× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 70 visibility 7328

Italy: Pakistani man sentenced to 30 years in jail for daughter's 'honour killing'

Amadeus85's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Italy: Pakistani man sentenced to 30 years in jail for daughter's 'honour killing'

Report bad ads?

Brescia, 13 Nov. (AKI) - A Pakistani man in Italy, Mohammed Saleem, and two male relatives, have been sentenced to 30 years in jail in the northern Italian town of Brescia for murdering his daughter, Hina Saleem.

Hina's maternal uncle was also implicated in the crime and received a sentence of two years and eight months for helping to conceal her body.

In what has been termed an 'honour killing' the Pakistani girl was allegedly killed because she had "dishonoured" her family and refused an arranged marriage.

Hina (photo), dressed in western clothes, wore make up, worked in a pizzeria in the northern town of Sarezzo and lived with her Italian boyfriend. She was found with her throat slit buried in the garden of her family home with her head facing Mecca in August 2006.

Her father Mohammed confessed to her slaying.

When the sentence was announced in the court on Tuesday, Hina's mother broke down and was taken by ambulance to a local hospital.

The case shocked Italy and sparked a debate about the integration of Muslims in the predominantly Roman Catholic country.

http://www.adnkronos.com/AKI/English...1.0.1548287210

This country is dying because of a lack of men, not a lack of programs.

- Corneliu Zelea Codreanu
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Italy: Pakistani man sentenced to 30 years in jail for daughter's 'honour killing

I guess not everyone agrees on what honour is.
    chat Quote

Tania's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Italy: Pakistani man sentenced to 30 years in jail for daughter's 'honour killing

The real debate is the moral values of today society. The catholics has big issues with the family life.
    chat Quote

Ummu Sufyaan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    is in need of dua
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

...desperate for husnul-khitaam...

please make dua that Allah grants me a good end (to my life). please make dua that Allah guides me.

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I am cautious to say anything about honour killing or forced marriage (both convicted by me) but i am very sure (100%) that italian man (roman-catholic)don't have the right to be with a woman (live with her) outside of marriage. At least according with the religious teachings.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Tania View Post
    I am cautious to say anything about honour killing or forced marriage (both convicted by me) but i am very sure (100%) that italian man (roman-catholic)don't have the right to be with a woman (live with her) outside of marriage. At least according with the religious teachings.
    I am a former catholic and I think catholic couples are allowed to live together outside of marriage. They aren't allowed to have premaritial sex though.
    I am also sure that a vast majority of catholics had lived and had had sex with their partners before they got married..
    chat Quote

tomtomsmom's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

That is seriously twisted.

"The only thing neccesary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." - E. Burke

"We have just enough religion to hate but not enough to love one another" -Jonathan Swift
    chat Quote

Umar001's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Oh man, what did the parent expect? Bring the children up with a set value and morals and then expect them to conform to others at the click of your fingers.

Ajeeb

The path is long but I hope we meet,
    After the grave and the Day, in paradise in bliss upon a reclined seat.

A traveler traveling - travelled from shirk to tawheed,
    If I'm remembered for anything - let it be the Mercy I seek.

Your Bro. Abu Hurayra, al-Habeshi
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

That's one of the main problems with immigration - immigrants acting according to the laws of their homeland or their religion instead of the country they live in. That's suppossed to be against Islam, right?
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint View Post
    That's one of the main problems with immigration - immigrants acting according to the laws of their homeland or their religion instead of the country they live in. That's suppossed to be against Islam, right?
    You mean honour killings are legal in Pakistan? :eek:

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi View Post
    You mean honour killings are legal in Pakistan? :eek:
    No. They're quite common though.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Yea, it's all this cultural stuff, argh, how mankind is amazing! Even the highest percieveable authority, in my view, a religion, cannot make man conform and give up his own ways.

I mean if anything was going to make people leave habits you would have thought it'd be the threat of the worst possible torture, hell.

chat Quote

NobleMuslimUK's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Pakistanis are the worst representation of Islam with their backwards mentalities and double standards, and they follow the worst schools of thoughts full of innovations and shirk. May Allah guide us all. Ameen.

"By time, Indeed, mankind is in loss, Except for those who have believed and done righteous deeds and advised each other to truth and advised each other to patience." Quran 103
    chat Quote

Pure Imaan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I was watching a show about honour killings whereby a bengali girl met up with a bengali guy, his name Raj (I forgot the girl's name), they were sitting in the library I think and when they were about to leave, the girl spotted her father and her brother and she got worried, but the guy Raj walked away as fast as he could. Then, I think the following day or the next couple of days the bengali girl rang Raj and told him she loved him.

Then the girl's brother rang Raj's home phone and Raj's mother picked it up and the girl's brother threatnend the family because he found out about his sister and her boyfriend.

The next day the girl's brother and his friends threw petrol bombs on Raj's house and they ran away. The fire spread quickly and Raj had a big family mashallah, I think 4 or 5 brothers and sisters, they all alhumdullilah managed to escape the house, but the youngest sister she was 5 years old died, she got burnt to death, the hosipital said that she didn't feel any pain becuase the fire had destroyed the pain receptors in her body.

The guy's friends went to jail but the actual guy (the girl's brother) ran away to Bangladesh where he was given a hero's welcome. I felt so sorry for the little girl's mother, she was crying soo much, May Allah (swt) give them peace and help them through this ordeal.

What a world we live in, it is heartbreaking, even when we have the Qu'ran, Allah's words, the sunnah of the beloved Prophet Muhammed (pbuh), his example, all we have to do is live as the Prophet (pbuh) did and implement the word's of Allah (swt) then inshallah we will all become better muslims, what more do we need, Oh Allah (swt) help us all to realise the importance of Islam, help us to realise death is only around the corner, that we have very little time, inshallah we will all become better muslims, have good intentions, carry out out prayers, increase our knowledge, strengthen our imaan, remain patient and steadfast in times of hardship, inshallah we will all enter jannah al Fudrous, inshallah, ameen.

I watched this show on Sky Digital, channel 115, it was called 'Honour Killings'
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    Amadeus85's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

To be clear, this act happens in very conservative societies,no matter what religion is, for example it hapenned in Sicily even in XX century

This country is dying because of a lack of men, not a lack of programs.

- Corneliu Zelea Codreanu
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint View Post
    I am a former catholic and I think catholic couples are allowed to live together outside of marriage. They aren't allowed to have premaritial sex though.
    I am also sure that a vast majority of catholics had lived and had had sex with their partners before they got married..
    Should be avoided:
    "It is quite possible to imagine other forms of relationship and cohabitation between the sexes, but none of these, despite some people's contrary opinion, offers a real juridical alternative to matrimony, but rather a weakening of it"
    AND
    "For some time now the family institution has been under repeated attack. These attacks are all the more dangerous and insidious since they ignore the irreplaceable value of the family based on marriage. They have reached the point of proposing false alternatives to the family and of calling for legislative recognition of them. But when laws, which should be at the service of the family, a fundamental good for society, turn against it, they acquire alarming destructive power. "

Source: http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/jo...family_en.html

See, exactly what i wrote above. Catholics has serious issues relating family life because today society its aproving relations outside of marriage. In this days the cohabitation begin to be recognize here even in the bank field (taking loan together which could never been done before).
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by NobleMuslimUK View Post
    Pakistanis are the worst representation of Islam with their backwards mentalities and double standards, and they follow the worst schools of thoughts full of innovations and shirk. May Allah guide us all. Ameen.
    Correction: Desi (paki/indian/bengali/etc) who follow their culture are one of the worst representatives of Islam. They follower their clutural practices which are based more on hindu culture and innovation then Islam. The school of thoughts are not innovated and shirkful over there, school of thought is fine and with Islam. The innovations whether introduced to these school of thoughts or just part of their culture (and so they think its part of Islam too) or just out of this world.

On a side note: Honor killing is something that is carried out and done in all of Asia (including orientals and other nationalities) and Middle East, regardless of their religion. It's a cultural phenomenon.

another side not: article states she wore western clothes/make up (meaning she was pretty modern/liberal) AND she had an Italian boyfriend she was living with. Apparently the parents failed to provide a proper islamic upbringing for her to go down that path, therefore parents should blame themselves first before going attacking her.
    Last edited by islamirama; 11-18-2007 at 08:45 PM.
    chat Quote

Khattab's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Deserved punishment for her father, but what has her facing Mecca got anything to do with the story?

"Lo! the Hour is surely coming, there is no doubt thereof; yet most of mankind believe not." (Al-Ghafir:59)
    chat Quote

barney's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

30 years, yeah, nice balanced sentence. Hope he hates every second of it.

Killing for mixing with Kuffar and not veiling up!
    No compulsion in religion.

Occupation: The term of control of a territory by foreign military forces: Iraq 2003-2005
    Liberation:when something or someone is freed: Operation Telic 2003
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Khattab View Post
    Deserved punishment for her father, but what has her facing Mecca got anything to do with the story?
    In this way they wanted to point out its a "honour killing" made by a muslim.
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! Italy: Pakistani man sentenced to 30 years in jail for daughter's 'honour killing' Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Italy: Pakistani man sentenced to 30 years in jail for daughter's 'honour killing'