× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 7 of 7 visibility 2667

Stock Investments Haram?

MartyrX's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Stock Investments Haram?

Report bad ads?

I was debating in putting some money in stocks to have something when I'm older or a just in case I would ever need it. Would this be haram and are their any guidelines I should follow when selecting which companies to invest in?
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    aamirsaab's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    On vacation.
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Stock Investments Haram?

Investing in a business is not haram. However, if it's an alcohol producer or pork butcher then it'd probably be haram, simply because those things are haram and so is anything related to them.

If it's for IBM, Intel, AMD, ASDA, NEXT etc then there isn't any problem. Do be aware of people saying that it is haram though, because in actual fact it isn't. Those that say it is haram try to pull the gambling rule on ya, but if you understand the concept of investing you won't fall for it.
    Stock Investments Haram?

Book on sharia law Updated!
    Mosque-a-mania!
    Someone said to the Prophet, "Pray to God against the idolaters and curse them." The Prophet replied, "I have been sent to show mercy and have not been sent to curse." (Muslim)
    ''Become the change''
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    subhanAllah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

similar question asked

So basically, what brother amirsaab said. As long as you're not investing in a haram based business, it should be perfectly fine. :]
    Stock Investments Haram?

alhamdullilah.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab View Post

Investing in a business is not haram. However, if it's an alcohol producer or pork butcher then it'd probably be haram, simply because those things are haram and so is anything related to them.

If it's for IBM, Intel, AMD, ASDA, NEXT etc then there isn't any problem. Do be aware of people saying that it is haram though, because in actual fact it isn't. Those that say it is haram try to pull the gambling rule on ya, but if you understand the concept of investing you won't fall for it.
    What about equity investments in companies that also use debt (interest based) financing? Would riba play a role in your interpretation?
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    aamirsaab's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    On vacation.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    What about equity investments in companies that also use debt (interest based) financing? Would riba play a role in your interpretation?
    Not sure. I'd have to check it out but since it is dealing with interest it might be better to not invest in that company. Again, I'm not 100% sure. Though, when in doubt, do without.
    Stock Investments Haram?

Book on sharia law Updated!
    Mosque-a-mania!
    Someone said to the Prophet, "Pray to God against the idolaters and curse them." The Prophet replied, "I have been sent to show mercy and have not been sent to curse." (Muslim)
    ''Become the change''
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by JeffX View Post
    I was debating in putting some money in stocks to have something when I'm older or a just in case I would ever need it. Would this be haram and are their any guidelines I should follow when selecting which companies to invest in?
    Like 2 or 3 persons can own a property at a time, similarly a share is an ownership of that part of Co. So there's no harm in buying shares with intent to benefit from real business of that Co.

BUT trading frequently like on daily basis, i've doubts about it's permisibility. It look more like gambling, since u don't go for Co.'s actual performance rather u try to make profit by price fluctuations caused by news etc.
    chat Quote

MartyrX's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thank you everyone for your help!
    chat Quote

10. Hide
Hey there! Stock Investments Haram? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Stock Investments Haram?