× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 15 of 15 visibility 2145

~Philisophy in a Jar~

1m@@n's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Travelling a =Long==Rocky==Path= trying my best not2 stumble B4 reaching my most desired destination
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

~Philisophy in a Jar~

Report bad ads?

Philisophy in a Jar

A philosophy professor stood before his class and had some items in front of him. When class began, wordlessly he picked up a large empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with rocks right to the top, rocks about 2" diameter.He then asked the students if the jar was full ? They agreed that it was.

So the professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them in to the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles, of course, rolled into the open areas between the rocks.The students laughed. He asked his students again if the jar was full ? They agreed that yes, it was.

The professor then picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar.Of course, the sand filled up everything else.

"Now," said the professor, "I want you to recognize that this is your life.

The rocks are the important things - your faith, your beliefs, your family, your partner, your health, your children - anything that is so important to you that if it were lost,you would be nearly destroyed.

The pebbles are the other things in life that matter,but on a smaller scale.The pebbles represent things like your job,your house,your car etc.

The sand is everything else. The small stuff. If you put the sand or the pebbles into the jar first,there is no room for the rocks.

The same goes for your life.
    If you spend all your energy and time on the small stuff,material things,you will never have room for the things that are truly most important.Pay attention to the things that are critical in your life.

Play with your children. Spend quality time with your spouse. There willalways be time to go to work, clean the house, fix the car etc.

" Take care of the rocks first - the things that really matter. The rest is just pebbles and sand."
    ~Philisophy in a Jar~

Allah bears witness that none has the right to be worshipped but He, and the angels, and those having knowledge (also bear witness to this); (He always) maintains His creation in justice. None has the right to be worshipped but He, the Almighty, the All-Wise.
    (Imran: 18)
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Protected_Diamond's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: ~Philisophy in a Jar~

masaha Allah good read jazahka Allah khair
    ~Philisophy in a Jar~

“Whoever puts his trust in Allah, sufficient is Allah for him.”
    chat Quote

Helena's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    as one ummah the burden we share inshAllah!!!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Philisophy in a Jar

A philosophy professor stood before his class and had some items in front of him.

When class began, wordlessly he picked up a large empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with rocks right to the top, rocks about 2 diameter.He then asked the students if the jar was full ? They agreed that it was.

So the professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them in to the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles, of course, rolled into the open areas between the rocks.The students laughed. He asked his students again if the jar was full ? They agreed that yes, it was.

The professor then picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar.Of course, the sand filled up everything else.

"Now", said the professor, "I want you to recognize that this is your life. The rocks are the important things - your faith, your beliefs, your health etc- anything that is so important to you that if it were lost,you would be nearly destroyed.

The pebbles are the other things in life that matter,but on a smaller scale.The pebbles represent things like your job,your house,your car etc.

The sand is everything else. The small stuff. If you put the sand or the pebbles into the jar first,there is no room for the rocks. The same goes for your life.

If you spend all your energy and time on the small stuff,material things,you will never have room for the things that are truly most important.Pay attention to the things that are critical in your life. Play with your children. Spend quality time with your family and most importantly incease your faith by doin good deeds. There will always be time to go to work, clean the house, fix the car etc".

" Take care of the rocks first - the things that really matter. The rest is just pebbles and sand "

So?? any views?

~Philisophy in a Jar~

All i hope is for my mums happiness.Shes my light.Shes my dunya.Her tears are my weakness.Her sadness breaks my heart.She is my mirror.A mirror that keeps me alive.Without her am nothing.shes my saaya.How can i leave her.I pray to Allah(swt) to keep me with her forever inshAllah.
    chat Quote

IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Philisophy in a Jar

yes, a view right here

~Philisophy in a Jar~

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Pr4sE View Post
    yes, a view right here

wot view r u talking about?

~Philisophy in a Jar~

All i hope is for my mums happiness.Shes my light.Shes my dunya.Her tears are my weakness.Her sadness breaks my heart.She is my mirror.A mirror that keeps me alive.Without her am nothing.shes my saaya.How can i leave her.I pray to Allah(swt) to keep me with her forever inshAllah.
    chat Quote

IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by helena View Post

wot view r u talking about?

lol the fact that i viewd it

but seriously heres my thoughts

pebbles are not needed, rocks is all thats and if the sand b good deeds then every grain of sand will definitly get u a high position in jannah.
    cars/house/good meals/ a TV/entertainment... so unnecessary

lets rememba fatima (RA) and Ali(RA) when they went to ask prophet muhammad (saws) for a maid servant, they were denied on the basis that hardship in this world will indeed get them sheer comfort and the best of the best in the next. A good trader always goes for the best

~Philisophy in a Jar~

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Pr4sE View Post
    lol the fact that i viewd it

but seriously heres my thoughts

pebbles are not needed, rocks is all thats and if the sand b good deeds then every grain of sand will definitly get u a high position in jannah.
    cars/house/good meals/ a TV/entertainment... so unnecessary

lets rememba fatima (RA) and Ali(RA) when they went to ask prophet muhammad (saws) for a maid servant, they were denied on the basis that hardship in this world will indeed get them sheer comfort and the best of the best in the next. A good trader always goes for the best

oh rite.... alhandulilah u viewed it and given ur thoughts!! mashalah well said!!!!

~Philisophy in a Jar~

chat Quote

Abdul-Raouf's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    cageprisoners.com
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Smile Fill correctly

SET YOUR PRIORITIES

A professor stood before his philosophy class and had some items in front of him. When the class began, wordlessly, he picked up a very large and empty jar and proceeded to fill it with golf balls. He then asked the students if the jar was full. They agreed it was.

So the professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles rolled into the open areas between the golf balls. He then asked the students again if the jar was full. They agreed it was.

The professor next picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else. He asked once more if the jar was full. The students responded with a unanimous "yes". The professor then produced two cups of coffee from under the table and poured the entire contents into the jar, effectively filling the empty space between the sand. The students laughed.

"Now," said the professor, as the laughter subsided, "I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life. The golf balls are the important things - your God, family, children, health, friends, favorite passions - things that if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full. The pebbles are the other things that matter, like your job, house, and car. The sand is everything else - the small stuff.

"If you put the sand into the jar first," he continued, "there is no room for the pebbles or the golf balls. The same goes for life. If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff, you will never have room for the things that are important to you. Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness.Pray to god, Play with your children. Take time to get medical checkups. Take your partner out to dinner. Play another 18. There will always be time to clean the house and fix the disposal.

"Take care of the golf balls first, the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand." One of the students raised her hand and inquired what the coffee represented. The professor smiled. "I'm glad you asked. It just goes to show you that no matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a couple of cups of coffee with a friend."
    chat Quote

Mujahidah4Allah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Hmmmmmm.............
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Fill correctly

jazakAllah Khair for sharing that with us was a nice read

ma'salamah
    ~Philisophy in a Jar~

سلامة الإنسان في حلاوة اللسان

The safety of a human is in the sweetness of his tongue.

بسم الله الذي لا يضرّ مع اسمه شيءٌ في الأرضِ و لا في السّماءِ و هو السّميعُ العليم
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    ...'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

That's so true. Jazakallah khair brother.
    wassalaam
    chat Quote

Abdul-Raouf's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    cageprisoners.com
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thanx.... Masha'allah
    chat Quote

rizwana87's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

tht was good mashallah
    chat Quote

Muslim Soldier's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

wonderful story
    ~Philisophy in a Jar~

Don't Click Me (Updated)
    Updated 24/7

I am but a student. Please correct me if I am wrong. May Allah forgive my lapses.

If you want to see the rainbow,
    you have to survive the storm.

chat Quote

Mawaddah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Patience is the Key
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I love stories like this masha'allah
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    Muslim Soldier's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: ~Philisophy in a Jar~

poor zÂk

all the time merging threads
    ~Philisophy in a Jar~

Don't Click Me (Updated)
    Updated 24/7

I am but a student. Please correct me if I am wrong. May Allah forgive my lapses.

If you want to see the rainbow,
    you have to survive the storm.

chat Quote

20. Hide
Hey there! ~Philisophy in a Jar~ Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. ~Philisophy in a Jar~