× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 38 visibility 9524

Talking to nonmuslims

Malaikah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Swimming with thermus aquaticus in Yellowstone National Park
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Talking to nonmuslims

Report bad ads?

i just replied to a post in a thread started by a non-muslim (http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...it-second.html)

He wrote: Quick question here. I'm not a muslim, so I'm just wondering what the Islamic religion says will happen when I die.
    Anyone care to tell me?

My reply: Simply, a person who dies as a non-muslim will have a very heavy punishment for committing the one sin that cannot be forgiven- disbelief in the oneness of Allah (God). The person will spend eternity in hell fire.

Sounds a little harsh doesnt it? I hope that you will continue to show interest in learning about Islam and become a believer, and be given the reward of paradise if you become a good Muslim. God is just. All Muslims will eventually enter paradise but those who sinned and die before they can ask for God's forgiveness will be punished too.

I found writing that reply distressing, to tell a person that unless they become a muslim they will spend eternity in hell fire. Does any body else have an experience in situations? How do you respond to them, personally?

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Bittersteel's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Talking to nonmuslims

You are wrong.Only disbelievers go to hell.people who have learned about Islam from authentic sources and then rejected it are going to hell,not all Non-Muslims.
    chat Quote

Wan danial's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

so it is our job as muslims to do DAKWAH ISLAMIAH. If we do not try to dakwah at all which is fardhu kifayah we r also punished. this is bcause if one does not know bout the true facts bout islam, god will not punish that fella into eternal hell 4 Allah is most mercifull n most gracious
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You are wrong.Only disbelievers go to hell.people who have learned about Islam from authentic sources and then rejected it are going to hell,not all Non-Muslims.

Sorry can you clarify your statment? Are you saying that, for example, people who have only ever heard of the word Islam and yet are, say, Christians will not go to hell?

I dont think i understand your point, it goes against what i have learned.

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    mariamq's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Actually from what i was taught, If you have never ever been in contact with a muslim and have never heard about islam then Allahualam... But i dont think that there is a place where this would happen. Allah knows best.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Jewel of LI
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by cheese View Post
    I found writing that reply distressing, to tell a person that unless they become a muslim they will spend eternity in hell fire. Does any body else have an experience in situations? How do you respond to them, personally?

First of all, if you are unsure of the best way to respond to a non-muslim, then there is no reason why you should when there are other muslims around who may be able to give a better response, because you might end up driving them away from Islam. One should make certain that they have learned how to give the appropriate response first.

The response to a non-muslim is simple: we are not the judge. God knows best someone's circumstances and He will judge according to how much of the message they recieved, etc. We can't say who is in hell or not, but we can say for certain that whoever recieves the message of Prophet Muhammad pbuh and has understood it, must accept it.

So there may be many pious people in the world who have not learnt about Islam but believe in God, etc. These people are not accountable for a message they never recieved.

Talking to nonmuslims

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:
    "Surely I was sent to perfect the qualities of righteous character" [Musnad Ahmad, Muwatta Mâlik]

Visit Ansâr Al-'Adl's personal page HERE.
    Excellent resources on Islam listed HERE.
    chat Quote

ummbilal's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

salaam alakum brother,

I think the best explaination of what will happen to them is to say that muslims believe to enter paradise you must believe in The One true God, Allah, to explain that pious people before the time of the prophet saws will enter jannah though they were not exactly as we are, ie bani Israel.

explain that everyone has a chance to believe in the truth whether its because they chat to a pious muslim at work or visit islamic web sites and gain knowlage of islam there, isolated tribes who never meet a muslim will come accross the truth some how and Allahu alam.
    what they do with that knowlage is what they'll be questioned about, if they decide islam is "too strict, too hard, too extreem" and turn away they are kufr, ie those who reject faith and the punishment for rejecting faith is the anger of your Creator and eternity in hell.

hopefully this will help to explain, rather than just saying, you'll burn in hell forever,

a difficult moment for me was when a non practising muslim friend asked me what would happen to her mother who had died several years before by committing suicide, very hard,

inshaallah Allah guide us all.
    Talking to nonmuslims

Indeed Allah is Great and Good Allhumdulilah
    chat Quote

ummbilal's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Abrar View Post
    i suggest you read "natural Instincts" by sheikh Abdullah Faisal
    he explains that one of our natural instincts is to worship Allah alone, which is why shirk is unforgivable by allah except for those who repent.
    Talking to nonmuslims

Indeed Allah is Great and Good Allhumdulilah
    chat Quote

Tasneem's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by mariamq View Post
    Actually from what i was taught, If you have never ever been in contact with a muslim and have never heard about islam then Allahualam... But i dont think that there is a place where this would happen. Allah knows best.
    Thats not true because if u really believed in god then Allah would have guided u to the straight way.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Tasneem's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Abrar View Post

If u know about islam if you've heard about it then u reject it that person will go to hell.
    Allah will not accept any other religion other than islam.
    So if a person dies without accepting islam then from what i have heard then they are going to Hell.If a person really believed thne Allah would have guided him or her.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Jewel of LI
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I would encourage members to not advance their personal opinions/ideas/hearsay as the Islamic belief when they are not sure on the topic. It is established by the consensus of Muslim scholars that there are indeed people in the world who do not recieve the message of Islam and consequently will be judged according to their circumstances. Imaam Ibn Al-Qayyim said concerning non-muslims who did not recieve the message of Islam:
    We cannot rule whether such people are believers or unbelievers, because disbelieving means to deny something, while in their case, they did not know about the message from the first instance. As they were neither believers nor unbelievers, they should have a different ruling on the Day of Judgment.

Even if we were to say that they are unbelievers, then we would still have to say that the precondition for unbelievers to be punished in the Hereafter has not been ralized in their case. They have to be warned first. Allah will not punish people without a previous warning. This warning should be in the language that the person understands.
    (Tarîq al-Hijratayn and Ahkâm ahl al-Dhimmah)
    Wallahu 'alam.
    Talking to nonmuslims

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:
    "Surely I was sent to perfect the qualities of righteous character" [Musnad Ahmad, Muwatta Mâlik]

Visit Ansâr Al-'Adl's personal page HERE.
    Excellent resources on Islam listed HERE.
    chat Quote

libyanhero's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by cheese View Post

i just replied to a post in a thread started by a non-muslim (http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...it-second.html)

He wrote: Quick question here. I'm not a muslim, so I'm just wondering what the Islamic religion says will happen when I die.
    Anyone care to tell me?

My reply: Simply, a person who dies as a non-muslim will have a very heavy punishment for committing the one sin that cannot be forgiven- disbelief in the oneness of Allah (God). The person will spend eternity in hell fire.

Sounds a little harsh doesnt it? I hope that you will continue to show interest in learning about Islam and become a believer, and be given the reward of paradise if you become a good Muslim. God is just. All Muslims will eventually enter paradise but those who sinned and die before they can ask for God's forgiveness will be punished too.

sister you should do your best to learn about Islam its a solution to all problems faced by man in life, yet its purity, its guidance

Islam isn't just a religion, its the way of life

you seem to have a good intention and i hope inshallah your an openminded person, to answer your question about disbelievers going to hell Allah is just and most merciful we are not sure as to the disbelievers that never heard of the word Islam and died because its our obligation to give them dawah)invite them) so I am not sure about that but the disbelievers who don't believe in Allah and know the religion of islam yet are ignorant and constant in thier disbelief than yes I am sure they will be in hell.

Come debate us, if you would like I would be more than happy and I am sure the forum members would be delighted to answer your questions
    Talking to nonmuslims

“If you punish, then punish with the like of that wherewith you were afflicted. But if you endure patiently, indeed it is better for the patient. Endure you patiently. Your patience is not except through the help of Allah." (al-Nahl 16:126-127)
    chat Quote

Guardian's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I don't understand. So how much of Islam do you have to know of in order to reject it? I mean there are many people in the United States, for example, whom have heard of the Muslim religion but remain Christian because that is what their parents believed in. Thus they do not bother to find out more about the religion. Would they be rejecting Islam in this case?

Another question, is it our obligation to tell them of Islam? I would rather they not know because if they did, they might end up rejecting the idea. I would rather that they get judged under different circumstances. After all, think about it logically - No matter how much Islam makes more sense and is obvious that it is the right religion, not many people will give up the religion that they have grown up believing is true and who's parents and loved ones also believe its true.

I have many non-muslim friends and the thought that they would be going to hell pains me greatly. :unhappy:
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

thats the same ideology that goes on with cultures these days not many muslims are acceptive of a marriage with someone from a different culture but that is so wrong, and muslims need to go back and fix thier religion cuz islam has no boundaries

it doesnt matter what your parents are besides if your in love you would probably choose your wife over your parents for disbelievers because we in islam are still ought to keep contact and keep good relations with our parents and take care of them even though we are married but disbelievers dont have that obligation and some end up choosing their wives over their parents and lose respect for them so if thats possible why isnt the most important possession in your life that you would own not more important than what you been raised as?

in other words, if you can let go of your parents during marriage and love your wife over your parents than why isnt the true religion decreed by Allah more important that your parents?
    Last edited by libyanhero; 12-07-2005 at 02:48 AM.
    Talking to nonmuslims

“If you punish, then punish with the like of that wherewith you were afflicted. But if you endure patiently, indeed it is better for the patient. Endure you patiently. Your patience is not except through the help of Allah." (al-Nahl 16:126-127)
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I don't know about that. Blood is thicker than water. I know that if I was in a position where I had to choose between a wife or between my family, I would choose my family. I know that regardless of what happens, I want to end up with my family in the end - regardless of wether that ends up being hell or heaven. I am just fortunate that Allah has allowed me to be born into a Muslim family. However, had I not been, I do not think I would have converted no matter how much the Muslim religion made sense. I would not have done it because I would rather go to hell with my family than to heaven alone. I'm sure there are many people who feel the same way and will not convert for the same reason. That is why I am asking the questions that I asked above. Thank you in advance for any responses you can give me.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

However, had I not been, I do not think I would have converted no matter how much the Muslim religion made sense. I would not have done it because I would rather go to hell with my family than to heaven alone.
    Thats ignogrance right there, if you had know what hell would feel like you would have thrived to escape as much as you can

take this for instance: If your family jumped in a lava, would you go jump I don't think so and hell is 70 000 times hotter than whats on earth
    Talking to nonmuslims

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by libyanhero View Post
    Thats ignogrance right there, if you had know what hell would feel like you would have thrived to escape as much as you can

take this for instance: If your family jumped in a lava, would you go jump I don't think so and hell is 70 000 times hotter than whats on earth
    If I loved my family enough I would. Knowing that I am with them might give them the strength to endure the lava. Besides, would you really think heaven would be all that much greater with you in it knowing your family is burning in lava. Would you really feel rightous eating food knowing your family is starving. Would you really want to be seperated from those you love for all eternity? Even though I would be jumping into lava, I know I am beside the people that I care about. That love alone will get me to do it.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

YOu know there is a verse in the quran which basically says would you like to eat you and your family fire which basically means your duty after reverting would be to convince your family as much as you can and whatever else is solely for Allah. So you have the option of saving your family or sinking with them
    Talking to nonmuslims

chat Quote

*charisma*'s Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    #AlwaysInMyDuas
    I am a traveler, May Jannah be my home ameen
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Assalamu Alaikum

I don't know about that. Blood is thicker than water. I know that if I was in a position where I had to choose between a wife or between my family, I would choose my family. I know that regardless of what happens, I want to end up with my family in the end - regardless of wether that ends up being hell or heaven. I am just fortunate that Allah has allowed me to be born into a Muslim family. However, had I not been, I do not think I would have converted no matter how much the Muslim religion made sense. I would not have done it because I would rather go to hell with my family than to heaven alone. I'm sure there are many people who feel the same way and will not convert for the same reason. That is why I am asking the questions that I asked above. Thank you in advance for any responses you can give me.
    Rather you should think of who created them for you? and if they are on an incorrect path to try and help guide them. Besides if you do make it to Jannah..u might get a chance to see them if you ask of Allah's permission .

I don't understand. So how much of Islam do you have to know of in order to reject it? I mean there are many people in the United States, for example, whom have heard of the Muslim religion but remain Christian because that is what their parents believed in. Thus they do not bother to find out more about the religion. Would they be rejecting Islam in this case?
    I believe that those who do seek a righteous religion are led to Islam one way or another because they are seeking it from the heart and willing to find the truth so Allah will guide them. However, those who are, like you say, know about Islam but remain Christian only because of their parents sake or because their parents are Christian arent really seeking guidance or a religion at that, meaning they would go with the flow, accept whatever to be accepted lol

Another question, is it our obligation to tell them of Islam? I would rather they not know because if they did, they might end up rejecting the idea. I would rather that they get judged under different circumstances. After all, think about it logically - No matter how much Islam makes more sense and is obvious that it is the right religion, not many people will give up the religion that they have grown up believing is true and who's parents and loved ones also believe its true.
    I have many non-muslim friends and the thought that they would be going to hell pains me greatly.
    The thing with Islam is you are supposed to spread the knowledge, if you know something good why not spread it? Take this as an example: lets say you were taking a test in class or something and you were allowed to use notes so its like an open note test... however your friend was absent prior to that day and didnt know of this information, why shouldnt you tell him? would you want him to fail. and lets say you did tell him but he didnt believe you because the teacher never ever gives out open note tests so therefore he is risking failure..would that be your fault??
    its the same way in life, If you tell someone about Islam, they will gain curiousity and maybe not right away then will they convert but maybe along the lines in the future, or maybe they will pass that info to someone else that will know and convert others. If you care about ur friends, then dont hold back on giving them information that can make their lives better or rather secure their future. I wonder if your friends feel the same about you..you know like not wanting you to go to hell.

fi aman Allah
    w'salaam
    Talking to nonmuslims

D e a t h

is the easiest
    of all things after it
    ; ;

the hardest
    of all things before it
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by libyanhero View Post
    sister you should do your best to learn about Islam its a solution to all problems faced by man in life, yet its purity, its guidance

Islam isn't just a religion, its the way of life

you seem to have a good intention and i hope inshallah your an openminded person, to answer your question about disbelievers going to hell Allah is just and most merciful we are not sure as to the disbelievers that never heard of the word Islam and died because its our obligation to give them dawah)invite them) so I am not sure about that but the disbelievers who don't believe in Allah and know the religion of islam yet are ignorant and constant in thier disbelief than yes I am sure they will be in hell.

Come debate us, if you would like I would be more than happy and I am sure the forum members would be delighted to answer your questions

Thanks! but i dont intend to debate anyone, i just wanted to know how others felt about this kind of thing. Alhamdulilah i have already learned a lot more than i expected to when i started this thread.

i think some people have been annoyed by what i first posted, sorry that wasnt my intention at all to offend any one , and please next time you jump at me and tell me "you are wrong", support your claim!

chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Talking to nonmuslims Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Talking to nonmuslims