× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 70 visibility 8426

Praying in trousers

Fishman's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Post Praying in trousers

Report bad ads?

I know I have asked this before, but I did not get a practical response about it. It's about a hadith which says that we can't wear trousers when praying unless we have an izar or thobe or something hanging over them. My parents don't want me to start wearing Asian or Arab stuff, and, as I said before, there are a lot of chavvy people around where I live that would at the least shout abuse at me.

I can't keep something in my bag and put it on when I pray, that approach just doesn't work.

I know I have asked similar questions before, but this is simply because problem issues have shrunk down to three things:
    • Islamic clothes
    • trimming pubes (people think you are gay if you do that)
    • Not having a proper Quran teacher (or any Islamic teachers)
    • People not recognising I that I am a Muslim
    If you want to answer these things too, go ahead...
    Praying in trousers

wwwislamicboardcom - Praying in trousers
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Umm Yoosuf's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Al-Athariyyah
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: I know I've asked this before, but I have no good answers

Wa Alaikumussalaam Wa Rahmatulaah

a hadith which says that we can't wear trousers when praying unless we have an izar or thobe or something hanging over them.
    I never knew that! Can you post the full hadith please.

I can't keep something in my bag and put it on when I pray, that approach just doesn't work.
    Why not?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Post Re: I know I've asked this before, but I have no good answers

format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mu'minah View Post
    Wa Alaikumussalaam Wa Rahmatulaah

I never knew that! Can you post the full hadith please.

Why not?

The site address is here:
    http://www.zawaj.com/articles/mendress_mistakes.html
    I don't know whether what it says about this hadith is an actual quotation or just what how the site describes the hadith.

I can't keep one in my bag because that would involve deciving my parents, which would make the situation worse.
    Praying in trousers

chat Quote

rubiesand's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

wa alaikum assalam,

format_quote Originally Posted by fishman
    trimming pubes: people think you are gay if you do that
    But who is going to know what you shave or what you don't shave of your awrah? You don't have to tell anyone. And nobody is going to see. So.. I'm not sure why this particular issue is a problem for you?
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Post Re: I know I've asked this before, but I have no good answers

format_quote Originally Posted by rubiesand View Post
    wa alaikum assalam,

But who is going to know what you shave or what you don't shave of your awrah? You don't have to tell anyone. And nobody is going to see. So.. I'm not sure why this particular issue is a problem for you?

Yes, but my parents are eventually going to find out.
    Praying in trousers

chat Quote

chacha_jalebi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

1st of all, mashallah bro 4 ur efforts i hope Allah (swt) rewards ya propa

format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman View Post

• Islamic clothes

islamic clothes, you dont have to wear them because as you say its difficult for you, as long as your awrah is covered then woo hoo, prayin in jeans or trousers, as you said its difficult for you to carry another item of clothin, then thats fine, many of the stuff you read of the net, is opinion of someone and not actual facts so i would say its fine for your circumstances

trimming hair, its sunnah so yesh and no one will know cos your not gona have a convo with someone sayin "o yeh last nite i was trimmin my pubes" lol so no one will know and its sunnah

not having a propa teacher - inshallah try to learn yourself, get one of them transliteration qurans, they are reaaaal goood bro

people not recognisin you are a muslim, hmmm wear the islamic hat and if you cant do that, then bro wait until you can grow a beard , cos as long as Allah (swt) recognises you then its woo hoo thats all dat matters

hope i helped
    Praying in trousers

Jaa-Ro-Nee-Mo!!!

"they ask you when will the help of Allah (swt) come! Certainly Allah (Swt) help is always near"

Surah al Baqarah v214

SMILE
    chat Quote

Kittygyal's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi View Post
    1st of all, mashallah bro 4 ur efforts i hope Allah (swt) rewards ya propa

islamic clothes, you dont have to wear them because as you say its difficult for you, as long as your awrah is covered then woo hoo, prayin in jeans or trousers, as you said its difficult for you to carry another item of clothin, then thats fine, many of the stuff you read of the net, is opinion of someone and not actual facts so i would say its fine for your circumstances

trimming hair, its sunnah so yesh and no one will know cos your not gona have a convo with someone sayin "o yeh last nite i was trimmin my pubes" lol so no one will know and its sunnah

not having a propa teacher - inshallah try to learn yourself, get one of them transliteration qurans, they are reaaaal goood bro

people not recognisin you are a muslim, hmmm wear the islamic hat and if you cant do that, then bro wait until you can grow a beard , cos as long as Allah (swt) recognises you then its woo hoo thats all dat matters

hope i helped
    Assalmualikum warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu

mashallah good stuff there rep goes out for you && Fishy Akhi for trying so hard , && A3min thumma A3min Ya Rabil Alameen.

was hard to read Akhi but got there at thy end :X

do me a favour remember me in your Du3'ah, shukran!

walikumasslam warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu
    chat Quote

Umar001's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Assalamu aleykum Wa Rhametulah,

format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman View Post
    • Islamic clothes
    • *You don't have to wear 'Arab or Asian' Clothe,s when time for Salah comes, since your going to be bending over alot you might expose the aw'rah so you just take your jumper off, or have a spare one already around your waist, and place it appropiatly. I cant wear thobe and other clothes cos my mom would not let me, so I do this and keep the thing around my waist all the time!!
      *Noone needs to know that you shave, Islam teaches us to have modesty, so unless your disabled or your two or something your parents nor noone else but your wife or what your right hand posses should really be seeing your aw'rah, at home you should have respectable clothing with covers you. I don't see how your parents would see you naked.
      *The teacher thing well alot of us have that problem
      *I am sure some people recognise you as a Muslim, if some don't then thats nothing to worry about since alot of us aint seen as Muslims and some of us are from Muslim countries!!

Your brother Eesa.
    Praying in trousers

The path is long but I hope we meet,
    After the grave and the Day, in paradise in bliss upon a reclined seat.

A traveler traveling - travelled from shirk to tawheed,
    If I'm remembered for anything - let it be the Mercy I seek.

Your Bro. Abu Hurayra, al-Habeshi
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

assalamu aleykum brother,

I'd love to see your reaction to a sister who said that she prays in jeans, the link the brother posted shows the mind state of many Muslims, not you in particular bro,

It is surprising to find many young Muslims taking exception to ladies wearing tight clothes since they cling to their bodies, yet these young men are forgetting about themselves. There is no difference between a lady wearing tight clothes which press against her body and a man wearing trousers which also cling to his body. The buttock of both a man and a woman is part of the 'awrah and both of them are the same. So it is compulsory for the youth to be warned about this predicament about which they are blind, except for he whom Allah has guided, who are few. [Taken from one his tapes]

From Shaykh Al Alabani.

Eesa.
    Praying in trousers

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah View Post

I'd love to see your reaction to a sister who said that she prays in jeans, the link the brother posted shows the mind state of many Muslims, not you in particular bro,

It is surprising to find many young Muslims taking exception to ladies wearing tight clothes since they cling to their bodies, yet these young men are forgetting about themselves. There is no difference between a lady wearing tight clothes which press against her body and a man wearing trousers which also cling to his body. The buttock of both a man and a woman is part of the 'awrah and both of them are the same. So it is compulsory for the youth to be warned about this predicament about which they are blind, except for he whom Allah has guided, who are few. [Taken from one his tapes]

From Shaykh Al Alabani.

Eesa.

subhnallah! May Allah subahwnatallah be with you mashallah a well said answer! give you reps already so can't give you anymore but just remind me after 24hrz inshallah you definately need it this time

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

yesh, re read my post bro i said, as long as your awrah is covered there are jeans/trousers/combats nowadays that are baggy and not tite, so your awrah aint shown, you cant see the shape of the legs and theres loads of clothes that do dat

i said as long as the awrah is covered
    Praying in trousers

Jaa-Ro-Nee-Mo!!!

"they ask you when will the help of Allah (swt) come! Certainly Allah (Swt) help is always near"

Surah al Baqarah v214

SMILE
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

yesh, re read my post bro i said, as long as your awrah is covered there are jeans nowadays that are baggy and not tite, so your awrah aint shown, you cant see the shape of the legs and theres loads of clothes that do dat

but say if your out of Town && you've got Jeans on && a top && a scarf on your head && say your praying on a pavement parked up on a side to pray && obviously there's no water so instead you do Tayamum, so basically my question is isn't your salah valid even though your intention was not to flash your body around, after all were still performing salah

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

and and isnt the main thing offering your salah, its the inside that counts, rather then the outside but yesh like i said and you said the awrah should be covered
    Praying in trousers

Jaa-Ro-Nee-Mo!!!

Surah al Baqarah v214

SMILE
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

yesh, re read my post bro i said, as long as your awrah is covered there are jeans/trousers/combats nowadays that are baggy and not tite, so your awrah aint shown, you cant see the shape of the legs and theres loads of clothes that do dat

I know akhi, but you telling me if your wife or sister or daughter said to you, dad /husband/brother am going out, and u like what you wearing an they said jeans you'd be ok? am sure youd be like 'what?' at first.

Praying in trousers

chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

and and isnt the main thing offering your salah, its the inside that counts, rather then the outside but yesh like i said and you said the awrah should be covered

humm is that an answer to my question

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I know akhi, but you telling me if your wife or sister or daughter said to you, dad /husband/brother am going out, and u like what you wearing an they said jeans you'd be ok? am sure youd be like 'what?' at first.

lol erm, the question was whether he could pray in his trousers or jeans not whether one can go outside

and i believe actions are based on intentions as it says in a hadiths in sahih bukhari so bro lol woteva you do, you will be judged by Allah (swt) on what you intended
    Praying in trousers

Jaa-Ro-Nee-Mo!!!

Surah al Baqarah v214

SMILE
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

can someone please for thy sake of Allah subahnwatallah answer my question i need to know inshallah!

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

yesh sista, if u intend good then its k, as you said in the situation where you have only jeans on, then woo hoo

in certain circumstances thins change, like imagine we are faced with a life n death circumstance, wer even allowed to say we arent muslim! mashallah!

so each circumstance has to be looked @ and then you gota give advice, like fishy bro said - its hard for him to carry an extra item of clothin, so for him the situation is different ya get manz
    Praying in trousers

Jaa-Ro-Nee-Mo!!!

Surah al Baqarah v214

SMILE
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

yesh sista, if u intend good then its k, as you said in the situation where you have only jeans on, then woo hoo

in certain circumstances thins change, like imagine we are faced with a life n death circumstance, wer even allowed to say we arent muslim! mashallah!

so each circumstance has to be looked @ and then you gota give advice, like fishy bro said - its hard for him to carry an extra item of clothin, so for him the situation is different ya get manz

Allah Hu A3lim

but in that situation that i mentioned is it possible to pray on a pavement were non-mehram are away from us

am so sowiee fishy Akhi for like taking over your thread i just had few questions to ask am sowiee please forgive me inshallah

chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal View Post
    but in that situation that i mentioned is it possible to pray on a pavement were non-mehram are away from us
    you can pray anywer as long as it aint dirty like no drunk manz wet himself on d place or it smells or summin

if that place is clean, then woo hoo, yesh you can pray on it
    Praying in trousers

Jaa-Ro-Nee-Mo!!!

Surah al Baqarah v214

SMILE
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! Praying in trousers Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Praying in trousers