star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Jewellery and weird feeling...

Report bad ads?

This is quite strange. I must be in a strange mood this evening. I probably should not be here, but I could use some advice.

I am obsessed with wearing suits. It increases my "feel good" factor (not good I know; It's an attribute I'm trying to get rid of). Today was odd. Today my dad was sorting out some things and I came across one of his rings. I tried it on and it kind of "looked really good" on me. I did not want to take it off, just because it looked good with what I was wearing. Yes, I know. I was born strange.... (But I felt like a real prince!)

Sorry... I must now shut up. Anyway, what is Islam's take on men wearing jewellery? The only thing I wear everyday which comes close to jewellery is my watch. (I seem to love personal decorations. I am feeling bad because I have a feeling this is bad). I am seeking some knowledge on this subject. Can anyone help?
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Tania's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Jewellery and weird feeling...

I know the jewellery are not really allowed and if its a must to have it the jewel in question should be from silver. The gold its out of question.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Ruling on men wearing white gold

Question: Dear Sheikh, I would like to know if Muslim men are permitted to wear golden rings, chains and so on. What about watches plated with gold and other similar objects? Answer

As for men, it is a sign of instability and an un-masculine nature to adorn oneself with gold. Islam wants the differences between the sexes to be clearly defined, and their distinctive characteristics to stand out, because when they resemble each another, a great deal of corruption results therefrom.
    Also Check this: Men and Jewellery
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Also chek this post;

format_quote Originally Posted by 'Aisha View Post

Question:
    Can men wear silver jewellery like rings, chains etc ?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

With regard to men wearing rings of silver: this is permissible and there is nothing wrong with it.

Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “When the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) wanted to send a letter to the Romans, he was told that they would not read any letter unless it had a seal on it, so he took a ring of silver. It is as if I can see it shining on his hand, and engraved on it were the words ‘Muhammad the Messenger of Allaah.’” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5537; Muslim 2092).

A similar report was also narrated by Ibn ‘Umar (al-Bukhaari, 5528; Muslim, 2091).

Shaykh al-Islam (Ibn Taymiyah) was asked about men wearing silver, and he said:

As for rings of silver, this is permissible according to the consensus of the imaams, for it was reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) had a ring of silver and that his companions wore rings. This is unlike gold rings, which are forbidden according to the consensus of the four imaams. It was reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade that. As for wearing silver, there is no general statement that it is forbidden, and no one has the right to say that it is forbidden if there is no shar’i evidence (daleel) to that effect. As the Sunnah permits wearing silver rings, this is evidence that wearing silver is permissible…”

(Majmoo’ al-Fataawaa, 25/63-65).

With regard to wearing chains, this is not permissible for men, because this is an imitation of women, and there is no report which says that it is permissible for men to wear chains made of silver.

Wearing adornments on the wrist and neck, and on the ears, is an imitation of women, as this is something that is only for women. So it is not permissible for men to wear bracelets, earrings, anklets, or chains. For more information please see Question #(4021).

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
    Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid
    source
    Last edited by ------; 01-16-2008 at 12:17 PM.
    chat Quote

6. Hide
Hey there! Jewellery and weird feeling... Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Jewellery and weird feeling...