× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 5 of 5 visibility 1958

Blind Muslim girl wins Qur'aan competition

kadafi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

Mogadishu 30, Oct, 05 ( Sh.M.Network) An 18 years blind girl has won a competition of Koran reading in Mogadishu defeating 60 students including boys and other girls.

The occasion organised by the organisation of Koran serving in Somalia has been widely welcomed by the people in Mogadishu, when announced Amino Abdulmajid Abdulkani has won the competition.

It was the first girl that won such competitions in Mogadishu particularly During this month of Ramadan.

“The young blind girl has defeated at least 60 other students” said Sheik Sharif Ibrahim who leads the organization that organized the competition.

“We are very much appreciated this victory of Amino who is a blind girl” he added saying that no one was expecting she could be the winner.
    In an interview with Shabelle, Amino said after receiving her awards that she cannot imagine how happy she is, adding she was not looking forward in grapping this milestone victory.

Shabelle Media Network, Mogadishu
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Pinkrose's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Cool Re: Blind Muslim girl wins Qur'aan competition

WOW!! MASHALLAH!!:loving:
    May Allah Reward Her For Her Efforts!!

I Am The Muslimah, Pride Of My Ummah
    Want This? Cant Touch This.
    Try Ya Best, Watch Ya Miss
    Don’t Hate On Me
    Cuz No Matter How Much You Undermine
    And Call It A Crime
    I Wear My Veil Without A Frown On This Face Of Mine.

wwwislamicboardcom - Blind Muslim girl wins Qur'aan competition
    chat Quote

Rabi'ya's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Revert4Life
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Blind Muslim girl wins Qur'aan competition

MashAllah that is amazing.

May Allah bless her...ameen

Rabi'ya:rose:

rose4 1 - Blind Muslim girl wins Qur'aan competition
    chat Quote

j50yab's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Alhumdollillah.

May Allah SWT reward her for her efforts.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    ABWAN's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

SubhanAllah..

Thought this was relevant....

Blind Thai Wins Int'l Qur'an Award

"We have to remember that there will sometimes be obstacles and tests on the path of memorization but we have to be patient and try to overcome these challenges," said Busakorn.

By Fatima Asmal, IOL Correspondent

JOHANNESBURG, October 19, 2005 (IslamOnline.net) – A Blind young man from Thailand has been awarded a prestigious international Qur'an award for learning the Noble Qur`an by heart.

Mohammad Islah Busakorn, who enrolled at the Madressah Noor for the Blind in South Africa in 1997, won first prize in the Mahir bil-Qur’an (Skilful with the Qur’an) contest organized by the International Organization for Memorizing the Qur’an (IOMQ) in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

"Al-hamdu lillah (all praise be to Allah) the judges thought I was good, but I hope that I’m good in Allah’s Sight as well," said Busakorn.

Busakorn, together with 9-year-old Humairah Rawoo, the only female participant, was selected to vie in the competition by an IOMQ representative, who recently visited South Africa.

Turning Point

Though he lost his eyesight at the young age of seven, the distress was a turning point in Busakorn's life.

Determined and defiant Busakorn started memorizing some surahs at nine and managed to memorize the Qur’an in Thailand at 11, under the supervision of an Imam.

He did not attend school as the only blind educational institute in the area was a Buddhist one.

"I stayed home and started listening to tapes of Qur’an recitation," he said.

"I didn’t have any intention of becoming a hafidh (memorizing Qur`an)," he added, explaining that the huffadh (those who memorized the Qur'an) in Thailand are something of a rarity.

Curious to learn about Shari`ah and Islamic teachings, he went all the way to South Africa when he knew from his brother about an Islamic institute for the blind and visually impaired; namely, Madressah Noor.

He said he learnt tajweed (rules of Qur'anic recitation) both, from tapes as well as in the school.

Asked what advice he had to offer to huffadh, Busakorn said that it was important to remember that the Qur’an was the best of everything.

"We have to remember that there will sometimes be obstacles and tests on the path of memorization but we have to be patient and try to overcome these challenges."

Principal of Madressah Noor, Hassen Murchie, is proud of his student.

“It’s a feather in the cap for our institute and our country, in the sense that he was in the company of huffadh of 60 different nationalities, but still achieved a ‘mumtaz’ (excellent) grade," he said.

chat Quote

8. Hide
Hey there! Blind Muslim girl wins Qur'aan competition Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Blind Muslim girl wins Qur'aan competition