Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Evolution.

Report bad ads?

Assalamu alaikum brothers and sisters.
    As you can see from the title this is about evolution.
    All i would like to know is your views on evolution, i know its been here alot of times but the last one thread i read endes in 2009 and now its 2013 anything new in your views or is it all the same? From my understanding we can believe in evolution and common ancestor for every species alive except humans, do any of you see differently
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    saqattack's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Evolution.

Spelling mistakes are because im writing from a iphone, if there are any.
    chat Quote

Good brother's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

salam alaikum,proof ?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by saqattack View Post
    From my understanding we can believe in evolution and common ancestor for every species alive except humans, do any of you see differently
    Wa Alaikkum As'alaam

I don't know if you read the Holy Qur'an but it says that Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala created all living things. Evolution is not compatible with Islam nor any of the other Abrahmaic faiths. Evolution is an easy ticket for the atheists in denying our Creator. As it says in the Holy Qur'an 'evidence' is all around us, you just need to look.
    | Likes MustafaMc liked this post
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Al-Mufarridun's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Evolution is a very broad subject. There are parts of Evolution that don't contradict with Islam, and parts of evolution that are far away from Islam.
    Last edited by Al-Mufarridun; 02-20-2013 at 10:46 AM.
    Evolution.

chat Quote

Indian Bro's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

As-salamu alaykum,

It depends on what you mean about evolution. Evolution is an undeniable fact. For example, the English language has definitely evolved a great deal since the time of perhaps Shakespeare. Even our means of transport has evolved at a phenomenal rate, I don't see many people riding horses anymore. And there are many other things which have definitely evolved around us. But when you talk about species evolving from different species - that is something which isn't a fact but just a theory, and that is something I don't accept.

And Allah (s.w.t.) knows best.
    Evolution.

Not a single leaf falls from the trees of the Earth without the permission of Allah سبحانه وتعالى

Flashfallingleaves 1 - Evolution.
    chat Quote

sister herb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

As some remark; if evolution of species is impossible (now I mean inside of same species), then how it is possible that a horse was very different about 52 million years ago (Eohippus) than it is now (Equus). Or maybe they haven´t nothing to do together as the stage of development of same animal.

But what means "evolution of different species"? Not inside of one and same?
    Evolution.

From Occupied Palestine:

We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Im talking about biological evolution and all that about everyone having a common ancestor, ive read and heard also that the quran does not deny nor confirm that all species evolved from a common ancestor, besides humans, they are a speciel creation.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Assalam alaikum
    Proof that all species evolved from a common ancestor ??
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Good brother View Post
    Proof that all species evolved from a common ancestor ??
    Indeed why would all species need to evolve? Why can't all life be as they were created by Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala. Evolution is a false science.
    | Likes Good brother liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Im not saying i can prove anything nor am i here too, i just wanted you peoples view on the subject lol
    chat Quote

Independent's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

There have been more recent threads on evolution, perhaps under different titles so they didn't show up in your search. Based on what was said there, I would say that the view adopted by many Muslims is to distinguish between 'macro' and 'micro' evolution.

Macro evolution involves the development of a whole new species that is distinct from and unable to breed with other species. This is not accepted by most Muslims in this forum.

Micro evolution refers to the smaller changes within a population - eg bigger and smaller dogs, different colours etc. This is accepted by most Muslims.

In other words, you can breed a dog into a rottweiler or a pekinese, but they're both still dogs. You can't breed them into a cat.

The principle technical objections by Muslims and also Christian Creationists to the theory of evolution (besides scriptural reasons) is:

1. That science has not put forward a satisfactory explanation for the original creation for the first life.
    2. There is no suitable mechanism for evolution by gradual mutation and selective breeding (because according to the existing mathematical mutation rate it would take too long).

Apologies if I got any of that wrong - the resident expert on this forum is MustaphaMc. (I myself do believe in evolution.)
    Last edited by Independent; 02-20-2013 at 02:31 PM.
    | Likes MustafaMc liked this post
    chat Quote

Muhaba's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    فصبرٌ جميلٌ
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Cars evolved. compare the first cars with todays and tell us how today's cars are different from the first ones and how are they the same. did cars evolve from each other without human interference? did they come into being by themselves? Why not! In the future it's even possible that cars will drive by themselves. I can hear one car saying to another, we have no proof that human exists!
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by saqattack View Post
    Assalamu alaikum brothers and sisters.
    As you can see from the title this is about evolution....
    A conference on this topic:-
    =
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbynBJVTWKI
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by WRITER View Post
    Cars evolved. compare the first cars with todays and tell us how today's cars are different from the first ones and how are they the same. did cars evolve from each other without human interference? did they come into being by themselves? Why not! In the future it's even possible that cars will drive by themselves. I can hear one car saying to another, we have no proof that human exists!
    Not really. They were 'made' with different designs and different materials in a new way.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by sur View Post
    A conference on this topic:-
    =
    Insert youtube video link here cause im not allowed to post or quote links yet... Lol
    I saw that the day it came out, that was some of the longest 4 hours ever!!
    chat Quote

Perseveranze's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Asalaamu Alaikum,

There was a recent paper out on it by Hamza, which is pretty good. - http://www.hamzatzortzis.com/essays-...and-certainty/

And I know of some students of knowledge that are working on what's been described as the "most comprehensive work" on the subject of evolution and Islam. I'll post it once it comes out Insha Allah.
    Evolution.

A Fast Growing Islamic Search Website -

www.Searching-Islam.com
    chat Quote

MustafaMc's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I am a cotton breeder and my views on macro evolution are not positive. For example, cultivated cotton, Gossypium hirsutum, is a tetraploid (4 sets of 13 chromosomes) and another species, Gossypium longicalyx, is a diploid that has a gene for resistance to a nematode (microscopic worm) pest of cotton. These 2 species are related, meaning genetically similar, but they are sexually incompatible. A university in Belgium has gone through highly specific scientific methods and a lot of effort to transfer this gene into cotton as detailed in this paper http://wcrc.confex.com/wcrc/2007/techprogram/P1190.HTM . Given the extreme difficulty that they had in successfully breeding this gene into cotton, I believe that the probabilty of this happening naturally through evolutionary principles is in fact zero despite the obvious advantage of having resistance to this pest. This is a simple example of impossibility of natural transferring of a single gene from one related plant species to another.

Another extreme example is modern genetic engineering whereby scientists have taken a gene from a bacteria, Bacillus thuringensis, that produces an insecticidal toxin and reverse engineered it into corn and cotton plants such that the plant expresses a bacterial gene. There is, again, zero probability of this ever having occured naturally without an intelligent being directing the process.

I believe in Allah as our Creator and I believe He likewise created all living and extinct species of life. Now, by what means was taken to create the different species doesn't really matter to me whether it was instantaneous or over millions of years I still believe that it required a Creator. I am aware of the complexity of genetics down to the molecular level and the process by which a sperm and egg unite resulting ultimately in a new individual is nothing short of miraculous to me. If one looks at it from an individual perspective we are living examples of so-called evolution as we started off as 2 unicellular entities that joined and went through an amazing transformation to yield a new sexually potent individual within merely 12-14 years. My strongest belief is that the system of life, and the various species of life down to the most minute bacteria, is too complicated to have arisen by mere chance.
    | Likes Muhaba, CosmicPathos, greenhill liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Jazakum Allahu khaira ,this is true, just google "Hybrids And Hybridisation"
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    Muhaba's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    فصبرٌ جميلٌ
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Loren View Post
    Not really. They were 'made' with different designs and different materials in a new way.
    That's what you say! But cars don't know that. They may as well believe they evolved from motorcycles that evolved from bikes that evolved from the buggy that evolved from the wheel (single cell) that came into being by itself when different material somehow mixed. where that first material came from is unknown. It's possible that it was a continuous cycle of beginning and ending.
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! Evolution. Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Evolution.