Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The Palin Idolatry

Report bad ads?

Hi everyone.

I am a Christian but my Faith has been badly and repeatedly shaken by what I understand to be an undercurrent of Idolatry within Christianity, particularly in the US.

When Sarah Palin was nominated as Republican VP candidate I has this impression most definitely.
    Please do not stone me to death. I am posting this link here because I am looking for answers.

For more, please click here.

In order to better formulate what I think the problem is and also to get feedback and hopefully trigger helpful discussion about what I perceive to be the problem, I wrote a couple pages and put them online. I would like to know how they are understood from a muslim perspective. It seems to me that Islam has kept a better memory than Christianity of what we owe God: utmost respect and absolute abhorrence of Idolatry. All comments welcome.

For more, please click here.
    Last edited by Intisar; 10-21-2008 at 10:46 PM. Reason: picture's removed, woman's 'awrah shown.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    fi11222's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: The Palin Idolatry

Sorry, the above message has been garbled in the publishing process and I canno find the edit button ...
    chat Quote

Hamayun's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Allahu Akbar
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You are right Brother. Where the Bible has been modified so many times the Quran on the other hand is in its original form.
    It has not changed one bit for the last 1400 years.
    chat Quote

north_malaysian's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by fi11222 View Post
    Please do not stone me to death.
    We have like 1 gezillions other things to do than stoning people all year round...no worries...

P/S: Only Muslim married men who have sex with other women are allowed to be stoned in Islam. And only a handful of Muslim countries are practising this execution.
    The Palin Idolatry

Assalamualaykum... I am back!!
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    alcurad's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I don't like palin and all, but the link you posted is a bit too overboard with the idolatry theme. yes we believe christianity to have been corrupted by pagan traditions, etc but I don't really see the connection when it comes to palin...
    The Palin Idolatry

” إن الأمة التي تحسن صناعة الموت توهب لها الحياة”

正直・・・微妙
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by alcurad View Post
    I don't like palin and all, but the link you posted is a bit too overboard with the idolatry theme. yes we believe christianity to have been corrupted by pagan traditions, etc but I don't really see the connection when it comes to palin...
    Did you read the section of the website on ancient deities like Ishtar or Astarte, Venus, etc.?

By the way, I believe there is a connection with Islam there. Ishtar is supposed to be the daughter of Sin, the moon God, in ancient Mesopotamian religion. Sin was always represented with a moon crescent like Allah.

If you assume that Allah had revealed himself to mankind before Muhammad and was known as Sin (or Nannar in Sumerian), you can then see that Ishtar (or Inanna in Sumerian) was a gross corruption of the idea of a monotheistic god. People wanted to worship lust so they invented a "daughter" to blasphemously go with God.

I believe that something similar is going on now within the Republican camp in the US.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio
    I believe there is a connection with Islam there. Ishtar is supposed to be the daughter of Sin, the moon God, in ancient Mesopotamian religion. Sin was always represented with a moon crescent like Allah.
    hm...
    Last edited by doorster; 10-22-2008 at 08:11 AM.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by doorster View Post
    hm...
    Are you sure you did not misunderstand what I just said ?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Are you sure you did not misunderstand what I just said ?
    knowing me, it is very likely that I did.

Peace!
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

knowing me, it is very likely that I did.

Peace!
    What I am trying to say is that Islam was the solution to this sort of problem in Arabia, Irak and the rest of the Middle East.

Before Muhammad came, the region was up to its neck in the idolatrous worship of Inanna/Ishtar and its various derivatives. After, nothing was left of that.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

What I am trying to say is that Islam was the solution to this sort of problem in Arabia, Irak and the rest of the Middle East.

Before Muhammad came, the region was up to its neck in the idolatrous worship of Inanna/Ishtar and its various derivatives. Afterwards, nothing was left of that.
    Thank You! I owe you more than just an apology now!!

Peace!
    chat Quote

barney's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Your first link Fi11221221, was simply a mishmash of highly dubious similisms. The best one is Palin on a motorcycle alongside the Hindu Goddess on a tiger.
    Yep, thats what Palin thought when she sat astride the Harley. "Hey this shot makes me look just like that Hindu tiger riding Goddess....that will clinch some votes for sure."

I dont like Palin, I'm English and so havnt a say in weather she wins or not. I think she's pretty neocon and we could do with more stable hands at the helm right now.
    She also has the asthetic qualities of a moose, and on that alone, if I was American, I'd vote against her.
    The Palin Idolatry

Occupation: The term of control of a territory by foreign military forces: Iraq 2003-2005
    Liberation:when something or someone is freed: Operation Telic 2003
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thank You! I owe you more than just an apology now!!

Peace!
    Thank you doorster for the noble gesture. Go bless you.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by barney View Post
    Your first link Fi11221221, was simply a mishmash of highly dubious similisms. The best one is Palin on a motorcycle alongside the Hindu Goddess on a tiger. Yep, thats what Palin thought when she sat astride the Harley. "Hey this shot makes me look just like that Hindu tiger riding Goddess....that will clinch some votes for sure."
    Before you reach a conclusion on what I posted I think you should read the whole site and not just the section on Palin.

The other sections give more detail information on the similarities I think there are between Palin and an ancient Goddess:

- This section regarding the ancient history of Ishtar and its derivatives.
    - This section about what the Bible has to say about Idolatry
    - This section about the modern Idolatry of female beauty.
    - This section about the girl-with-guns archetype.

Have you read these four sections in detail ?
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    Chuck's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Did you read the section of the website on ancient deities like Ishtar or Astarte, Venus, etc.?

By the way, I believe there is a connection with Islam there. Ishtar is supposed to be the daughter of Sin, the moon God, in ancient Mesopotamian religion. Sin was always represented with a moon crescent like Allah.

If you assume that Allah had revealed himself to mankind before Muhammad and was known as Sin (or Nannar in Sumerian), you can then see that Ishtar (or Inanna in Sumerian) was a gross corruption of the idea of a monotheistic god. People wanted to worship lust so they invented a "daughter" to blasphemously go with God.

I believe that something similar is going on now within the Republican camp in the US.
    I would recommend first you learn about Islam properly before you make a comment about it. If there is no good introductory course on Islam available near by you then Sunni Path web site has good for online courses.
    The Palin Idolatry

It is not Al-Birr (piety, righteousness, and obedience to Allâh, etc.) that you turn your faces towards east and (or) west (in prayers); but Al-Birr is (the quality of) the one who believes in Allâh, the Last Day, the Angels, the Book, the Prophets and gives his wealth, in spite of love for it, to the kinsfolk, to the orphans, and to Al-Masâkîn (the poor), and to the wayfarer, and to those who ask, and to set slaves free, performs As-Salât, and gives the Zakât, and keep their word whenever they make a promise, and who are patient in extreme poverty and ailment (disease) and at the time of persecution, hardship, and war. Such are the people of the truth and they are Al-Muttaqûn (the pious).

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    I would recommend first you learn about Islam properly before you make a comment about it. If there is no good introductory course on Islam available near by you then Sunni Path web site has good for online courses.
    If I had a choice between LI and Sunni path to learn Islam from I'll choose LI

Last edited by doorster; 10-22-2008 at 02:59 PM.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

If I had a choice between LI and Sunni path to learn Islam from I'll choose LI

Sunnipath has proper online courses. LI website is good but it doesn't follow course structure. But sure he can learn from people here and LI main website along with courses on Islam if he wants to take courses. I would recommend taking a course because learning on forums and website is not same as taking a class.
    The Palin Idolatry

It is not Al-Birr (piety, righteousness, and obedience to Allâh, etc.) that you turn your faces towards east and (or) west (in prayers); but Al-Birr is (the quality of) the one who believes in Allâh, the Last Day, the Angels, the Book, the Prophets and gives his wealth, in spite of love for it, to the kinsfolk, to the orphans, and to Al-Masâkîn (the poor), and to the wayfarer, and to those who ask, and to set slaves free, performs As-Salât, and gives the Zakât, and keep their word whenever they make a promise, and who are patient in extreme poverty and ailment (disease) and at the time of persecution, hardship, and war. Such are the people of the truth and they are Al-Muttaqûn (the pious).

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Sunnipath has proper online courses. LI website is good but it doesn't follow course structure. But sure he can learn from people here and LI main website along with courses on Islam if he wants to take courses. I would recommend taking a course because learning on forums and website is not same as taking a class.
    I did not mean it like that: I meant that if I had a choice between remaining relatively ignorant and taking a course from them at sunni path, I'll choose LI because for most part LI is a non-sectarian site and does NOT actively teach a version of ****ism

3 sites are on top of my hate-list (joint number one)

1) Alkauther academy
    1) islamqa
    1) sunni path

among my most favourite are
    1) islamonline.net
    2) islam tomorrow
    3) almaghrib
    3) LI

Last edited by doorster; 10-22-2008 at 03:54 PM.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I did not mean it like that: I meant that if I had a choice between remaining relatively ignorant and taking a course from them at sunni path, I'll choose LI because for most part LI is a non-sectarian site and does NOT actively teach a version of ****ism
    Well, sunni path has good teachers and I know few who have taken their courses from sunni path, and they said their courses were good and better than forums and reading articles. Non-online classes are better as their is personal interaction with the teacher. Online class rooms not the same, but still better then discussions on forums. Their 'understanding of Islam' course does NOT actively teach any sectarian version.
    The Palin Idolatry

chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    barney's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Before you reach a conclusion on what I posted I think you should read the whole site and not just the section on Palin.

The other sections give more detail information on the similarities I think there are between Palin and an ancient Goddess:

- This section regarding the ancient history of Ishtar and its derivatives.
    - This section about what the Bible has to say about Idolatry
    - This section about the modern Idolatry of female beauty.
    - This section about the girl-with-guns archetype.

Have you read these four sections in detail ?
    Yes, and I took my tinfoil hat off, and it was still a mishmash of fantastical insanity. Palin is holding a gun. She holds a gun because she will get the NRA vote. She has no idea that it is a M16A3/1 that fires 5.56mmX45mm,semirimmed rounds. Its a black gun that will get her votes.

The Goddess stuff is simply batasscrazy fruitloopy nutjob laalaagaagaa evidently false rantings of the insane. I advise you to stay well clear of it for your own sanity.
    The Palin Idolatry

Occupation: The term of control of a territory by foreign military forces: Iraq 2003-2005
    Liberation:when something or someone is freed: Operation Telic 2003
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! The Palin Idolatry Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. The Palin Idolatry