× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 58 visibility 9110

Phenomena of the world

aamirsaab's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    On vacation.
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Phenomena of the world

Report bad ads?

discussions about the following topics:
    *aliens (do they exist or not)
    *Dinosaurs (did they exist or not)
    *ghosts
    *More to be added depending on the success of this thread

ill start off with aliens
    in the quran it does not state that they exist. similarly, it does not state that they dont and so it is left to us as individuals to decide. personally i think that they might exist - as far as scientific research can tell us there are many hundreds of planets in our solar system. there are probably a significant amount of galaxies as well. i doubt that earth is the only inhibited planet.
    so i dont doubt that aliens exist - maybe as bacteria or maybe as life forms such as ourselfs.
    Phenomena of the world

Book on sharia law Updated!
    Mosque-a-mania!
    Someone said to the Prophet, "Pray to God against the idolaters and curse them." The Prophet replied, "I have been sent to show mercy and have not been sent to curse." (Muslim)
    ''Become the change''
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Khaldun's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Alif Lam Mim.
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

in the quran it does not state that they exist. similarly, it does not state that they dont and so it is left to us as individuals to decide. personally i think that they might exist
    lol brother aamir you made me laugh soo much JazzakAllah ...no seriously one intresteing thing to note is that, Allah states the creation of Adam and Eve in Jannah right, and once they ate of the forbidden tree then they got thrown down to the earth...NOTE the earth was already created and most probably (Allahu 'Alm) populated with animals, just a thought then...whilst Adam and Eve spent there time in Jannah who knows what creatures roomed the earth?? Just a personal thought...harunyahya, has some intresting articles about stuff like that i believe, might be worth checkin some off them out....
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    On vacation.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio
    lol .

please provide the link so i can check em out

p.s my first message was not intended to be a joke but if people are laffing at it i dont mind
    Phenomena of the world

Mosque-a-mania!
    Someone said to the Prophet, "Pray to God against the idolaters and curse them." The Prophet replied, "I have been sent to show mercy and have not been sent to curse." (Muslim)
    ''Become the change''
    chat Quote

root's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

My Theory

Yes - Alien life forms.
    Yes - Dinosaurs
    No - Ghosts

I don't think it was funny....

:-)
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    On vacation.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio
    LOL k

why do u say no to ghosts?
    just out of interested is all (there is no right or wrong answer lol - im just interested in peoples reasons)
    Phenomena of the world

Mosque-a-mania!
    ''Become the change''
    chat Quote

Muezzin's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Bat-Mod
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Phenomena of the world

format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
    discussions about the following topics:
    *aliens (do they exist or not)
    *Dinosaurs (did they exist or not)
    *ghosts
    *More to be added depending on the success of this thread

ill start off with aliens
    in the quran it does not state that they exist. similarly, it does not state that they dont and so it is left to us as individuals to decide. personally i think that they might exist - as far as scientific research can tell us there are many hundreds of planets in our solar system. there are probably a significant amount of galaxies as well. i doubt that earth is the only inhibited planet.
    so i dont doubt that aliens exist - maybe as bacteria or maybe as life forms such as ourselfs.
    *slaps Aamirsaab's head* Who taught you Physics, man?! There are only nine planets in our solar system! There are countless planets throughout the entire universe but not in our solar system. That's crazy-talk man!

About whether they exist or not - Dinosaurs, I'm thinking, the Quran tells us there were creatures on Earth before prophet Adam, and science also tells us that dinosaurs existed before man. So why not? They're too cool to be fictional.

Aliens - I don't know, but probability tells us that yeah, probably. It doesn't make me any less of a Muslim - who knows how many creations Allah has? There are also some schools of thought which surmise that 'flying saucers' might actually be angels. Which is an intriguing thought to say the least.

Ghosts - as in 'spirits of dead people', nope. As in 'invisible creatures' aka Jinn, yes.
    chat Quote

Bittersteel's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

About whether they exist or not - Dinosaurs, I'm thinking, the Quran tells us there were creatures on Earth before prophet Adam, and science also tells us that dinosaurs existed before man. So why not? They're too cool to be fictional.
    which verses state that?

"Wasn’t there a long period of time before humans were even mentioned?" (76:1)

are there verses which indicate the existance of pre-historic creatures?
    Last edited by Bittersteel; 07-12-2005 at 02:53 PM.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Bat-Mod
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Aziz
    which verses state that?

"Wasn’t there a long period of time before humans were even mentioned?" (76:1)

are there verses which indicate the existance of pre-historic creatures?
    Er... I don't know offhand.

I remember reading somewhere that the Earth existed before Prophet Adam lived on it, and that there were already creatures there.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

oh its ok.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Preacher's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I like folks here to elaborate the term "Alien/s" as to what is thier understanding of it? Do you think it is something like ET? Because the word "Alien" does not connotes to anything specific, as we read in the Dictionary:

a·li·en (³“l¶-…n, ³l“y…n) adj. 1. Owing political allegiance to another country or government; foreign: alien residents. 2. Belonging to, characteristic of, or constituting another and very different place, society, or person; strange. See Synonyms at foreign. 3. Dissimilar, inconsistent, or opposed, as in nature: emotions alien to her temperament. See Synonyms at extrinsic. --a·li·en n. 1. An unnaturalized foreign resident of a country. Also called noncitizen. 2. A person from another and very different family, people, or place. 3. A person who is not included in a group; an outsider. 4. A creature from outer space: science fiction about an invasion of aliens. 5. Ecology. A plant or an animal that occurs in or is naturalized in a region to which it is not native. --a·li·en tr.v. a·li·ened, a·li·en·ing, a·li·ens. Law. To transfer (property) to another; alienate. [Middle English, from Old French, from Latin ali¶nus, from alius, other. See al-1 below.]
    ————————————————� �———
    al-1. Important derivatives are: alarm, alert, ultimate, ultra- , alternate, adulterate, other, else, alien, alibi, parallel.
    al-1. Beyond. 1. Variant *ol-, “beyond.” a. Suffixed forms *ol-se-, *ol-so-. ALARM, ALERT, ALLIGATOR, EL NIñO, VOILà, from Latin ille (feminine illa, neuter illud), “yonder,” that, from Old Latin ollus; b. suffixed forms *ol-s, *ol-tero-. OUTRé, ULTERIOR, ULTIMATE, ULTRA-, UTTERANCE2, from Latin uls, *ulter, ultr³, beyond. 2. Suffixed form *al-tero-, “other of two.” a. ALTER, ALTERCATE, ALTERNATE, ALTRUISM; SUBALTERN, from Latin alter, other, other of two; b. ADULTERATE, (ADULTERINE), (ADULTERY), from Latin adulter³re, to commit adultery with, pollute, probably from the phrase ad alterum, “(approaching) another (unlawfully)” (ad-, to; see ad-); c. variant suffixed form *an-tero-, “other (of two).” OTHER, from Old English ½ther, other, from Germanic *antharaz. 3. Extended form *alyo-, “other of more than two.” a. ELSE; ELDRITCH, from Old English el-, elles, else, otherwise, from Germanic *aljaz (with adverbial suffix); b. ALIAS, ALIEN; ALIBI, ALIQUOT, HIDALGO, from Latin alius, other of more than two; c. ALLO-; ALLEGORY, ALLELOMORPH, ALLELOPATHY, MORPHALLAXIS, PARALLAX, PARALLEL, TROPHALLAXIS, from Greek allos, other. [Pokorny 1. al- 24, 2. an- 37.]
    Thus, unless we define the "Alien" and agree upon that, we cannot offer conclusive opinions.

On top of my head I can point out few things from Qur'an and Islamic belief.

1. Qur'an 1:2 reads, All the praises and thanks be to Allah, the Lord of the Alameen (mankind, jinns and all that exists).
    الْحَمْدُ للّهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ
    So the key phrase is رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ

2. Jinns/Devils= extraterrestrial (IMO)

3. On the issue of Adam (AS) he was not kicked out or thrown out from Paradise. We read in the Glorious Qur’aan 2:33 that Allaah (SWT) decided to create Adam عليه السلام and to make him His deputy on the earth (spoke of it to the angels). The Glorious Qur’aan says that Satan brought them (Adam and Hawwa {AS}) of the state they had been living. In fact, they were brought out under a divine command, since Satan served as a means and/or intermediary; the action has been attributed to him (Satan). We must understand that the words of the Glorious Qur’aan do not in the least imply that Satan had any power whatsoever to act on his own.

Preacher
    Phenomena of the world

“Do not allow your enemy to define you. Because if you allow yourself to be defined negatively, nothing positive you say about yourself will register.”
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Bat-Mod
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Very informative post, brother Preacher.

So were there in fact creatures on Earth before Prophet Adam (AS) lived here?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Originally Posted in Another forum

One afternoon a dozen people and myself observed an object in a clear sky. It was the size of 2 18-wheelers placed end-to-end. It made absolutely no sound. It was about 1 mile away. It moves in ways that a helicopter cannot. We watched it for about 5 or 6 minutes before it went straight up and completely out of sight - about 50,000 feet straight up after hovering and moving slowly this way and then that way. It was astounding. None of us could believe what we were seeing.
    well what doyou guys think?He is not the only one claiming to have seen UFOs.
    chat Quote

root's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hi Preacher:

Preacher - ET? Because the word "Alien" does not connotes to anything specific, as we read in the Dictionary:

Thus, unless we define the "Alien" and agree upon that, we cannot offer conclusive opinions.
    I think ET as opposed to alien should be agreed on. Though "life" might not exactly fit ET's version. But simple microbial life or Multi-cellular life are all more possible than improbable, and nothing more than a "discovery waiting to happen".

Most evidence is just "hog-wash". What I think is why do we associate them with "visitors from another planet", why they could equally be "Time travellers" from our future. The fact we think "Alin visitors" is enough for me anyway to discount them, (well. Most of them)!!!!
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Jewel of LI
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
    *slaps Aamirsaab's head* Who taught you Physics, man?! There are only nine planets in our solar system! There are countless planets throughout the entire universe but not in our solar system. That's crazy-talk man!
    Well it depends how you define a planet. Currrently there is no agreed upon definition, so technically we can't say for sure how many planets there are!

Phenomena of the world

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:
    "Surely I was sent to perfect the qualities of righteous character" [Musnad Ahmad, Muwatta Mâlik]

Visit Ansâr Al-'Adl's personal page HERE.
    Excellent resources on Islam listed HERE.
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Bat-Mod
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
    Well it depends how you define a planet. Currrently there is no agreed upon definition, so technically we can't say for sure how many planets there are!

The nine confirmed planets that we are taught in school then, including Pluto (who some argue is Neptune's moon or something, I forget).

I don't count that tenth planet malarkey

Root, don't get me started on time-travel paradoxes, whoo boy.

Well, a UFO in and of itself is not necessarily of extraterrestrial origin. It's simply an unidentified flying object, which will most likely eventually be identified. The oft-used example of the stealth bomber is a good illustration of this: people realized they hadn't seen extra-terrestrial technology at all, just advanced human technology.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I am confused about a thing.The Quran says that there are 11 planets in our system doesn't it?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Bat-Mod
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I am confused about a thing.The Quran says that there are 11 planets in our system doesn't it?
    Does it? :confused:
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Read something like that somewhere.I could be wrong tho like always.......
    chat Quote

jama's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

aliens-jinns
    ghosts-jinns
    dinosaurs-did exist
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

homonids?
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! Phenomena of the world Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Phenomena of the world