× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 51 visibility 8116

Wasted Time

Uma Rayanah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Wasted Time

Report bad ads?

~*I hope u r all in da best state of health 'N' iman inshallah*~

This is a story to remind us insallah sisters and brothers

Since last night my young son has been unwell. When I got back from work this evening I decided to take him to hospital despite my exhaustion. Indeed, fatigue for his sake is rest.

There were many waiting…perhaps we will be delayed by more than an hour. I took my number and sat down in the waiting room. There were many faces, young and old, but all silent. Some brothers made use of the many booklets available in the waiting room.

Some of those waiting had their eyes closed, while others were looking around. Most were bored. Once in a while the long silence was broken by a nurse calling out a number. Happiness appears on the one whose turn it is, and he gets up quickly…then silence returns.

A young man grabbed my attention. He was reading a pocket-sized Qur`an continuously; not raising his head even once. At first I did not think much about him. However, after one hour of waiting my casual glances turned into a deep reflection about his lifestyle and how he utilizes his time.

One hour of life wasted! Instead of making benefit of that hour, it was just a boring wait. Then the call for prayer was made. We went to prayer in the hospital’s mosque. I tried to pray close to the man who was reading the Qur`an earlier in the waiting room. After the prayer I walked with him. I informed him of how impressed I was of him and how he tries to benefit from his time.

He told me that most of our time is wasted without any benefit. These are days that go from our lives without being conscious of them or regretting their waste. He said that he started carrying the pocket-sized Qur`an around when a friend encouraged him to make full use of his time. He told me that in the time other people waste he gets to read much more of the Qur`an than he gets to read either at home or in the mosque. Moreover, besides the reward of reading the Qur`an, this habit saves him from boredom and stress. He added that he has now been waiting for one and a half hours.

Then he asked, “when will you find one and a half hours to read the Qur`an?”

I reflected…how much time do we waste?

How many moments of our lives pass by, and yet we do not account for how they passed by?

Indeed, how many months pass by and we do not read the Qur`an?

I came to respect my companion, and I discovered that I am to stand for account and that time is not in my hand…so what am I waiting for?

My thoughts were interrupted by the nurse calling out my number…I went to the doctor. But I want to achieve something now. After I left the hospital I quickly went to the bookshop and bought a pocket-sized Qur`an. I decided to be mindful of how I spend the time. That was my intention when I put that Qur`an in my pocket.

How many people will do this?

And what great reward is for the one who guides others to this idea?
    Wasted Time

Remember... Allah, subhana watala, sees everything we do!
    039 1 - Wasted Time
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Sahabiyaat's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    in a universe..in a galaxy...on a planet in a country in a state in AN area in a house in a room:)
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Wasted Time

oh MasahAllah
    thats so gud..
    InshaAllah i hope all of us try to get that.
    Wasted Time

My heart, so precious,
    I won't trade for a hundred thousand souls.
    Your one smile takes it for free.Rumi
    chat Quote

WomanOfJihad's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

SubhanAllah .. great post ..

i just Heard a bayaan today in Jumu'ah .. on How we seem to waste our time .. it was said .. we have so much time in our handss . yet we dnt appreciate it infact we say " we dont have anything to do for time pass, the time is goin verry slow* infact this shud be a GREAT ne3mat (blessings) for us to have TIMEE .. so that we can spend thattime in Gaining rewaards from Allah swt by reciting Quran or doin Dhikr .. EVERY single SEcond cOUNts in our life .. but nowadays SubhanAllah we spend time in Useless stuff .. such as Gosssips, sitting in such gatherings which wudnt benefit us but infact end up doin bakbitings, discusing Politics n we wud waste so much time in that .. we talk abt afghanistan n palestine etc .. but nothing is gonna change over there by us going on n on about it . and even the INTERNET thats the biggest waste of time .. so we shud inshallah think how we can spend time in something Which Allah swt will reward us for it inshallah ...

Wasted Time

The Prophet said, "Nobody who enters Paradise likes to go back to the world even if he got everything on the earth, except a Mujahid who wishes to return to the world so that he may be martyred ten times because of the dignity he receives (from Allah)."
    chat Quote

swanlake's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Hash

I have the qur'aan on my phone.

I try to read AS MUCH as possible outside or werever i am.

I advise all brothers if you have phones, get the qur'aan on there, if you dont have phones then get the pocket qur'aans.

How do you put the quran in your phone?? I didnt know it was possible.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I advise all brothers if you have phones, get the qur'aan on there, if you dont have phones then get the pocket qur'aans.

hmm.. so isthe Advice only for the Brothers.. cant sisters do that as well ???

Wasted Time

The Prophet said, "Nobody who enters Paradise likes to go back to the world even if he got everything on the earth, except a Mujahid who wishes to return to the world so that he may be martyred ten times because of the dignity he receives (from Allah)."
    chat Quote

swanlake's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by WomanOfJihad

i just Heard a bayaan today in Jumu'ah .. on How we seem to waste our time .. it was said .. we have so much time in our handss . yet we dnt appreciate it infact we say " we dont have anything to do for time pass, the time is goin verry slow* infact this shud be a GREAT ne3mat (blessings) for us to have TIMEE .. so that we can spend thattime in Gaining rewaards from Allah swt by reciting Quran or doin Dhikr .. EVERY single SEcond cOUNts in our life .. but nowadays SubhanAllah we spend time in Useless stuff .. such as Gosssips, sitting in such gatherings which wudnt benefit us but infact end up doin bakbitings, discusing Politics n we wud waste so much time in that .. we talk abt afghanistan n palestine etc .. but nothing is gonna change over there by us going on n on about it . and even the INTERNET thats the biggest waste of time .. so we shud inshallah think how we can spend time in something Which Allah swt will reward us for it inshallah ...

I agree sis. We spent so much time without realising it. Time is precious. May Allah make us those who make a good use of their time..aameen.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

*Sorry was the last thing she wanted hear*

So whats the method of getting the Quran on the phone ?

Wasted Time

chat Quote

Uma Rayanah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by WomanOfJihad

clear - Wasted Timeclear - Wasted Time
    Mashallah i guess my sis there siad it all mashallah..

I wander if dat was my sis indeed!!! i guess she let some1 else 2 write dis valueble thingz.. my sis Women can't write such thingz like dis!!!clear - Wasted Timeclear - Wasted Time
    Wasted Time

Remember... Allah, subhana watala, sees everything we do!
    039 1 - Wasted Time
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

YA UKHTI FIL ISLAMM..

What have you taken me for im more than wat u think i m ..

Wasted Time

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I have the qur'aan on my phone.

I try to read AS MUCH as possible outside or werever i am.

How do u get the Quran on the fones bro .. it would be appreciated if u let us know .. JazaKallahu KHairan ..

Wasted Time

chat Quote

Arwa's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ yeah .. how do you do that one ?
    chat Quote

Ra`eesah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    UmmLuqmann
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Assalamu'Alaykum

SUBHANALLAH! Subhanallah. Subhanallah
    chat Quote

soulja-ess's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

subhanallah thats soo true....

chat Quote

soulja-ess's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

wow i just noticed this thread was done in january
    neways jazak allah kul khair for sharing it sis
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    Labaik Ya Allah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

how long did it take us 2 notice this thread
    Wasted Time

May Allah guide us and make us among those in junnah with Muhammed and aali muhammed

WiTh BlOoD wItH sOuL fOr IsLaM i WiLl sAcRiFiCe
    chat Quote

Ra`eesah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    UmmLuqmann
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Assalamu'Alaykum

it took 8 months 10 days and 1 hour ..... now i wonder would it have been different if we knew of this before? Subhanallah. how much of our time would we have utilized?
    chat Quote

Batoota's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Subhan Allah, while i was in Egypt, i saw a woman who carried a pocket sized Quran while we were on the "taraam". For those who don't know what that is, it's this train that runs through Egypt and is like a bus actually. :confused: Anways, it was really inspiring to see her doing that! !

Jazak Allah!!

:sister:
    Wasted Time

Inna lilahee wa inna ilayhee rajoun!
    chat Quote

MetSudaisTwice's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

salam
    mashallah that is a very good post bro zak
    jazakallah for sharing
    wasalam
    chat Quote

Umm Safiya's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I do that too on my way to school.. But it's not a pocket Qur'ân, it's just the normal-size.. Alot of people stare at me! A couple of days ago I was reading at a st. while waiting for the train, so this dude keeps passing by me n staring.. Then he comes over to me: 'Is that the Qur'ân' 'Yeh' 'Oh alright! That language is impossible for normal people' 'Well I've learned it too, so yeah 'normal' people can learn it.. It's not as diffcult as it looks' 'You look really into it' 'Yeah, I am!' 'Okay, have a nice day, bye'

Anyways, jazak allahu khayr for the post akhee.. a very good reminder for all of us..

Wasted Time

أم ذي عينين كبيرين

صفية و عمر
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    MinAhlilHadeeth's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

oh yeah i've read that before, masha-Allah still makes me think!
    :rose:
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! Wasted Time Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Wasted Time