Anywho, enough of that rant. It's time to play Street fighter.
    Supposedly Logical

Book on sharia law Updated!
    Mosque-a-mania!
    Someone said to the Prophet, "Pray to God against the idolaters and curse them." The Prophet replied, "I have been sent to show mercy and have not been sent to curse." (Muslim)
    ''Become the change''

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by mohsen1985 View Post
    I remember this doctor (think he was a srugeon [heart, chest, lungs something like that]), that didn't believen in God, but during his surgeries, he always saw a weird marking on all his patients. It looked to him like a writing in some language. He did some research and found out that in all our chests it's written "La ilaha illallah, mohammad rasululah". That's when he accepted Islam!
    Hrrm, I find this very hard to believe.

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I hope some muslims acknowledge that the perfection they see in Islam might be a product of bias...
    Every religious person will see their religion as utterly perfect. Even atheists and agnostics find their position the wisest, the best, the most tolerant position possible.

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint View Post
    I hope some muslims acknowledge that the perfection they see in Islam might be a product of bias...
    Every religious person will see their religion as utterly perfect. Even atheists and agnostics find their position the wisest, the best, the most tolerant position possible.
    Definatly Bias on my part. I was quite arrogant and believed I had found the truth long before I came to Islam. I found out I was wrong. I accepted Islam because my narrow minded bias refuses to let me see anything I can not fully accept as Truth.
    Supposedly Logical

24. Report bad ads?
    aamirsaab's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    On vacation.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint View Post
    Oh absolutely. In certain cases though it is not always due to bias, but definitely that attitude does exist in all humans, regardless of their religion (or way of life). I just find it annoying how some people who claim to be logical and objective are actually not when it comes to addressing something they dislike (say a religion or heaven and hell etc), especially when whilst doing their ''critical analysis'' they exclaim that they are indeed logical and objective!

Still, we're humans at the end of the day so I shouldn't let it bother me.
    Supposedly Logical

Book on sharia law Updated!
    Mosque-a-mania!
    Someone said to the Prophet, "Pray to God against the idolaters and curse them." The Prophet replied, "I have been sent to show mercy and have not been sent to curse." (Muslim)
    ''Become the change''

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Supposedly Logical Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Supposedly Logical