× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 43 visibility 5172

Under"covered" Brothers

Snowflake's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Assalamu alaykum
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Cool Under"covered" Brothers

Report bad ads?

Alhumdulillah, there are a lot of brothers in my town who practice Islam and dress accordingly. I respect them to the max. I know the ankles should be left bare but *cough cough* I think some brothers do not know their ankles from their knees cuz lol (wait let me laugh) they have their trousers rolled up alllllll the way to the knees, like they just crossed a river. The trouser is so high up it's hidden by the upper garment so it looks so scary like they got nothing on underneath. Surely it's only the ankles that should be bare, not half the leg. Me and my mom were driving home one day and we saw this bro in that style... whaoooo his upper garment was like just below the knee all you could see were two hairy legs underneath the upper garment. I was like omg where's his trousers? So embarrassing!!!

Anywayz, didnt mean to start a discussion but just don't wanna see a sight like that again. So plz plz plz, if this is you plz buy some longer length trousers and look a bit more decent. Thanks

Last edited by Snowflake; 01-03-2006 at 10:32 PM.

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Brothers plz cover up!!!!!!

sis its a sunnah..

I said: Give me some advice. He said: Do not abuse anyone. He said that he did not abuse a freeman, or a slave, or a camel or a sheep thenceforth. He said: Do not look down upon any good work, and when you speak to your brother, show him a cheerful face. This is a good work. Have your lower garment halfway down your shin; if you cannot do it, have it up to the ankles. Beware of trailing the lower garment, for it is conceit and Allah does not like conceit. And if a man abuses and shames you for something which he finds in you, then do not shame him for something which you find in him; he will bear the evil consequences for it.

(sunan abu dawud - b32/4003)

wa Allaahu a'lam.

brightness_1
    Assalamu alaykum
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Ok down to shin, which is halfway down from knee to ankle. Still it means should be way below the knee. And jazakAllah for the hadith but does it relate to when a brother is working or at all times?

Last edited by Snowflake; 01-03-2006 at 10:31 PM.

brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Question.

Dear Muslim Brother or Sister, I have admired how our sisters have obeyed Islam and choose to wear the Hijab. And as a male trying to embrace Islam, I would like to know if there is certain dress code for men. Any answer will help and may Allah bless you for it.

Answer.

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Dear brother in Islam, we would like to thank you for showing keenness on knowing the teachings of Islam, and we appreciate the great confidence you have in us. We hope our efforts meet your expectations, yet we apologize for the late reply.

With regard to your question, Sheikh Muhammad Iqbal Nadvi, Imam of Calgary Mosque, Canada, and Former Professor at King Saud Univ., Saudi Arabia, answers:

“I appreciate your concern about the dress code. Islamically, a dress is supposed to serve two purposes:

1. Covering the `Awrah (private parts) of the body.
    2. Serving the purpose of adornment and beautification.

Reviewing the Qur’an, we find that Allah, the Almighty, describes the dress of believers as “The Dress of Piety” or Libasut-Taqwa, and this exactly emphasizes the aforementioned two conditions, and stresses that such a dress should never be used for showing off. Almighty Allah says: “But the raiment of righteousness, - that is the best.” (Al-`Araaf: 26)

Islam has provided few guidelines to achieve this quality:

1. The first condition is that the dress has to be Halal by its origin, i.e. purchased or owned through Halal earning.

2. The second is that it must not imply imitation of other people’s dress. This means we should not imitate others’ religious attire or style, as the Hadith states: “Whoever imitates some people will be ranked among them.” (Irwaa’ul Ghaleel, Al-Albaani, Hadith no. 2384)

3. The third condition is that the dress must not carry any resemblance to women’s dress. This means men’s dress must not involve any kind of feminine style of adornment: pure silk, golden dress, very bright and fast color, are all considered permissible for women, but not for men.

Below this level are some cultural choices and this may come as a second level. But what is important is that Islam promotes unique identity for Muslims in every action, and this applies to the dress code. So, Islam encourages the dress which represents the message of Islam, and which distinguishes Muslims from others. I hope you will develop your taste so to achieve the goal of piety, which is the best as the Qur’an has pointed out.”

Do keep in touch. If you have any other question, don't hesitate to write to us.

Allah Almighty knows best.

source:
    http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503545620

6. Report bad ads?
    Tasneem's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Its the sunnah for the men to wear the pants above the ankles
    If The male does not wear it on the day of judgement the ankles will burn
    Or be on fire or something like that.

SaLaMz
    Under"covered" Brothers

~!My hijab is my crown!~

~For My past will for ever be a part of my present and my future!~

I know i look diffrent--im going through something.Make dua for me

swanlake's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

sorry sis but you shouldnt have looked his 'hairy' legs to begin with. Your eyes shouldnt linger even if you find it distateful.

Tasneem's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Sometimes you make a mistake and look
    If his pants were up and his legs were showing and you were lowering you're gaze of course you are going to see his''hairy'' legs

SaLaMz
    Under"covered" Brothers

~!My hijab is my crown!~

~For My past will for ever be a part of my present and my future!~

I know i look diffrent--im going through something.Make dua for me

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

But when looking at someone, you look at their face first, dont you? and not the legs. Anyhow we all do mistakes. May Allah forgive us.

brightness_1
    Assalamu alaykum
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by swanlake View Post

sorry sis but you shouldnt have looked his 'hairy' legs to begin with. Your eyes shouldnt linger even if you find it distateful.

Sis my gaze was not 'lingering' on the brothers legs :grumbling . Anyway its hard to linger when you you're driving past someone at 50mph Sis you make it look like I was counting the hairs on his legs. We saw him coming cuz we were driving in the direction opposite, so I couldnt really miss him could I?
    And don't forget I was at the same height as his waist, cuz I was sitting in the car. Lol, now I sound like a dwarf It's not my fault I looked at his legs and not his face from that height.

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Assalamu alaykum
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

But when looking at someone, you look at their face first, dont you? and not the legs. Anyhow we all do mistakes. May Allah forgive us.
    You just admitted that normally ppl look at faces first, whereas you said before that I shouldnt have looked at all. It's the intention that counts sis. Allah knows I don't get kicks out of it. Don't make me feel like a biggggg sinner plzzz:'(

brightness_1
    Assalamu alaykum
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

JazakAllah for the article fi_Sabilillah bro. I understand the ankles have to be bare. But you gotto admit taking it all the way up to the knee is a bit too much lol

cldnite's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salamualaikum,

Jazakullah khair, sis. thnx for the insight. however, as stated, it is a sunnah to keep it half way b/t the knees and ankles. Also, i have seen more men without this sunnah than with it. so, i think it would be better to congratulate such zeal for the sunnah rather than make people feel embarassed. it's kind of like telling a sister, "omg, i know you wanna follow Islam by wearing a hijab n all, but... could u atleast wear some make-up? that black-head on your nose is reeeeeallly annoying!"

i hope you get my point, insh'Allah.

And Allah knows best wAllahuAlam. Salamualaikum.

azim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Lol, funny thread. But yeh, us brothers should cover up more.

I'm guilty of it myself (hot summers, tke off my top, astagfirallah) however I used to pull my boxer-shorts up to cover my bully botton so at least my aura was covered, and it was only in my house as well, but still. Insha'Allah I won't do it again though.

On the topic of trousers above the ankle: -

I think some brothers (not on this forum, I mean in real non-cyber life) should remember the reason why the Prophet (pbuh) was cursed those who wear long-trailing clothes. It was because of Kibir, pride. They thought they were better than others, richer than others, so they distinguised themselves.

These days, you have brothers do the flip-reverse. They'll wear sunnah trousers/clothes, and then look down on everyone else because they're not doing the same, showing kibir but for a different reasons. This is just as hated as wearing flowing clothes. So GO! TELL EVERYONE!

sumay28's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Your eyes shouldnt linger even if you find it distateful.
    :blind: These brothers make it hard when they're wearing white thobes, and the beard... oh my god some of these brothers wear kohl... I definitely try not to gase, but I tell ya... sometimes I literally have to take my hand and COVER my eyes because my eyes begin to have a mind of their own when they see guys in sunnah.

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Assalamu alaykum
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by sumay28 View Post
    :blind: These brothers make it hard when they're wearing white thobes, and the beard... oh my god some of these brothers wear kohl... I definitely try not to gase, but I tell ya... sometimes I literally have to take my hand and COVER my eyes because my eyes begin to have a mind of their own when they see guys in sunnah.
    :scared: :X Ya Allah plz let the mods turn a blind eye to this post lololol. Sis I love ur honesty but if this thread is closed Im gonna kill ya lololol
    Last edited by Snowflake; 01-04-2006 at 02:41 AM.

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I am sorry sis nadia (my sis is called nadia). I didnt mean to imply that you were big sinner. Pls forgive me?

MetSudaisTwice's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

salam
    for me it is easier and simpler to wear a white thobe that goes just above your ankle
    wasalam

Muezzin's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Bat-Mod
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Wait a minute....

You guys seem to be using the term 'pants' and 'trousers' interchangeably

Pants:

underpants - Under"covered" Brothers

Trousers:

mens trousers - Under"covered" Brothers

And on topic, perhaps they're wearing shorts under their kameez, as crazily insane as that might be.

brightness_1
    Assalamu alaykum
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I am sorry sis nadia (my sis is called nadia). I didnt mean to imply that you were big sinner. Pls forgive me?
    Heyyy it's ok sis, alhumdulillah I never keep anything in my heart. About 60 seconds max lol

format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice View Post
    salam
    for me it is easier and simpler to wear a white thobe that goes just above your ankle
    wasalam
    MashaAllahhh Metsu bro, now that sounds perfect. Just above the ankle looks the best *hint hint* broz

24. Report bad ads?
    Sahabiyaat's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    in a universe..in a galaxy...on a planet in a country in a state in AN area in a house in a room:)
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Nadia Waheed View Post
    one day and we saw this bro in that style... whaoooo his upper garment was like just below the knee all you could see were two hairy legs underneath the upper garment.
    hahahahaha
    lol what did u expect ay ?
    Under"covered" Brothers

My heart, so precious,
    I won't trade for a hundred thousand souls.
    Your one smile takes it for free.Rumi

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! Under"covered" Brothers Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Under"covered" Brothers